Author Topic: Mercy, Children, and Family Questions  (Read 103284 times)

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
Re: Mercy, Children, and Family Questions
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2015, 09:38:33 am »
I'm not sure that Gary or Coyote would know about walker+werewolf children either though. Yes, they're both old (especially Coyote), but the walkers are Native American and the Werewolves are European, and so they would have only been able to come into contact with each other relatively recently, when the European supernaturals travelled to the US. And then the vampires started slaughtering the walkers, until there were very few left.
And the werewolves are very territorial, and would likely try to kill or run off any walkers they found in their territory (Mercy being the exception since she was given to the Marrok as a baby, then Adam was told to look out for her etc, before he claimed her as a mate, but even she had problems with a lot of werewolves not wanting her around and only very grudgingly accepting her existence).

So I'm not sure there ever would have been any previous walker/werewolf children, because of all that. (The two supernatural types not coming into contact except for in recent history, then the walker population being decimated, and then the werewolf territorial nature not accepting rival predators).
Which would mean that neither Gary or Coyote would likely know what the possible result of a werewolf+walker child might be.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2015, 12:44:51 pm »
Strange, I was sure I'd posted on this.
I think that the attack on Adam and the pack was more likely the main cause of the panic attack, but Mercy's not ready to have a baby yet, for a variety of reasons, most involving supernatural/mundane politics and how their group keeps getting tangled up in them.

As for werewolves not interacting with Walkers much since they've only been on North America for about the past 300 years... well, remember  the Vikings (and I think some Italians?) have been visiting for many centuries before that.
Since -as Adam found out quite unpleasantly!- there is a Wolf just as there is a Coyote, and his direct children might have come in contact with (and possibly had magic that nullified/counteracted that of weres) werewolves before now, it is possible that one or more of the Primals know, or that some of the other Walkers know - but has anyone asked either?

In any case, the Samuel/Mercy question is now moot, and it's going to be some time - if ever - that we get an answer about what genetics Mercy & Adam's children might have.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2015, 09:57:31 am »
I think that Patricia Briggs is going to have a pregnant mercy story line eventually and a story line where Anna and Charles adopt or use a surrogate to have children. for the mercy books there is the walking stick that makes lambs have twins and the fact that coyote said he taught it some new tricks.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2015, 10:46:58 am »
Isn't it fun to speculate?  :D
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2015, 12:56:39 pm »
speculation is what keeps you sane waiting for the next book

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2015, 01:13:02 pm »
Amen pcpoet  :D

speculations is life

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2015, 07:48:20 pm »
Mercy seems so confident, strong, brave, and moral, and I'm sure part of this was due to being raised by her foster parents and by her observing Bran, but I wonder if it's also due to her nature as Coyotes daughter. Her mother gave her up when she was born, yes because she was young and also because her daughter turned into a coyote pup and she thought she'd be better off with Bran's pack, but that had to have somehow affected Mercy as a child. Her mother visited, but I don't remember how long or if she ever stopped, just that she eventually got married and had children, who she didn't tell about Mercy until Mercy had no where to go and ended up on her doorstep, and then Mercy mentioned how she stopped shifting and changed other behaviors to fit more into her mothers perfect family, but even though they were nice she didn't feel like she was a part of it.

And all through Mercy's childhood, she had her foster parents who loved her, and she had Samuel, but who else? The women hated her, even wished her harm, and Leah the queen of the town would of killed her, for reasons a child like Mercy didn't understand, she also mentioned to Samuel how she wasn't a part of Bran's pack and how it was made cleared to her, she was an outsider. Then her foster parents died, her foster fathers suicide shortly after Christmas, and Bran was going to send her to her mother, but she wanted to stay and live there, then when she's 16 and thought she found a place with Samuel she realized he didn't really love her like she loved him, and was sent off to her mother when she became "inconvenient" after spending her whole life with the wolves.

Now she's with Adam's pack, some of which would still love to see her dead no matter what she's done or will do for them, and even tried kicking her out of the pack in a way and ruin her relationship with Adam. She's accepted if as part of accepting him, but again it isn't easy when she's reminded she isn't like them, and won't ever really fit it, not that she's been letting it bother her. But if something doesn't change with them, I find it sort of sad Mercy will be spending her life like that, either married and mated to Adam.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #277 on: May 09, 2016, 03:28:36 am »
Oh gosh what if Adam and Mercy will have the first FEMALE born werewolf???
till now I have always thought that they would have a litle boy when they finally will feel ready to add to their own family, mostly because female werewolves have so many problems already when they are turned young but that actually don't put aside the possibility that they could have a baby wolf-girl and that could be the start of a new set of problems.....

btw now that I think about it I can add this as one of the very few reasons that make Jesse choose to become a werewolf herself...like be strong enough to protect her little sister and things like that in a society that make things so hard for female werewolves

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2016, 09:58:30 pm »
What if Mercy and Adam have more than one child. Like then wolves, dogs, coyotes, and many others have many pups every time they get pregnant? That if Mercy get pregnant and instinctivt stay in Coyote form because the child/children isn't human? bOuNcY How will Adam pull it of? Saying Mercy is on Holiday?  LOL
[/url]