Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 70678 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2011, 11:54:59 am »
Agrees with Patti Re: Stefan

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2011, 02:57:43 pm »
I do too.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

ppbwashu

• Tinker
  • God, thank you for moving me to wine country!
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2011, 03:43:45 pm »
I agree, too. 
Find what you love and do it!

FizzaLicious

• writers
  • Mechanic
  • I stopped fighting my demons,now we agree ;)
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2011, 08:12:55 pm »
Me too!
Murphy- Are you always such a wise-ass?
Dresden- Nope, sometimes I sleep! :) ~ Dresden Files

I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome! ;D

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2011, 08:43:59 pm »
Sorry to break the "agree line"

I think he would be ok for a vampire. Aren't all vampires just a little weird as a husband? they won't be normal anyway.  :P  I think if he found the right girl, vampire or not, he would do just fine. but it might be better if he stuck to the vampire side of things. Then again, another human would help him keep his memories from his real life......then he would stay good and not turn into a marsillia...
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2011, 08:50:09 pm »
It's about expressing your opinion, not falling into line, kiddo. :)
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2011, 12:40:25 pm »
I just feel like I need to give Stephan a chance with love too. Just because he is a vampire doesn't mean there isn't anyone out there for him other than marsillia.  :)

Just please don't mistake me as a Twilight lover/ edward lover person.  ;D 9) I like vampires who die from the sun not sparkle like a care bear from it.  :-whistle :-whistle

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2011, 12:44:06 pm »
Oh, Stephan might have a long term relationship that would work, and he'd be very loyal there, as elsewhere.  Just not with a baseline human or Mercy.  He, like Sam, would need someone who it could be REALLY long term with, and who would have some chance of dealing with him on the supernatural level, if not physical strength; preferably both.

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2011, 12:49:09 pm »
That is true.  :)

And if he does have a relationship with a human and she dies, he would maybe go all skrewy. I, for one, do not want that to happen.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2011, 01:00:00 pm »
Considering how much the damage to his human food sources hurt him, what would happen if a human mate were killed is chilling indeed.  :X

ppbwashu

• Tinker
  • God, thank you for moving me to wine country!
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15:48 am »
If Stefan were to have a relationship, it would have to be someone who would be able to defend herself (along with the above).  Stefan will always have to deal with seethe politics, and it has already been demonstrated that Marsilia and the other vampires have no scruples regarding using people close to Stefan against him.
Find what you love and do it!

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »
*sigh.* I know...
I really dislike Marsillia.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2011, 09:49:26 am »
Yeah, but does anyone else get the impression that Marsilia used to be good? She just got twisted over time. Then again, if she was caught feeding on her masters mate(?) perhaps I'm wrong.

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2011, 04:20:25 pm »
Yeah, but does anyone else get the impression that Marsilia used to be good? She just got twisted over time. Then again, if she was caught feeding on her masters mate(?) perhaps I'm wrong.

Yeah I did too she just makes me mad at times.  ;D

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2015, 05:25:38 am »
I don't really like like Stefan...I understand where he is coming from and that he is one of the best vampires around in the mercyverse but that doesn't make him suitable for her or anyone else in my opinion...if he want love he need to find a really strong vampire for himself

I understand that vampires usually are so cool in the paranormal genre but in the world that Patricia Briggs have created I don't find them sexy or alluring at all...so I can't really relate with his fan base

For me he have done some pretty s***** things till now, that make him a sometimes good guy and that by itself is not enough, so from my point of view he is totally out of Adam's league if we compare the two of them...and that make him totally unsuitable for Mercy

his authorization to kill Andre's sheep was really like killing a baby at that point...it was a cruelty but probably the only one that I understand

some things that I haven't yet forgiven to him are:

- how he have used the life of a real child to coerce Mercy in forgiven him....crawling and asking for forgiven for a thousand years would have been preferable than use another defenseless and traumatized victim to make is bidding

- how he have treated his menagerie after Marsilia betrayal...this have made me rethink how much he truly care for the people in his care, and it seems that he doesn't care so much....It's not so understandable that because he was so depressed for the death of 4 of his people he chose to make the other ones die also
they were already so beat down that he should have put on stand by his personal pity fest and help them first

- he should have talk with Mercy as soon as he was sure the bond was still there...she had the right to know it and he should have been the one to tell her so (Adam is as guilty as Stefan but I think that Mercy will explain it to him sooner enough...he have been so not forgiven yet IMHO)

it can be that he try to be sincere with her all the time but to me at the end, after a big problem between them have been discovered, he seems to come to her only when he can be fast forgiven because there are more important things to do....kind of convenient for him but Mercy is always left without many option to unlashed her rage

not a very equal relationship in the making

and naturally there are also problems that have more to do about the kind of relationships this vampires have with their people

- Mercy doesn't love Stefan, and never was even inclined to think of him in a romantic way...she haven't ever give away that kind of vibe

- Mercy HATE the menagerie world because any person in it is actually a victim, sometime treated well enough but victims nevertheless (so much so that I can totally picture her help Stefan's sheep to escape the menagerie if she was living there)

- Mercy seems seriously afraid of the idea that Stefan can call her and that she could be at his disposition if he really try

- Stefan's will always be Marsilia's soldier

- Mercy doesn't do okay when she perceive herself like a victim and if she were to live closer in any kind of way to Stefan she would feel like that 24/7