Author Topic: [Mercy #6] River Marked Discussion  (Read 102064 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
[Mercy #6] River Marked Discussion
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:28 pm »
So the sample chapter is up on the main site!  YAY!

It looks like maybe I was right to be worried about Stefan...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:30:31 pm by Elle »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
River Marked Discussion: Early Reviews and Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »
What I'm wondering is if the vampire from the movie, who they were talking about, might be part fae, and the reason that it's supposed (per ...Stefan?  Andre?  One of Stefan's flock?) to be forbidden to turn anyone that is not wholly human? And if that will play a part in the plot down the line...   :-whistle
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:46:34 pm by Elle »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:44:25 pm »
I thought so too, Patti.  The fact that  Stefan didn't know if he was dead or not, seems suspicious to me, as if it might be important in the future...  And if he could be out in the daytime, well... We've already met one vampire who could come out in the daytime, haven't we?  He was using fae blood to do it.

BTW, favorite line:  "He was like Superman, but with fangs and oddly impaired morals."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:46:42 pm by Elle »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 05:27:53 am »
I actually think the vamp that might be a fae could be Bloody-gauntlet guy - something about the way he was described makes me think he is and even the Seethe was scared of him.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:46:51 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 06:05:08 am »
I'm just happy to have Stefan back, and happy that Mercy is obviously going to do her part to kick his butt back into shape.  And happy that Warren fed him also.  And ALSO happy that in his impaired state, he still defended Mercy.  When the scene first opened, I was a little afraid that he was maybe too far gone.  (Although in retrospect I don't know why I thought that.  He wouldn't feed from her / hurt her when he apparated into her trailer in Bone Crossed, and he was way far gone at that point.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:46:59 pm by Elle »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:38:09 am »
I am so glad that Warren fed Stefan, love the wedding chatter.  Six weeks and butterflies!  LOL Maybe it is a honeymoon trip after all!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:06 pm by Elle »

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 08:46:31 am »
I'm just happy to have Stefan back, and happy that Mercy is obviously going to do her part to kick his butt back into shape.  And happy that Warren fed him also.  And ALSO happy that in his impaired state, he still defended Mercy.  When the scene first opened, I was a little afraid that he was maybe too far gone.  (Although in retrospect I don't know why I thought that.  He wouldn't feed from her / hurt her when he apparated into her trailer in Bone Crossed, and he was way far gone at that point.)
I figured that Stefan was trying to ignore her, so he wasn't going to come out unless he had to... in other words, the only way he was going to face her was if she was in danger first and he had to protect her. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:15 pm by Elle »

YuleRule

• Tinker
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 04:50:49 pm »
Why is everybody so happy that warren fed Stephen, again? I laughed so hard as I was reading about the wedding, i can't even imagine werewolves and butterflies together. Ford is pretty scary. i keep wondering when he'll become a full fledged vampire.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:23 pm by Elle »
Please Check These Out!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 05:01:31 pm »
Ford is scary, all right!  Stefan needed the meal, so that was reason one.  Reason two is that it made things safer for his menagerie.  Reason three is that it reinforces the friendship between Stefan & Warren.  There may be others.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:30 pm by Elle »

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 06:16:22 pm »
Stefan needed the meal, so that was reason one.  Reason two is that it made things safer for his menagerie.  Reason three is that it reinforces the friendship between Stefan & Warren.  There may be others.

Not just the friendship between Stefan and Warren, but also between Stefan and the Pack.  And while Stefan is not as strong as Marsilia, Stefan IS strong, and it's good for the Pack and for Mercy to have a strong ally amongst the vampires.  Stefan needs to get back to normal for his own sake, and for him, the first step is regular snacks.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:37 pm by Elle »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 06:19:16 pm »
Feeding from a were was good for him as well, he will be able to go back home and feed his people. One more step to getting back to normal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:44 pm by Elle »

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 06:25:27 pm »
There is that extra something that vamps seem to get by feeding from werewolves, at that, as a fourth reason.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:51 pm by Elle »

Rider

• Tool Wrangler
Re: River Marked Discussion: Early Reviews and Spoilers
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 08:40:53 pm »
Also perhaps because of the part Warren played in Blood Bound? Gives the two of them more background.

I absolutely loved the sample chapter, had me cracking up especially the part with the wedding and the cattle prod bit. I can't wait to read the rest, only complaint is Adam, Jesse, and Ben weren't in it lol.   LOL
They're our scary-dangerous werewolves and they only eat people they don't like.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 11:26:52 pm »
You know, just yesterday I was thinking that we seem to be a little short on Ben love recently.  I'm not sure he's up for hanging out with Warren and Kyle for Bad Movie Night, but would have been nice to see him. 

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 12:21:43 am »
Since most of this book takes place away from the Tri-Cities, many of the regular cast don't make an appearance at all.  This is a problem with a long-running series.  You either do a Hardy-Boys, where all the interaction takes place between a handful of people, or you introduce new characters.  Patty's problem is that she's never learned to write a two-dimensional  walk-on character who basically says, "Don't mind me, I'm 'innocent victim #3' and I'll be permanently offstage in just a minute.    Instead, she ends up with a cast of thousands, and everyone rooting for their favorite players to get more stage time! 

To make it worse, she introduces a bunch of NEW characters.  Le Sigh. 
Where's my super-suit?