Author Topic: Adam/Christy Marriage & Divorce  (Read 31297 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Adam/Christy Marriage & Divorce
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 06:24:33 pm »
Fun idea, but I don't think Kyle would think of himself in those terms.  More like, oh, a bear, or hm, a puma maybe?  Another type of predator/omnivore that shares some of the territory with the pack, acknowledging each other but not having a place in the same species/group's pecking order.  Another meat eater to respect, because you could hurt each other if you fought, but with enough divergence in interest (bears are more interested in salmon, grubs, other things wolves don't eat) that they don't feel the need to confront & try to drive each other off.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Triakel

• Tinker
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 04:35:03 am »
Do you think if Christy comes after Adam, he'll get Kyle to represent him?  I thought that would be a cool story line.  Have one of the weres go through a nasty divorce, and since they're out now, have the wife play hardball over the issue, then Kyle could come in and crush her.  It would go a long way toward cementing Warren's place in the pack, and allowing Kyle as his accepted mate.  Plus, I think it would be funny to see Kyle at work dealing with weres (I definitely think he would be dominate, but more like Bran ;)).

Love that idea! It could be a battle worthy of our battle-thread...
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government... you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 05:44:23 am »
I was wondering as well about whether who was the one that called it quits between Adam and Christy- although I assume that Christy due to her increasingly bitterness was the one. Perhaps Adam decided to end it because it must have caused instability in the pack - Mercy hinted that she was disruptive. Perhaps if that was the case I wonder if that is another reason why Christy is that way because from the tidbits that we get from the chats and books- she is unable to live alone and blames Adam for it.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 07:56:42 pm »
i love the idea but i doubt it will happen, but you never know what christy will do as far as bringing jesse back to live with her after she sees how severely adam attacked tim.  but she could also understan that he did it because he loves mercy ;)

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 06:00:21 am »
but she could also understan that he did it because he loves mercy ;)

But I can see her doing that for that very reason Keirsten. Also another thing is that Adam's wolf is mated to Mercy as well, which never really happened with Christy- could that be another factor, like all the different aspects of Adam didnt accept her because she couldnt fully accept him or was it the other way round? And does she resents him because of that?
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

jenglows

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 05:49:56 pm »
 this is a little off the current topic, but  I'm not sure where else to put it.
So, I've been mulling over the Christy/Adam info from the last chat- that is limited info- and my mind is filling in gaps all on it's own ;)   I think that my opinion of Adam is going to take a few hits if he was falling in love with Mercy while he was still married.  Maybe Christy was just a bit jumpy and jealous, but I guess it turned out that she had some sort of intuition about what was going on?  As mother, I'm totally abhorred by Christy's behavior with Jesse. But as a wife I'm starting to feel some sympathy for her.  I can't imagine how irritable I'd be if I had a 50+ hubby that was lusting after a cute mid-20's neighbor.  Anyone else thinking about this?

EDIT: moving this to the Adam's Marriage thread, though it does have some overlap with the Adam and Mercy thread. - charmed, books co-mod
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:45:26 pm by charmed »

Goddess of the Night

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 07:04:54 pm »
I am not sure if I view it as Adam falling in love with Mercy while he was married. I think his human half fell OUT of love with Christy while the wolf half was starting to veiw Mercy as a mate. Don't forget there are two set's of instincts, human and wolf. I don't think you should look badly on Adam because his wolf was attracted. Remember wolfs mate for life so the wolf never looked at Christy as it's mate so IT wasn't being disloyal. Adam didn't cheat or make any moves on Mercy until well after the divorce so the human part (with his strong sense of ethics) didn't let the wolf win.
~*~ Nyx ~*~ Goddess of the Night ~*~

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 07:44:48 pm »
It is human nature to fall in and out of love over time. I respect the fact he didn't even begin to act on it until some time after the devorse.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 09:38:35 pm »
I'm not sure that we have enough info to make too many judgement calls on this one.

I agree with glow that there is such a thing as emotional betrayal, but I also understand the attraction of something "nice" when you're in the middle of a nasty relationship.  In addition, I agree with Zealith that Adam does deserve some respect for not acting on that attraction either during his marriage, or for some time after it ended.  I think Adam would probably view the two as fairly mutually exclusive, just because he liked Mercy or found her attractive did not mean he had to act on it, while the marriage with Christy was dissolving due to issues that only concerned the two of them.  Mercy mentions in MC that she and Adam don't have a particularly close relationship (I'll find the reference if you want), so avoidance may have been part of Adam's attempt to keep that attraction under control.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2008, 09:15:35 am »
And from the sounds of things - I think the move to the Tri-cities wasnt helping probably an already crumbling marriage. The miscarriages which she blamed on Adam and pack business was as much to blame to the breakup as well.

Christy couldn't handle being a werewolf's wife let alone an Alpha's so add to the fact that his wolf didn't like her and his growing connection to Mercy and her insecurities and bitterness she would have used this to lash out at him.And if Mercy was not in the picture - the marriage would have broken up eventually but perhaps it would have been later rather than sooner.

Also another factor- Adam mentioned he was reluctant to get involved with another woman especially  one who affects his control like Mercy does. So that would have been a factor because as a control freak and a guy who likes order and just got out of a bad marriage no wonder he would have been reluctant to start another relationship to someone who could potentially be disruptive to his control.

