Author Topic: Peter & Honey  (Read 12862 times)

marci8300

• Tinker
Peter & Honey
« on: December 21, 2010, 07:21:46 am »
I'm not sure that this question has been asked yet, but does anyone have any idea why Peter can't draw on Honey's dominance in order to become more dominate?  It's been established that women take on their dominance through their mate...why wouldn't it work the other way around?  In Alpha and Omega we see both Leah and Anna drawing on their mates powers.  Just a thought.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Peter & Honey
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:34:30 am »
There's been some dancing around the edges of it, but I don't think it's been directly asked before.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:40:24 am »
I do wonder about these two and how they met. That's a good question, marci.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 06:06:55 pm »
It could just be no one has thought to try it. Or male pride won't let them admit that was what happened.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 06:27:25 pm »
I   think thats def an element because the female will be the dominant partner of the mating. But I wonder if Peter will have an Omega affect? Because he is submissive & will back down to any challenges but question is Honey - she would have to defend him :P
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 02:00:51 pm »
I guess I just kind of feel bad for Honey.  She is so much more dominate than some of the other members but has to listen to them.  Like at the door when she saved Mercy in Blood Bound.  She was "punished" even though it was clear that Mercy was invited.  Maybe it has something to do with females not fighting in the pack for dominance?

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 08:05:11 pm »
I have this opinion that pack magic just makes the female of a mated pair take on the dominance characteristics of her mate, IF it's a real mating bond.  Mercy says when she's talking about the wonky weight difference between a human and a wolf, something along the lines of, "Don't ask me why it works that way, it's MAGIC!"

Honey was upset after Mary Jo's fight with Paul and was horrified by the prospect of females getting involved in status challenges.  She can be a good fighter (as Peter is too!) but not really be interested in 'climbing the ladder', not everyone does even in RL.  In one of the A&O books, Charles explains to Anna that one of the reasons that submissives are a boon to a pack is that they trigger all the more dominant wolves so they will unite to protect them, they are sort of a glue that helps to hold the pack together IMO.

I know it's been said that she's quite dominant, but there seems to be a lot of resistance within her towards changing the status quo as far as pack standing goes.  Maybe because she's older and that's just the way it's always been.  Or maybe it's a pack magic thing like I think it is.

//edit to add// I suspect that pulls up the dominance of a female in higher status pair too, though I suspect that most mated pairs are attracted to someone at least somewhat close to their own level, so they don't either become a door mat or wind up with a total mouse in the process.  It does look like Honey is a little more dominant that Peter, but she's sort of suited to things too (or seems to be).  Adam is attracted to Mercy who is strong enough to stand up to him and deal with his alpha-ness to a degree.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:19:45 pm by DandelionWine »
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 08:29:46 pm »
My guess about Honey & Peter is that Honey has thought about it some, and decided that if she gets into dominance fights, it will mess up Peter.  He's a natural submissive, and does not want to fight other wolves for status.  If Honey fights for her natural position as dominant as she would be on her own, it would drag his status up, and he would be expected to act like a dominant.  It's not something he needs.  But if she's dominant and he's dragged up with her, someone is going to try & make him fight for what's really her position.
She doesn't want to see him repeatedly being hurt over it.  It will stress him, and even with his experience, he could die of it.

simplydreams

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 01:58:35 pm »
I had a different question about Honey and Peter.

In Iron Kissed Honey and Peter are said to be married, and in Honey's ID Card thread Peter is marked as her mate. But in Silver Borne Mercy says that Peter is a 'lone submissive wolf'. But if Honey is his mate, then he's not a lone wolf, right?

I'm a bit confused :P

Rob

• lovebird
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 02:01:01 pm »
I believe she means that Peter is the only werewolf in the pack who is 'Submissive', not just low on the dominance ranking....

....as opposed to Ben, who is a dominant that happens to rank fairly low in the pack ranking......
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 02:01:02 pm »
   Yes about the Ben part, but further I took it as that Peter's the lone true "Submissive" in the pack, and Honey is his spouse/mate, which means she shares his rank, but she's not a natural submissive.  Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:03:31 pm by DandelionWine »
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 02:52:44 pm »
"sole submissive" might have been a less confusing wording for this. 

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 04:07:36 pm »
  Yes about the Ben part, but further I took it as that Peter's the lone true "Submissive" in the pack, and Honey is his spouse/mate, which means she shares his rank, but she's not a natural submissive.  Does that make sense?

I think you hit the nail on the head.  :)
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 07:49:12 am »
I think, about the idea of Peter drawing on Honey's dominance, that Peter seems to be happy were he is right now and Honey loves him enough to accept that
Howl more, whine less

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 04:41:26 am »
As a submissive would you even want to draw on your dominant partner's power?