Author Topic: Hardcovers of Graphic Novels  (Read 4946 times)

caerali

• Grease Monkey
Hardcovers of Graphic Novels
« on: January 30, 2010, 04:51:07 am »
I glanced though and didn't find a string about the current Mercy graphic books going to hardcover.  I bought the Homecoming one in hardcover, and it sure fit 100% better in my library in my room.  Are all of the current series that are appearing in graphic form going to hardcover?  I think its my OCD kicking in, but honestly, it would hold up so much better mashed between all the other books if it does.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Hardcovers of Graphic Novels
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 12:32:40 pm »
I can't give a definitive answer, but my guess would be that it's planned to do that with each story arc when it's complete.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

wheeler_ra04

• Tool Wrangler
The comics in hardcover
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 09:49:40 pm »
My question is are they actually going to publish them in hardcover graphic novel format? I would prefer to purchase them in this format to match Homecoming(which was awesome!!), but I don't want to miss out on the comics all together if they aren't.
What should I do?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:30:01 pm by Elle »

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: The comics in hardcover
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »
Hi wheeler,

I split off your question because I think you were commenting on the Moon Called comics, not the Cry Wolf ones which won't be released for a bit.

There won't be a hardcover release of Moon Called. Unlike Homecoming, Moon Called is being sold in two different soft cover collections. Each collection has four books: #1 has Issues 1-4 and #2 has issues5-8, they also come with an original short story written by Patty and adapted by David Lawrence. This short is about Mac, the young wolf who died in Moon Called.

The first one is available for purchase right now:

Moon Called Omnibus #1
Hurog Means Dragon.

wheeler_ra04

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 08:13:13 pm »
No tecnically I was refering to any of the comics in general. I was more interested about finding out if the Cry wolf Comics are going to be released in hardcover graphic novel format like homecoming was. I prefer to collect them that way! I already knew about the moon called soft cover volumes. I don't want to miss out on the individual cry wolf comics if a larger volume is not in the works. I would prefer not to buy them twice but I will if there is a chance the cry wolf comics are going to make it to a hard or soft cover omnibus.

for the record I could care less where you move my messages as long as I get answers to my questions :)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:16:19 pm »
The Cry Wolf comics are being redrawn right now. We won't see a re-release of them from anywhere between 3-6 months. It's too early to say if there will be a hardcover release of it but since Moon Called is the same format and company, Dynamite Entertainment, I'd say to expect a soft cover omnibus with 2/4issue volumes over a hardcover 8 issue release.
Hurog Means Dragon.