I also find it interesting that although his wolf has chosen her as a mate- I think in a chat, Patty stated that Adam chose Mercy before the wolf - so perhaps Christy picked up that he had a growing attraction to Mercy but Adam may not be conscious of his feelings for her. Although I bet she would have used it to make him feel guilty and to use it as ammunition despite the fact that he didnt consciously cheat or acted on his feelings.

Lightning

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2008, 03:54:14 pm »
yo i think remember reading A&O that when a were marries a human it takes a while for the wolf to accept them as a mate. as well as sometimes the wolf choosing the mate before were like with Charles and Anna as well as with Bran and Leah. so maybe thats what happened with Adam and eventually Adam fell for just like the wolf would in other human/were relationships/marrage.

also what if Adam's ex Christy just wants cusitity of Jennie just to get back at Adam. it's been said she's immature and emotionaly unstable i think.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:56:06 pm by Lightning »
long live Briggs<br />Alpha and Omaga Rocks  <br />Pity those foolish enough to get between me and the books

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2008, 05:37:23 am »
I think in a chat, Patty stated that Adam chose Mercy before the wolf
Quite frankly it would make me wonder about Adam's Wolf if it had been the other way around, while Coyotes can mate with Wolves it is mentioned that naturally Wolves and Coyotes don't go along.
And it would be a strange concept for any animal to mate cross species, wouldn't it?

also what if Adam's ex Christy just wants cusitity of Jennie just to get back at Adam. it's been said she's immature and emotionaly unstable i think.
Which, I believe, was the main reason to begin with for her to want custody over Jessie. She doesn't seem to care to much for her, probably didn't see her as much as her daughter as she sees her as his daughter, a convenient way to get back at him.
Seen in that light, one almost expects her to make a move now that Adam came out (a move that does affect her as well, being his ex, so one more reason to strike out at him). And no matter how emotionally instable, she did gain a advantage if there should be a renewed fight over custody for no human court can grant a werewolf care over a child with good conscience; she might not be able to get Jessie back but she certainly could might it hard for Adam to keep her, too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 06:06:24 am by Gerd D. »
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2008, 10:13:52 am »
Seen in that light, one almost expects her to make a move now that Adam came out (a move that does affect her as well, being his ex, so one more reason to strike out at him). And no matter how emotionally instable, she did gain a advantage if there should be a renewed fight over custody for no human court can grant a werewolf care over a child with good conscience; she might not be able to get Jessie back but she certainly could might it hard for Adam to keep her, too.

Another thing to factor  is that Christy will feel that her suspicions and feelings towards Adam and Mercy were right and she will definitely do that or if that was impossible she would become more vindictive and disruptive in other ways.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2008, 12:39:05 pm »
I agree that Christy would probably try to use the werewolf thing to get Jessie back.  Esp. if she learns about Jessie getting beaten up because of Adam.

However, there are two things that would make this situation very interesting:

1)  Jessie may not stand for it.  She wants to live with her father and precipitated the custody transfer in MC so she could.  If her mom takes it to court, I can't imagine her not standing up to bad mouth her mother there.  Plus, at 16, her opinion holds more sway with a judge than that of a younger child.

2)  I can't imagine Bran not becoming involved.  Considering the fact that case law determines so much in the judicial system, Bran would surely step in to prevent the passage of a judgement that could separate weres from their children as a matter of course during a divorce.  And if I were Christy, i would not position myself in opposition to Bran.  But I get the feeling that she might not be very bright when it comes to dealing with weres.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2008, 12:57:42 pm »
I agree that Christy would probably try to use the werewolf thing to get Jessie back.  Esp. if she learns about Jessie getting beaten up because of Adam.

However, there are two things that would make this situation very interesting:

1)  Jessie may not stand for it.  She wants to live with her father and precipitated the custody transfer in MC so she could.  If her mom takes it to court, I can't imagine her not standing up to bad mouth her mother there.  Plus, at 16, her opinion holds more sway with a judge than that of a younger child.

2)  I can't imagine Bran not becoming involved.  Considering the fact that case law determines so much in the judicial system, Bran would surely step in to prevent the passage of a judgement that could separate weres from their children as a matter of course during a divorce.  And if I were Christy, i would not position myself in opposition to Bran.  But I get the feeling that she might not be very bright when it comes to dealing with weres.
I so much agree with you about her lack of understanding of weres, Jenniwee!
I think that the question I come up with is whether Washington (my home state, & I don't know) has an 'emancipated minor' option like I've seen used in some shows taking place in New York.  If so, I can see Jessie deciding to sidestep the whole thing by declaring herself as such, & moving out on both parents in an effort to cut the scuffling down. 
I don't know if it would work, if her mom is ramped up (egged on by Lauren Society types, perhaps?) to push things, but it would theoretically get any question of whether she was safe with her father off the table.  "Look, I'm not *with* my father, stop bringing up the irrelevant fact that he's a werewolf.  You might consider that I'm *also* not *with* my mother, who took off to Italy with a boyfriend, leaving me completely unprotected.  And who ignored my being groped by more than one of her boyfriends.  How many girlfriends has my dad had in the same time?      Yeah.  Just shut up."
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.