Author Topic: Gary Laughingdog & Honey  (Read 4366 times)

mellinatre

• Tinker
Gary Laughingdog & Honey
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:24:42 am »
I like Gary and I think that he would come back soon enough to visit Mercy and company

It seems that he had a difficult life and I don't think that it was all because of Coyote

I also like him for Honey but he definitely need to improve as a human being before I would be able to really support them as a couple, if he wants to impress the girl he needs to care more about other people's lives, but the fact that he has been selfless enough to stay at the end of Night Broken give me a lot of hope!

I wouldn't mind if he will become a permanent character of the series in the future. Can you imagine the pack with 2 coyote walkers L.O.L it would be crazy

What do you think?
Do you like him?

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
Re: Gary Laughingdog & Honey
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:30:21 am »
I thought the issue with Gary + Honey was more to do with the fact that Honey still hasn't gotten over Peter's death, and felt guilty for being interested in Gary at all, and that's why Gary decided to leave.
Maybe he'll come back in a couple of years or so, but I suspect that for the time being he'll only show up in the series when Mercy phones him, like she did in the Shifting Shadows story.

Although... didn't he end up somewhere in Montana, on a horse Ranch or something? Maybe Gary will show up in the Alpha and Omega books?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 10:41:43 am »
I'm with you, Itsy-Cat.  He's been under stress most of the times we've seen him, so I think he's not ordinarily the clueless nit we saw ready to hit on Honey &/or comment on Peter's ghost, then stressing poor Zack at Kyle's house.
He is, however, a more... primal sort of thought/emotion person than Mercy is.  He's got more of Coyote's attitude of "other people are to play with, they're not going to last" than he'd be happy to realize if you pointed it out to him.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

misspiggy4ever

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 07:23:09 pm »
I agree. Gary has a lot of growing up to do. Right now he seems to be leaning more toward the Coyote way of relationships, meaning "love 'em and leave 'em". Not only would he need to step it up on the emotional maturity level, he would have to contend with Honey's pack. Werewolves drive away rouge wolves from the females. I don't even wanna know what they'd do to a shifter that wasn't a werewolf, that was interested in one of the females. I shiver as I think about it. Adam may not have a problem with that (and that's a big if) but the other males in the pack would. So they are facing two obstacles to getting together.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 06:30:39 am »
I am just enjoying the visual of rouge wolves.