Author Topic: [Mercy #5] Silver Borne Discussion  (Read 201287 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: Silver Borne Discussion [Spoilers]
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2010, 03:12:20 pm »
Over in the River Marked thread, Tess wrote this:
am I the only one that hopes to see a wedding for Adam and Mercy and maybe a baby for Sam in this book!!!

And I thought of the part in Silver Borne where Mercy is telling us that her sister had eloped and her mother was disappointed, because she was determined to have A WEDDING, with doves and everything.   And suddenly, reading Tess's post, I had this sudden image of Mercy and Adam's wedding...with cooing doves on the wing...and hungry werewolves launching into the air to catch them and gobble them up...and wedding guests shrieking...chairs falling over...Margi horrified...Kyle in a purple wifebeater...Ben about to call some woman the c-word until Warren kicks him hard in the shin to shut him up...Adam and Mercy amused by their so-non-traditional wedding.......    LOL
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:33:20 pm by Elle »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2010, 03:19:22 pm »
LOL
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 03:35:04 pm »
LMAO Nifty I think you are so right about that - when I read that Margi wanted white Doves - I kept thinking of hungry werewolves and I can see mayhem happening during the wedding. :D
I do think Adam will get Margi on side and probably goes in cahoots with her to get Mercy down that Aisle
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:33:32 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 03:43:27 pm »
LMAO Nifty I think you are so right about that - when I read that Margi wanted white Doves - I kept thinking of hungry werewolves and I can see mayhem happening during the wedding. :D
I do think Adam will get Margi on side and probably goes in cahoots with her to get Mercy down that Aisle

And Mercy, being Mercy, would do it if it meant making her mother and Adam happy.  It wouldn't be her cup of tea, but I've noticed that unless she has a REALLY strong aversion to something, she doesn't dig in her heels.  She tries to avoid or ignore the thing she doesn't like or the thing that is not "her," but if she can't out-maneuver it, or if she knows it would mean a lot to someone she loves, she's gracious about it.  Another reason why I like her!  She's a class-act, through and through.  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:33:57 pm by Elle »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 03:50:22 pm »
Yep! I agree - I think that Mercy would also relent because of what she knows now about the people who love her - like Bran *I can see him walking her down the aisle* :D  But also the fact that Margi is a scary woman and who thinks that Christy will show up and cause some trouble!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:34:08 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

iluvadam

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2010, 03:55:40 pm »
I devoured the book yesterday and utterly LOVED it!!!   Now we have to wait another year but it was soooooo worth it!   Bows head to Mrs. Patty for another excellent read!!!!!!!!   :)

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:06 pm »
and who thinks that Christy will show up and cause some trouble!!!

I dunno about that one.  She hasn't really caused too much trouble so far, so it would seem a bit contrived to suddenly have her appear and start causing trouble.  I hope that doesn't happen.  It would be in character for her, based on what we know of her, but not in character for the BOOKS and the way Patty has been writing them.

As for Bran walking Mercy down the aisle...absolutely!  And Sam possibly as best man.  I dunno.  He's good friends with Adam, but moreso with Mercy.  And would Darryl be offended if Adam chose Sam over him?  How about...  Sam as Mercy's "best man" and Jesse as Adam's?  That would work!  I like it!

Mod note: I accidently replied on your post Nifty (slaps forehead)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:34:20 pm by Elle »

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2010, 04:11:43 pm »
Did anyone else notice that the fae called Mercy HALF human and that the same rules in that "magic place" didn't apply to her? There are a whole bunch of interesting tidbits in those pages... Now we must wait to what they become.  bOuNcY
Also, "almost mortal".  I found the choice interesting... because indications seem to be that walkers are mortal, even if not strictly human.  I wonder if this may have something to do with the pack bonds?  Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, though.

Someone way back mentioned  that Sam's new relationship spells the end to his "pack" with Mercy.  It's probably just my love of the Sam-Mercy dynamic, but I don't think his wolf is going to just stop considering Mercy to be Pack, just because he now has Ariana.

Regarding Sam's not shifting and going into the bookstore with Mercy when Ariana was there the first time:  Ariana is afraid of wolves, and whatever his feelings for her (I got the impression that he had loved her back when, but had left her alone because of her fear), he would want to avoid the panic his presence might cause.  He also stayed away when Mercy and Jesse went to meet Zee and Ariana, until Ariana Named him, and then he was called to her (remember the end of Hunting Ground?)

As for Adam's best man, I think it more likely that Warren would be in that spot, unless there's some wolf tradition regarding having the Second be Best Man.  I don't remember where it was mentioned, but somewhere it is mentioned that Warren is Adam's best friend.  Sam I think more likely to be on Mercy's side, and I can see Mercy getting a kick out of doing the non-traditional thing and having a guy Maid of Honor.  Or else she could have Jesse fill that spot and relegate Sam to the more traditional spot in Adam's groomsmen

I do agree that the ending seemed a little bit rushed, but I wasn't bothered by it at all, particularly with being written to a deadline.  I sure couldn't do that!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:35:01 pm by Elle »

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2010, 04:13:27 pm »
Kyria, you're right!  How could I have forgotten about Warren?  It's been said several times that he's Adam's best friend.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2010, 04:14:27 pm »
I could see her causing trouble- I think somewhere on the site Patty mentioned that Christy still considers those hers even if she threw it away and I think there is a lot of forshadowing in Silver Borne specifically about Adam and his relationship with Christy.
As for his best man - has to be Warren :D

Sorry about replying on your post Nifty- Ugh LOL
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:35:12 pm by Elle »

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:54 pm »
That's okay.

skipaliforus

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2010, 04:26:52 pm »
While i agree that the end was too short, one thing we all should realize is that Mercy was gone for a month, Adam was scaring the crap out of everyone. Sam was starting to reconnect with Ari. Zee was trying to gather help from other fey, and bran was helping look for her as well. by the end of the month we have the majority of the pack worried about mercy, whether because they are afraid of what Adam will do if they don't find her or, because they actually care about her....anyone else smell a great plot for a short story release in a future anthology or something? :-whistle

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:35:22 pm by Elle »
"Some people need a hard lesson in order to learn and grow—and some people ARE the hard lesson.” - Anne Bishop, author (black jewels series)

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 04:27:06 pm »
 Kyle as Matron of Honor
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:35:31 pm by Elle »
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2010, 04:35:26 pm »
I could so see that gryphon.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2010, 04:39:14 pm »
Speaking of Kyle...  I thought it was incredibly sweet that he keeps some rooms in his house decorated kid-style for the children of his clients, if they have need of a safe-house.  He's SUCH a good guy.  :-* :-LOVE
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:35:44 pm by Elle »