Author Topic: Adam/Christy Marriage & Divorce  (Read 31296 times)

Iris101

• Mechanic
Adam/Christy Marriage & Divorce
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:14:51 pm »
If he chose Mercy while he was still married maybe thats why his wife reminds me so much of Lea.

Lea: Hates Mercy, and if allowed to would probably kill her.
Adams X: Hates Adam, and always gives him a super hard time.  Even when she leaves Jessie home alone without giving her or anybody else except her current boy friend any heads up about it.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
Re: Adam/Christy Marriage & Divorce
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 08:57:02 pm »
I think the timing issue pretty much sends Mercy's protection theory straight to hell.  I really hope Patty tells us more about the mate thing, not to mention clearing up whether or not Adam moved to the Tri-Cities on Bran's orders, in the next book.

Adams X: Hates Adam, and always gives him a super hard time.  Even when she leaves Jessie home alone without giving her or anybody else except her current boy friend any heads up about it.

I pretty much think that Adam's ex is just a really nasty piece of work.  Everything that goes wrong is someone elses fault, resenting the responsibility of children, behaving like an immature teenager in a pathetic attempt to recapture your youth.  Lots of people like that out there.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 09:07:51 pm »
One thing a few years experience will tell you is that divorce is at best a necessary thing.  At worst it is ugly and messy and never ending. And there is no such thing as a divorce where only one person is wrong or right. I think Mercy and Adam should and probably will consider this. One can only hope it isn't too hard on the innocents.  It looks like Jesse wasn't an emotional winner in this divorce because she does need both of her parents even if only one of them is stepping up to the plate. 

jenglows

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 12:41:09 pm »
One thing a few years experience will tell you is that divorce is at best a necessary thing.  At worst it is ugly and messy and never ending. And there is no such thing as a divorce where only one person is wrong or right. I think Mercy and Adam should and probably will consider this. One can only hope it isn't too hard on the innocents.  It looks like Jesse wasn't an emotional winner in this divorce because she does need both of her parents even if only one of them is stepping up to the plate. 
I completely agree.  Adam has played some part in the situation with his ex-wife, people don't just necome that crazy-bitter for no reason. Either she was a bit off when they began the relationship and the deterioration of the marriage flipped her out or something else is going on that we don't know about.  I don't think Sam is the only one that has secrets here.   If Mercy was my friend, I'd advise her to stear clear of guys with crazzed ex-wives and teenage kids in the middle. It's just a nasty situation that is no fun for anyone and can cause serious problems in future relationships for all of the players.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 04:24:16 pm »
If she was a bit off from the beggining why would Adam have married her? Surely his wolf would have stuck it's nose in there at one point or another. But, then what could have happened to her to make her so nasty that involved Adam, I just can't see him intentionally hurting the anyone like that with out very very good reason.  Makes you wonder what happened, or maybe if it was She who hurt him in the first place.... cheating, in love with his money, etc.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

DeDanann

• Tinker
    • Pooka's Tales
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 04:46:30 pm »
If she was a bit off from the beggining why would Adam have married her? Surely his wolf would have stuck it's nose in there at one point or another. But, then what could have happened to her to make her so nasty that involved Adam, I just can't see him intentionally hurting the anyone like that with out very very good reason.  Makes you wonder what happened, or maybe if it was She who hurt him in the first place.... cheating, in love with his money, etc.

Sometimes a person's faults are not as apparent when you first marry them, and you find out only after it's too late.  Or you're lonely and want a relationship to work so badly that you ignore potentially serious faults when you shouldn't.  Patty has already said that people sometimes fall in love and the wolf doesn't agree, but they marry anyway.  The wolf might not be able to read Adam's ex's mind and know how she was going to turn out, and even if it could sense something wrong, Adam may have wanted a relationship so bad that he ignored the danger signs.  Happens all the time.  Happened to me when I was 21.  (Shrug.)  People make mistakes.  But the key thing is, you're supposed to move on after a mistake.  I have very little sympathy for people who choose to become bitter and vindictive, like Adam's ex.  Life's too short for that (for most of us.)  And believe me, bitter and vindictive is a choice.  I've seen people make it again and again.

jenglows

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 06:40:12 pm »

Sometimes men do things with out thinking that really impacts a spouse, not because they are intentially trying to hurt them but just because they are kinda inconsiterate or just feel that whatever is more important and don't realize the impact until it's too late.  It's been my expeirence that men aren't always the most empathic thinkers and often don't understand how much their actions impact others...just a thought...
 DeDannan has a good point too, some people really can't get over or rebound from emotional injury. It's sad and can/will destroy their life as well as the other people involved.  poor Jesse. She's gonna have some issues later in life.

Shiri

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 06:43:28 pm »
In terms of Adam's ex, I know right now she is painted as a horrible person and an awful mother.  I can't help wondering though, what she was like before she lost so many children before they were born.  In the books, Jesse mentions that many of Adam and his ex-wife's children died in the womb.  That happening once can turn anyone cold,think of that happening over and over again.  She probably just couldn't handle any of it.  That doesn't totally explain why she's such a bad mother now, but it may explain why Adam married her.  She could have been a different person before all of the miscarriages.

jenglows

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:54:09 pm »
True, true Shiri  :)  The fact that Adam knew that children would be hard and might not of told her until *after* they were married when he dropped the " BTW, I'm a werewolf" :o bomb might explain at least some of her bitter resentment towards him. :(

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 09:42:18 am »
I'm not really suprised that she's bitter toward Adam.  The whole I'm actually a werewolf would probably be a deal breaker for me (though in defense of all the weres, before the weres came out, you weren't permitted to tell until after you married).  What I find so distasteful about her is her treatment of Jesse.  I mean, running of to Vegas without providing care for your child?  dating a guy who tried to rape her?  That's classified as abuse. 

jenglows

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 10:15:11 am »
yeah, I don't have much sympathy for her  either as it relates to Jesse.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 12:08:59 pm »
Absolutely.  Even if she didn't know about the rape - incest like stuff is hard to find out about - I know you can watch out for it.  I made a point of learning for myself and reminding people that it's much more common for kids to be harmmed by trusted people than strangers.  And kids WILL tell you if you listen and pay attention.

A childhood friend was sexually abused by her adoptive father and told her adoptive mother, her social worker, her birth parents and a couple teachers.  No one believed her.  After 2 years and running away 4-5 times her adoptive parents decided she was a bad kid and had her put in a group home.  Best thing that ever happenned to her.  She met the first of 3 people she considered her real parents.  It is she who saved herself , though, because she survived long enough to find them and was able to trust them when she did.

jenglows

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:32:16 pm »
It's illegal for social workers and teachers not to report suspected or admitted cases of abuse. She could sue the school and the county. She should contact a lawyer. Seriously, that situation is horrible and shouldn't happen to anyone else.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:02:23 pm »
I agree.   It was reported.  No one believed her - they all thought the adoptive father was a great guy.  I think not being believed caused her as much or more pain than the actual abuse. 

Listen.  Even if the acusation can't be proven, separate the child and the accused just in case.  It's too important to take a chance.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 09:23:29 pm »
Adam is not the kind of person who would declare Mercy his mate while he was still married.  It was in response to a specific incident (which Mercy doesn't know much about) where it was the lesser of two evils -- Adam saw it as his best chance to keep Mercy alive and keep his pack whole.  It happened not too long before Moon Called began.   

Oh...as my imagination goes into overdrive! I hope we get to see this in a flashback.  8)
Hurog Means Dragon.