Author Topic: Warren and Kyle  (Read 20906 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Warren and Kyle
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:24:39 am »
I love these two characters. Warren especially has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. I love his relationship with both Mercy and Adam. He is one of the good guys.

I think what I love most about his relationship with Kyle is that it seems to give him a sense of purpose. Kyle believes in him and we see Warren reach for more and be more as the series goes forward. To move from convenience store clerk to private detective is a great achievement but I'm not sure he would have done it without Kyle's support.

Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Warren and Kyle
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:36:45 am »
I think you're right; he would have continued to drift without Kyle supporting and evein pushing him.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:17:35 am »
I agree. I think the two best things that happened to Warren after he was turned were joining Adam's pack and meeting Kyle.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:31:14 pm »
I agree. I think Mercy bringing Adam and Warren together was probably one of the best things that she could have done for him.

One of the things from Silver Borne that I enjoyed was seeing how Kyle was helping his clients by giving them a safe haven.

We know from a chat with Patty that Kyle and Warren met at a party held by one of Kyle's old boyfriends. I get the impression that Kyle pursued Warren.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 02:41:19 pm »
I wonder how Warren got the invitation.

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:49 pm »
Kyle pursuing Warren? Wow, that's a thought so juicy it makes me wish I still had time to write fan-fiction.

I can imagine it so vividly...
•Hav•

Chalger

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 11:02:39 am »
I can't wait to read 'In Red, With Pearls', I hope it'll have some spoilers on the party they met at, along with seeing who 'wooed' who.

Jabulani

• Mechanic
  • Life is waaayyy too short to be grumpy...
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 07:17:05 am »
I love these two characters. Warren especially has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. I love his relationship with both Mercy and Adam. He is one of the good guys.

I think what I love most about his relationship with Kyle is that it seems to give him a sense of purpose. Kyle believes in him and we see Warren reach for more and be more as the series goes forward. To move from convenience store clerk to private detective is a great achievement but I'm not sure he would have done it without Kyle's support.

I've only read a very little of Warren in 'Bone Crossed', but in the sample chapter from one of the other books, he, Kyle & Mercy are watching Interview with the Vampire, and I have to agree, the relationship between him and Mercy seem to be extraordinarily close. And in Bone Crossed he's also the first to welcome her induction into the pack. No hesitation or anything whatsoever.

I agree. I think Mercy bringing Adam and Warren together was probably one of the best things that she could have done for him.

Which of the books did this happen in, Elle?

We know from a chat with Patty that Kyle and Warren met at a party held by one of Kyle's old boyfriends. I get the impression that Kyle pursued Warren.

Kyle pursuing Warren? Wow, that's a thought so juicy it makes me wish I still had time to write fan-fiction.

I can imagine it so vividly...

>D Some minds are so evil... >D

Fellow Patnatics, do I understand correctly that Warren is a dominant wolf? He is Adam's third, right? Hmmm...
I'd rather enjoy life...besides, it costs nothing to smile!!!

katy

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 07:26:57 am »
Nico, you must read the whole series, starting with Moon Called, as soon as possible! (I know, you're a student -- but even students need to relax now and then.)  You'll love Warren more and more with each book.  :-LOVE I think I recall that the story of Mercy meeting Warren and eventually introducing him to Adam is told in Moon Called, though it happened previous to the beginning of that story.

Yes, Warren is very dominant.  He's Adam's third, but partly due to choices he and Adam have made based on what various members of the pack will accept.  Ranking based only on his dominance might place him elsewhere.  (I don't want to say much more until you've read the story!)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 12:43:22 pm »
You'll enjoy the scene with Warren and Kyle in Blood Bound. Yes, there are several scenes with both of them in it, but you'll know the one I mean when you get to it. >D

Jabulani

• Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:24 am »
I can't wait to read 'In Red, With Pearls', I hope it'll have some spoilers on the party they met at, along with seeing who 'wooed' who.

Is that the next novel in the series, Chalger?

Jabulani

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 11:26:25 am »
Nico, you must read the whole series, starting with Moon Called, as soon as possible! (I know, you're a student -- but even students need to relax now and then.)  You'll love Warren more and more with each book.  :-LOVE I think I recall that the story of Mercy meeting Warren and eventually introducing him to Adam is told in Moon Called, though it happened previous to the beginning of that story.

Katy, I'm working on it, believe me. Got Bone Crossed & Silver Borne now (got the first Monday & the latter today & already completed it), along with Cry Wolf & Hunting Ground. I've ordered in Moon Called & Blood Bound, but our local major bookstore chain doesn't have any of Patty's other novels on their catalogue.

Yes, Warren is very dominant.  He's Adam's third, but partly due to choices he and Adam have made based on what various members of the pack will accept.  Ranking based only on his dominance might place him elsewhere.  (I don't want to say much more until you've read the story!)

And he sounds absolutely oh-my-god-my-tongue-is-hanging-on-the-ground hot!!! I wonder if Kyle will opt to be turned?

And here's another question - are they mated? As Adam & Mercy are, I mean? Or would that not be possible for a gay werewolf?

AND another. Could there possibly be a all gay pack in the States?

You'll enjoy the scene with Warren and Kyle in Blood Bound. Yes, there are several scenes with both of them in it, but you'll know the one I mean when you get to it. >D

Hey, just because I'm a slut doesn't mean that I enjoy reading about other people's sexcapades  O)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 12:12:28 pm »
Well, let's see;
"In Red with Pearls" is the title of a forthcoming short story starring Warren, check for the "short stories" area for more details.

Used book buying on the internet is goooood.

There is plenty of speculation about Kyle being turned; because they're not to the stage of declaring 'for life' yet, no plans to try it; it's not 100% survival, as you know.  Not likely to be a gay pack; other weres tend to kill gay ones.

You are not, engaged guy, and we can all fantasize. :D

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:57:47 pm »
Hey, just because I'm a slut doesn't mean that I enjoy reading about other people's sexcapades  O)

Hey, remember the stories are Mercy's point of view. We're not getting much info on any other character's sex lives. It's just very ...cute.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:41 pm »
For generalized discussion regarding the werewolves and homosexuality we have a thread in the Mercy's Garage section. You can find it here:

Werewolves and homosexuality.

I'm not a fan of Kyle turning anytime in the near future. I could totally see a much older Kyle and young Warren. I think Kyle would enjoy the effect they made together.  LOL
Hurog Means Dragon.