Author Topic: [Mercy #3] Iron Kissed Discussion  (Read 86869 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Iron Kissed Discussion
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2008, 04:54:49 am »
I think they need to talk things over - which hopefully help heal from the hell they went through. Bottling things up isnt healthy and if Adam bottles stuff up - it wont help Mercy to deal with the aftermath and that goes both ways as well with Mercy.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

bookaholic219

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2008, 07:26:57 am »
Yahoo! i love this book i have always been rooting for adam anyway . no offense to the sam lovers out there but he was a bit to controing for me. i cant wait until bone crossed or any of my other books.
if you have heard of the twilight saga go to :www.thetwilightsaga.com and look for me bookaholic524 on most of the posts.
p.s.twilight,mercy ,harry,and kate rock!

bookaholic219

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Mercy's expletive substitute?
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2008, 07:40:32 am »
Here you go photodyer and welcome to the boards :D

"Cheeses crusty, got all musty, got damp on the stone of a peach," I agreed. He looked blank, so I repeated it with proper emphasis. "ChEE-zes crustry. Got Al-musty. Got DAMp on the StoneofapeaCH."

I am using this as an excuse to reread one of my favorite Mercy and Adam moments :D
thank you ive been looking for this forever and you say it was in IK ? odd i thought it was the other two.
if you have heard of the twilight saga go to :www.thetwilightsaga.com and look for me bookaholic524 on most of the posts.

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2008, 07:46:11 am »

*sigh*
I still don't hear/get it... I've said it to myself about a thousand times... gah!!
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2008, 07:52:44 am »
Snoopy check your pm ;)

I didnt want to post it here - but I think that is what it means :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2008, 07:56:57 am »

Thanks Has!!!!  :)

Kitarsha

« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2008, 03:39:11 am »
Anyone want to PM me too?  I've read it and read it and read it...and still don't get it  :D  Mind you i'm guessin it will be a 'of course!!!' type moment when i find out  ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2008, 03:48:28 am »
Hey Kitarsha- sent you a pm. Perhaps we should get it translated because it looks like there are still a few readers who are confused about this :D

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2008, 03:52:44 am »

Hee hee, that means you just got two PM's on it Kitarsha.

Ah, Has, that's too easy - although look who's talking, I didn't get it without your help, so I should probably be quiet on the subject.
I did try very hard before sending out that call for help though...
 :D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2008, 04:08:40 am »
Hey I didnt get it until someone said to say it out loud and say it fast. Although I got the last half - I had trouble deciphering the middle part ;)

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2008, 04:20:13 am »
Hey I didnt get it until someone said to say it out loud and say it fast.

I didn't get it even then!!  :D ;D

bookaholic219

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2008, 06:42:33 pm »
I know the last 3 but I kinda get the first one not sure though!

I sometimes say oh sugar when I need to substitute swear words or use the sci fi ones like Frak or Frell :D

the first one is jesus but i usually use food instead " what the fruit?"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:48:22 pm by bookaholic219 »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2008, 08:54:24 pm »
Take the t & e out of 'stone' & replace the P with a b.  I bet you'll get it then.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

DogPatch

« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2008, 06:04:33 am »
I had trouble with it when I read it, too.  My husband was watching the race and I was repeating the words over and over again.  He kept looking at me like he had done something wrong and I was mad at him.  Poor guy. ;D

octopippo

• Tool Wrangler
  • to la lune i bay, i howl, i sing
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2008, 11:04:28 am »

Thank you Opramum.   That scene was a tough one.   Patty really struggled with whether to let it play to completion, or have Adam and the wolves show up in the nick of time.  This is a dark an dangerous road.  It changes the character, and makes the next book or two more difficult.  Nobody wants a whiny, angsty character, but it would be unrealistic to have a rape victim bounce back with no effects.  It's hard to read,and books should be entertaining.  It raises some ugly issues that nobody wants to think about; some monsters are real.

We talked about this several times.  The smart decision was probably to play it safe and have the cavalry ride to the rescue in the nick of time.  All the excitement and none of the issues -- it should have been an easy decision.  But rape and sexual assault are all too common in our culture.  They are usually committed in remote locations, selected for privacy, and for many real women the cavalry doesn't arrive in time.  If we consider rape too terrible to inflict on a fictional character, what does that say to all the real victims; the ones who have to deal with all the emotions and misplaced guilt and unanswerable questions?  We decided it wasn't fair to flinch away and take the easy path.  We're still not sure it was a wise decision, but I think it was the right one.

i have no problems with it being unrealistic, it is fiction after all.
you know those car car commercials where the group of friends are just driving along and talking and then BAM! another car hits them!!! i always cringe when i see it and sometimes turn away, because i got into a bad car accident like that once. and it was just like that unassuming and unexpected, so i can't even imagine what it must be like for a rape victim to read the end of this book.
^_^