Author Topic: Silver Borne - Audio book?  (Read 5108 times)

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
Silver Borne - Audio book?
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:43:47 pm »
Anyone know if Silver Borne will be coming out in audio book?  And if so, will it be released the same day or later? 

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed it's the same day!!!  I have to work that day, and I can listen to audio books at work, but wont be able to sit and read the actual book and I REALLY don't want to have to wait to read it!!!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Silver Borne - Audio book?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:58:15 pm »
It should be out soon - I saw Lorelei King twittered she completed taping the book a month or so ago on twitter. But I am not sure if its out the same date as the print book.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:49:13 am »
Hoping audio goes up today. Wonder which will get here first? Audio at audible or HB from amazon  bOuNcY

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 07:24:34 am »
Silver Borne is up for DL at audible.com as of 11:15 am eastern time!!  {prolly 11 am I was checking every 15 minutes}

bOuNcY bOuNcY

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:57:39 am »
YAY Vin!  Thanks for heads up - listening to it now as I head out to deal with an on-site work issue.  Will making getting there and back so much fun!  :-LOVE

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:20:05 am »
Yeah!  I hate having to wait for the audio books!  Thanks for the heads up, on my way to audible right now!

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:44:20 pm »
OK let me preface this with the fact that I am a hater of audiobooks.  I'm too visual, for one thing.  I have a good attention span, but I am less engaged by listening.  Secondly, I often find the voice acting in audiobooks to be really, really cheesy, overdone, and often distracting. 

So, here's the big thing: Take what I have to say with a lot of salt.  'cause if you like audiobooks, you'll like this one. 

That said, driving from central Illinois to Louisiana and back is a long, LONG drive to do by yourself, and while I love music, I use it mostly as background for doing something else, unless I'm driving for two hours or less.  I'm used to dad driving and mom reading aloud for long road trips, so I gave in and borrowed my parents' CDs of the Hobbit (the narrator was just as annoying as I remember from when we had to listen to them in language arts class) and bought Silver Borne. 

As audiobooks go, it wasn't bad, and obviously I love the story.  The tonalities were, mostly, right, although sometimes more dramatized than I found necessary.   
But the character voices? The female pack members sounded like a cross between nasally, bored northern housewife, and a bit of sultry prostitute thrown in once in a while. Sam and Adam both sounded like an old woman I know whose voice was hoarse and androgynous from decades as a smoker... crossed with sullen adolescent boy whose voice is just changing.  Ben actually wasn't too far off, usually, and I liked Warren's southern accent, even if I always think of his voice as deeper than that... at least she didn't try to force her voice deeper and make it ridiculous. Kyle sounded just about right, as did Ari, actually (only when she drops her glamor, though...).  Bran's voice seemed to vary from beginning to end, starting out more like a deeper version of Kyle, which wasn't so bad even if it sounded a little bit gay, and ending up very much like Adam's.  Adam's voice can be husky, that's just fine.  But Bran the bard and his sons, they should sound like they can sing, thank you very much.  The Sandoval girls and Jesse?  Sounded like rubber ducks to me.  Darryl seemed to sometimes channel Warren, which I was not aware that Darryl did. 

My very favorite "WTF" moment was the first few lines of Zee.  He sounds more French than German for a couple of minutes.  And it never improves past the 'American trying to impersonate a German accent' stage (which I know is just about impossible for an American to do... something about the 'a' sound... but I find it distracting nonetheless.)

So who else has heard the audiobook? What did you think?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:38:48 pm by Elle »