Author Topic: Leo/Boyd's Chicago Pack  (Read 22318 times)

Janilee

Re: Leo/Boyd's Chicago Pack
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 10:21:48 am »
True. I think Bran and Charles's thoughts were that the pack as a whole was traumatized and needed to be broken up so the individuals could heal. That is never exactly spelled out so I could be mistaken.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:24:06 am »
Yup. I don't think it is ever clearly stated but I assumed that he got to be alpha by default.
 If I remember correct Leo was a quite strong wolf, but not all alphas are as strong or even have to be.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Janilee

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 10:27:26 am »
My problem is I can't remember if I read it (discussion on the dissolution of the pack) in Moon Called or Alpha and Omega.

Varg

• Pack Member
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29:08 am »
I have no idea. It might have been in MC maybe? There is more such discussion in the mercy books than in alpha and omega so far.
At least it feels like that to me. Might be wrong.

-Leo Tolstoy

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 11:00:08 am »
Not terribly strong wolves can be alphas; consider Europe, where Chastel was killing the strong ones.  There are several possibilities, including breaking up the pack, and Boyd staying in charge, and lone wolves or seconds from other packs coming to challenge for the position.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 12:23:20 pm »
I'm sorry I don't think I explained myself very well. Currently, Boyd is the most dominant wolf in his pack, thus making him Alpha. But dominance doesn't equate to leadership, and from what I read I don’t think he’s leader material regardless of how he reacted to Leo’s previous orders. Basically I was wondering if the Marrock would intervene by sending in a stronger wolf, or act to merge the pack with Jamie’s.

Varg

• Pack Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 12:28:55 pm »
oh, I see. You sparked some speculation though and that is good. :)

I do not think any such details are mentioned yet. From what we red in the Alpha and Omega short and Cry Wolf it did not sound like Bran had any such plans. But the focus was shifted away from that pack fairly quick. *ponders*

-Leo Tolstoy

Janilee

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 12:32:37 pm »
I only remember a line that suggests the "problem" was being taken care of. Hmmm.... Should find that place in the book.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 12:44:31 pm »
... I don’t think he’s leader material regardless of how he reacted to Leo’s previous orders. Basically I was wondering if the Marrock would intervene by sending in a stronger wolf, or act to merge the pack with Jamie’s.

He reacted teh way all wolves do to their Alpha (well, except for Omegas): He followed orders. Remember, pack magic ensures that that happens. Remember Asil's reasction to Bran's order in CW? Plus, Boyd did give Anna the marrok's number. He did what he coudl to wiggle around the enforced restriction/order from his alpha.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 12:47:53 pm »
And, while it's true (again, see Chastel or Arthur of Britain) that being dominant isn't the same as being leadership material, I think that Boyd does show it; he did what he could to get around Leo, and he took charge when Leo & Isabelle died, plus at Anna's apartment.  He may be a better leader than a dominant wolf. 

Varg

• Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 12:48:55 pm »
What they said. :)

-Leo Tolstoy

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 01:05:06 pm »
In fact, Boyd might make an excellent Alpha, with a really strong second & third who are 100% behind him & Bran.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 01:12:43 pm »
IMO he shows both dominance and good leadership skills, plus he he seems ot have a strong moral base. I coudl see him being entrusted with a young girl who'd been turned.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 01:14:35 pm »
Yes; again, his dominance is not as strong as for instance Charles, or Adam; I suspect Warren or Darryl would outdo him too, but combined with his leadership skills and as you say, twin, moral sense, he could be a 'poster child' werewolf.

Jabulani

• Mechanic
  • Life is waaayyy too short to be grumpy...
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 04:39:38 am »
Again sorry :-[I confuse myself sometimes :)

Little Wolf, don't feel bad. You are sooooo not alone in that regard. I wrote elsewhere that had I been human, I'd have gone stark raving mad a long time ago from sharing my mind with myself. It's scary in there, very very scary. LOL
I'd rather enjoy life...besides, it costs nothing to smile!!!