Author Topic: [Mercy #5] Silver Borne Discussion  (Read 193761 times)

hopeless1

• Tool Wrangler
[Mercy #5] Silver Borne Discussion
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:26:58 am »
so, i read silver borne last night and today ( my bookstore got early copies ). It was very very awesome, and just a hint for patty, there were no scenes where mercy needed her coyote to fight, and afterwards, i would have liked to see the party scene! but all over, very good book! i was so happy for sam!

ETA: Title modified. Elle
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:29:51 pm by Elle »

hopeless1

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Silver Borne Discussion [Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:12:06 pm »
well i live in canada, so i went to chapters. it was definitely amazing. it is about the same lenght as bone crossed, i read it in a few hours and got a migraine  ??? but sam gets all he deserves in this book for sure. it might not seem like it at first, but it has a very happy ending  :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:19:12 pm by Elle »

hopeless1

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:01:55 pm »
so silver borne was very good. one thing i noticed was mercy is losing her young self, her immaturity, and becoming more like a woman, which i thought was pretty cool. her and adam have really developed in this book as a couple, talking about getting married and moving in together.the parts with samual were very sad though, the whole book i just wanted to read ahead and find out of he was going to be ok. the end of the book seemed so rushed, thats the only part i didnt like. it felt like it didnt have as much time spent on it as the rest of the book. she gets rescued, then theres no talk about the party, no more samual and his girlfriend, it just skips to bran, adam, then her returning the book. i would have also liked to see more of her coyote, there was litteraly only one seen where she shifts. but overall, a very good book, as always i am extremely impressed with patty and her originality, i loved it and cannot wait for the next!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:19:37 pm by Elle »

andracowolf

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 07:24:05 pm »
 >:( >:( >:( how in world were you able to get it 3 days early???

lgm85

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 05:51:31 am »
>:( >:( >:( how in world were you able to get it 3 days early???

some places had them availbale early, i ordered mine from Waterstones on 24th March and it got dispatched on the 25th and just got it today in the post :D

wolfluver121

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 08:12:29 am »
People got their books early!?! :-' How could I have missed this!  :-'*cutting work to go to my bookstore to look for Silver Bourne*

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 08:35:19 am »
Guys, this thread is for discussing the book, not for discussing how early you did (or didn't) get it.  Can we get back on topic, please?

Ellyll, Moderator
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 11:31:49 am »
So I got my copy of SB on the 26 March and have had to take a few days out to absorb it as much as possible and I have to say I loved it. The only part I didn't like was that we didn't get to see the the party at the end. I would have loved to have seen more of this because before Mercy was held hostage, there were still a very tense atmosphere between Mercy and the pack. But during the party I couldn't help but get the impression the the atmosphere was warm between them. (hugging and fussing over Mercy.)

Everything else I  loved. I agree that there was a lot of character development in this book and it was fun to read about. I also loved the more romance side of Mercy and Adams relationship and
I'm glad Samuel has finally found someone to care for in Silver (Ariana, I think thats how you spell it)

And Ben  :D the more the books and story progresses, the more I love Ben. He is such an awesome character. I hope he sticks around for a long time to come. I throroughly enjoy reading about him and Warren too.  :D

:-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE   ADAM    :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE  I so love this man.  I wish he were real. I absolutely adore him.

I was holding my breath the whole time Mercy's house was set on fire and Adam got hurt. I never thought Mary-Jo could be so cruel but then when it was discovered that she had been set up by Paul and Henry I couldn't help but feel sorry for her slightly, though it did not justify her actions in the first place.

I can't wait to see Mercy move in with Adam. I will be an interesting read to see her deal with the pack on a day to day basis.

All in all this book did not disappoint. I loved it.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:20:12 pm by Elle »

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 11:52:37 am »
Ok, so I raced through my first reading of this!  I just had to find out what happened.  Unfortuantly when I do that, I tend to miss things.  So now I'm starting my re-read so that I catch everything!  So, sorry if my question was something that was answered and I just missed it!

When Ari was telling her story, Samuel said something about that her father hired a witch.  The book mentions that he seems to not like the witch.  Then Sam and Bran had to obey the witch.  So for those of us that have read Cry Wolf, do you think that the witch was Bran's mother?  And this was before they had gotten away from her control?

Also, I really hope that the next time we get a short story from Patty that it's about the month we missed, seeing Samuel and Ari finally come together.  I mean, at the point that they escapped the Fae, Sam still seemed like he couldn't forgive himself for the things that happened to Ari.  Then we jump forward and they are dating?  I love the fact that he's found someone!  Especially someone that can give him the family that he wants, but I REALLY want some details about their relationship and more about their past!  

LOVED the book and am looking forward to reading it again!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:20:25 pm by Elle »

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 12:31:48 pm »
What kind of supernatural critter is Sam's mate?
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 12:33:14 pm »
What kind of supernatural critter is Sam's mate?

Fae

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 12:35:13 pm »
How does that answer the baby issue?
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:47 pm »
I dont think in theory there is any probs with children with fae and werewolves if its human babies- but
From the looks of it she had no probs having children with humans although if its a werewolf baby that might be a factor and add the fact that Ari is afraid of weres especially considering her past with them it might be a factor. But I am not sure the having kids will be an issue with Sam as I dont think this is the cure of what is wrong with him.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:21:14 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 01:07:08 pm »
I agree that I don't that children would be a problem.  But what do you mean when you say that you don't think this is a cure for what's wrong with him?  Do you think that he's going to continue to have depression issues and such?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:21:25 pm by Elle »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 01:20:27 pm »
I think having children is important to him- that scene in the garage with Maia was sweet even though he lacked control. But just having kids is not the key I meant. He needs more and I think Ari especially their shared past will help. I think the main issue with them is going to be her fear of werewolves.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:21:36 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D