Author Topic: [Mercy #5] Silver Borne Discussion  (Read 185721 times)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Silver Borne Discussion [Spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:25 pm »
Ah but Ariana is undeniably getting better with her werewolf issues. And pretty rapidly over the course of a month. I imagine that only wolf-form will give her issues, as long as the wolves in human form aren't snapping and fighting.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:21:51 pm by Elle »

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 01:40:06 pm »
Plus if Sam continues to lone-wolf it, there's no need for too much contact with the other wolves.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:22:04 pm by Elle »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »
Ah but Ariana is undeniably getting better with her werewolf issues. And pretty rapidly over the course of a month. I imagine that only wolf-form will give her issues, as long as the wolves in human form aren't snapping and fighting.

True :D But I dont think it will be easy especially if a mate can help calm a wolf although I think Sam has more control and it looks like his wolf is more intuitive but I dont think it will be all plain sailing and wolves arent always calm she has to learn to get use to that especially if shes in danger.
Did you get the sense she can also turn into a hound/wolf? Because her father turned her into one and her panic attacks can lead to that - I think she might be even a berserker like Bran and her panic attacks can turn her into one. Zee looked mighty nervous in that scene when she was having one.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:22:43 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 01:52:20 pm »
I had read enough of the spoilers beforehand that I knew that Samuel was going to attempt suicide but in the end would have a good ending (even if there are sure to still be some rocky spots with Ari afraid of werewolves).  But even knowing that in advance, I was on the verge of tears when Mercy was realizing what he had done!  I could just see how heartbroken she was and I was feeling it right along with her.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:23:03 pm by Elle »

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:59:18 pm »
What, where did you get the idea that  She could turn into a hound/wolf during her panic attacks? I'm on my fourth read, and I haven't caught that yet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:23:14 pm by Elle »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 02:07:46 pm »
It was a line in the book- when they were talking about the tale of the Silver Borne. Ari says her father turned her into a beast. I'm just guessing its a hound/wolf or it could be something else but since he is a forrest Lord and an he was using hounds and it was something she was afraid of it may be worse torture for her to turn into something she hates and fears.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:23:25 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 02:09:32 pm »
It was a line in the book- when they were talking about the tale of the Silver Borne. Ari says her father turned her into a beast. I'm just guessing its a hound/wolf or it could be something else but since he is a forrest Lord and an he was using hounds and it was something she was afraid of it may be worse torture for her to turn into something she hates and fears.

Huh, I didn't get that sense but it's a possibility. We didn't really get to see  what damage she's capable of during her panic attacks.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:23:42 pm by Elle »
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 02:13:46 pm »

I hadn't thought of that possibility.  When I read that line I was assuming that she meant he figuratively turned her into a beast.  He was hurting her ever day and she finally gave in and did what he wanted.  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:24:05 pm by Elle »

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 02:18:35 pm »
That's what I thought it ment too Kas.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 02:49:45 pm »
I like the way Bran's telepathic abilities magically changed.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 02:52:01 pm »
You mean that he could hear Mercy? My impression was that may have been a temporary thing due to the witch's magic and the fae queen's binding. I'm curious to see what patty does with it in future books, if it lasts or was a one shot deal.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:24:35 pm by Elle »
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 02:53:05 pm »
You know, I kept wondering through the first part of the book if the walking stick was the silver borne.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:24:45 pm by Elle »

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 02:55:26 pm »
Maybe it had more too do with pack bonds than werewolves. After all, Mercy may have said that he could speak to any wolf he knew... but how would she know when most of the wolves she would have seen Bran interact with would have been 'his' wolves. Or he could have been speaking to her through the pack bonds, the same way that the other wolves were able to influence her. Bran is older/more dominant. It wouldn't be much of a steach to say he knew how to manipulate the bonds better.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:25:08 pm by Elle »

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 02:59:19 pm »
You know, I kept wondering through the first part of the book if the walking stick was the silver borne.

So did I.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:25:21 pm by Elle »

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 03:03:42 pm »
Maybe it had more too do with pack bonds than werewolves. After all, Mercy may have said that he could speak to any wolf he knew... but how would she know when most of the wolves she would have seen Bran interact with would have been 'his' wolves. Or he could have been speaking to her through the pack bonds, the same way that the other wolves were able to influence her. Bran is older/more dominant. It wouldn't be much of a steach to say he knew how to manipulate the bonds better.

If he hadn't been so surprised that he could hear her, I might buy that :D But he was definitely surprised. If that was normal pack bond behavior, woudl he have been surprised

So did I.

Me three :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:25:58 pm by Elle »