Author Topic: Mercy Thompson: Moon Called  (Read 41216 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Mercy Thompson: Moon Called
« on: May 23, 2010, 06:52:29 pm »
September 2010 release date.

Official Diamond catalog preview:

Five Mercy Thompson novels have topped the NY Times best-seller list, and her premiere graphic novel did the same.  Now Patricia Briggs’ heroic shape-shifter returns to comics!
Mercy Thompson inhabits two worlds without truly belonging to either.

To the human inhabitants of the Tri-Cities she’s an oddity, a female mechanic operating her own garage.

To the towns darker residents, werewolves, vampires, and fae, she’s a walker, a last-of-her-kind magical being with the power to become a coyote.

Mercy warily straddles the fine line dividing our everyday world from that darker dimension.

'Til a boy, mauled by vicious werewolves and forever changed by the attack and on the run from those who committed the crime, appears at her door.

Now her two worlds are about to collide.  Outnumbered and outmuscled, can Mercy possibly save the boy?  Or even herself?

Mercy Thompson: Moon Called volume 1 #1 begins our eight-part adaptation of Patricia Briggs first Mercy novel.  Personally supervised by Ms. Briggs, the series is sure to thrill fans both old and new!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:39:45 am by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Mercy Thompson: Moon Called Volume 1 #1
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:21:47 pm »
Ohh yay thanks for the heads up Elle :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:10:30 pm »
Sweet! Thanks Elle!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

nephele

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:13:47 pm »
I don't suppose there's any place to get it in Australia (before 2012 or some horrendously later time)?

Australian Emm

• Grease Monkey
  • But if I see you before you see me.... Look out!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 04:08:21 am »
I don't suppose there's any place to get it in Australia (before 2012 or some horrendously later time)?

No as yet, we usually have to wait several weeks until its shipped down here, best way to get it? Buy it online via a ebook reader or something similar...
"Yeah, so what? I'm the living undead, whats your exuse?" - Dante H.C.Havoc's Signal Fire

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 08:21:36 am »
I had no probs with Things from another world (www.tfaw.com) - I have a current subscription for several comic book series and they ship internationally. I highly recommend them and their customer service is great!
They currently have issues 2-4 for the Cry Wolf adaptation - issue one looks like its sold out but I would keep an eye out on them if they have it back in stock or try ebay which is another good source. The omnibus edition should be out several months after the final issue is out but I don't think there is a clear date yet due to the comics being pushed back.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 09:57:54 am »
TFAW has the first issue up for preorder!!!! I just submitted a sub :D

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 10:31:09 am »
Does anybody know if there will be a preview of this coming soon. just a couple of pages or a glimpse of what to expect.  I seem to recall them doing this for homecoming.  :)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 10:42:36 am »
There was a preview for the first issue - I think I posted a link to it. I am not sure when the 2nd issue will come out - but there should be a preview of it when its slated for release.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 07:40:31 am »
Moon Called Cover

Not my favorite but I do like Mercy and Jesse is adorable.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 08:46:59 am »
Yetch.  Looks like something from later Xmen.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 09:23:37 am »
See...  :-\ This is a fine example of my only problem with comic books.

While being part of the excitement for some people, I get really frustrated >:( when I see a character I love drawn by an artist that I don't. Sometimes the change of an artist and even a writer can be a good thing and something to celebrate, but sometimes it's just a bad fit.

I'm not inclined to think Mr. Booth's style really fits the story. Maybe I'm over-reacting ( :-[ I probably am) as I think he has only drawn for the cover.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:25:16 am by shanpark_232 »
•Hav•

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 10:25:41 am »
There's a different cover artist for the second issue of Moon Called, a much better fit, I think. I'm pretty excited to see the finished product. Mercy looks pretty amazing on it, very tough and sexy. When it's closer to the release date I'll see if I get the go ahead to post the cover here.
Hurog Means Dragon.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 03:53:50 pm »
Yetch.  Looks like something from later Xmen.

It does, and that is not the right artwork at all for this series. Sigh.

There's a different cover artist for the second issue of Moon Called, a much better fit, I think. I'm pretty excited to see the finished product. Mercy looks pretty amazing on it, very tough and sexy. When it's closer to the release date I'll see if I get the go ahead to post the cover here.

Oh, I hope it's a better fit. The cover on the first issue is so misleading. :(
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:40 pm »
TWhen it's closer to the release date I'll see if I get the go ahead to post the cover here.

bOuNcY I'm excited to see it!
•Hav•