Author Topic: If Mercy and Adam had a kid how would Jesse feel?  (Read 20039 times)

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
If Mercy and Adam had a kid how would Jesse feel?
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:33:23 pm »
I was just thinking, if Mercy and Adam had a kid together, how would Jesse feel. Would she be happy, sad ,mad, or just so-so? Please put what you think.
Howl more, whine less

Jax

Re: If Mercy and Adam had a kid how would Jesse feel?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 05:37:01 pm »
I think she'd be happy. She likes Mercy, she likes Mercy and Adam together. I can't see her being upset by them having a child.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:38:55 pm »
That is a good point. But personally I'd be a little jelous(can't spell at all!) :-[
Howl more, whine less

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:40:37 pm »
I think that she, knowing the realities of Adam being a werewolf, and thus young, studly, and fertile for centuries, might have a little jealousy, but since she's getting close to the age to go to college anyway, she's not apt to get too bent out of shape by it.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 05:46:54 pm »
She may even be really happy for all I know. I think it would be a good thing for her(a little annoying, yes, but good) :D
Howl more, whine less

Janilee

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:05:17 pm »
Jesse's mother's reaction may have some influence upon Jesse. If only the type that says, "if it ticks off Mom, it must be good."

Jesse's mother has shown that she is not quite stable in her reactions to Adam. Jesse has said that her mother uses the miscarriages in arguments with Adam. (Don't remember from where to cite.) If Adam and Mercy have a child this will provoke a reaction. Jesse may become the focus of this reaction.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 06:55:59 pm »
She might just feel releif that her father won't be going through empty-nest-syndrom.

Janilee

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 06:56:45 pm »
Another completely believable possibility.  :)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 08:55:46 pm »
Hmm, maybe I'm the only one but I can see her being extatic. She will have a sibling, Mercy and Adam will be happy, and she will be old enough that a new baby won't totally change her lifestyle. Actually she would be more like an aunt to the baby than an older sister.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 05:56:35 am »
No, I agree with you ArtAngel.  She seems to be a fairly stable kid; I don't see it bothering her.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 08:33:48 am »
I also agree and the only people who might get ruffled about this is Christy due to her miscarriages and bitterness and some of female weres in the pack.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 01:02:39 pm »
Yep happy lovey dovey storybook endings always happen to Mercy (just a hint of sarcasm)But I think Jesse could handle almost anything
Howl more, whine less

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 01:13:44 pm »
I think Jesse would be pleased and probably as worried as Adam would be of the possibility of miscarriage.  Jesse has been throwing Adam at Mercy for a long time *if indirectly*.  Christy's reaction would be interesting as would the pack females.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 04:23:51 pm »
you do have a very good point. I never really thought about it as Jesse encouraging them. I also think that the pack females, after all of the betrayal in the pack, support thier alpha and his mate in whatever happens. O)
Howl more, whine less

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »
You know I’d imagine there would be some jealously, but only on the basis that Jesse is a child of divorced parents (it had to affect her, she was at least nine when it happened), whereas Mercy and Adam’s child(ren) would be born into a committed family.

Somehow I’d imagine that’s how Mercy felt when she was dumped back into the already completed family when she was sixteen. Only in Jesse’s case the situation would be less extreme. Because no matter what she’s always been part of the family unit.

She’s older yes, that’s got to help, she’ll be more rational about it, and in the end she’ll just want her Dad and Mercy to be happy whether they have children or not.

You know it’s funny; technically the age gap will be less between Jesse and Mercy than any siblings. So yes she’d be more of an aunt figure than a sister.

I also agree and the only people who might get ruffled (are) some of female weres in the pack.

I’ve never thought about how it would affect the ladies. Honey and Aurielle I could see being involved with any children. But I haven’t figured Mary-Jo out yet, she doesn’t seem the children type.