Author Topic: Alpha and Omega Novella ebook  (Read 5741 times)

jdarbs

Alpha and Omega Novella ebook
« on: February 26, 2010, 07:33:54 pm »
Not sure if this fits in here but I figured Odds and Ends would be my best bet. Mods if this isn't the right place, sorry!

I had owned all of the books from both the Alpha and Omega series and Mercy Thompson in paperback but over the summer I got a kindle so I started to collect the newer books on my kindle. With the new books coming out, I wanted to go back and read the previous ones to have them all fresh in my mind but I lent them to a cousin in another state and no longer have them anymore. Okay, I figured, I'll buy them again in ebook format on amazon.

Issue? The Alpha and Omega novella is no longer available for the United States region in ebook format! ... what?! Does anyone know why this would be?

I know On the Prowl is available in ebook format, but honestly, the only novella story I really appreciated in that anthology was Alpha and Omega so I was really hoping that I could just buy the novella and not the anthology. Any insights would be great. I'm just sad it isn't listed as available for my region anymore. :(

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Alpha and Omega Novella ebook
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:54:49 pm »
I've seen the novella available for purchase at fictionwise.com and books on board. I just realized you tried to purchase from amazon but i don't use Kindle. I have a Sony ebook reader. Not sure what format the Kindle is and if it's available on either of those sites.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:56:35 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

jdarbs

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:11:23 pm »
It has it's own format but it cant also use the mobipocket reader format I believe. Problem is, when it isn't using it's own format, the formatting of the ebook itself can look a bit wonky, which is why I was hoping for amazon to have it.

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:16:04 pm »
Have you checked to see if On the Prowl (the anthology with this novella) was available on Kindle?  You probably have and if so, apologize for not having a good suggestion for ya!

jdarbs

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:19:40 pm »
It is! I just don't really want the other stories haha. I might have to buying it anyway if the novella doesn't come back out in kindle format.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:31:14 pm »
I'm not sure why Amazon doesn't offer it anymore. I guess your best chance is to go for the mobipocket version of the novella. Wonky format and all.  :D
Hurog Means Dragon.

Carradee

• writers
  • Mechanic
    • Misti Wolanski's home page
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 01:43:32 pm »
Why not contact Amazon and ask?

jdarbs

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »
I did contact Amazon. Their resulting reply was something along the lines of ... "We can't tell you why it isn't available. It is probably something publisher related."