Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 70684 times)

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2010, 05:42:16 pm »
That and in IK Mercy said that she could live if Sam left, but she doesn't feel that way about Adam
Howl more, whine less

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2010, 09:50:58 am »
So sweet! Must be :-LOVE

Chelle

• Tool Wrangler
    • Toffee Flavoured Treats
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »
To be honest I love them all but interest wise I'd have to pick Sam/Stefan for Mercy! Adam comes across a little boring to me.  :(

dee

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2011, 02:24:42 pm »
To be honest I love them all but interest wise I'd have to pick Sam/Stefan for Mercy! Adam comes across a little boring to me.  :(

me too..well not for mercy but my opinion. maybe because there is so much about them we don't know and they come of as mysterious ... but to me there isn't much about adam left, i feel his character has been exhausted somewhat

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2011, 02:31:09 pm »
Oh, man, I sure don't feel that way!  Face it, we still find Mercy fascinating, and Adam is twice her age, so he's got not merely double the years, but (let's face it, the first . . . 10?  15? years of most lives are not really fraught with adventure) about three times the adult years to have learned and had adventures.  We know very little about his military career, nor whether he was married before the unlamented Christy, nor about his years with her, except that there was one live child (Jesse) and several miscarriages.  Boring?  Hah!
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2011, 04:38:38 pm »
There are several things about Sam I'd like to know:
1)  When was he really born?
2)  What were the circumstances of his Change?
3)  When/where/how did Ari factor into his life?
4)  What was his life like as a werewolf in Europe, before Bran took his wolves to the New World?  What was his position, his circumstances?
5)  What experiences does he have with some of the other supernatural species?
6)  How does it work that he and Mercy are Pack, even though there was no ceremony?  How did that happen?  Why was he able to make that happen?  Does it have anything to do with him/his age/any special abilities he might have?  Or is it just something basic like time together and proximity and just a sort of deliberate "make-it-so" acceptance on the part of brother wolf?
7)  If Mercy is part of Adam's pack, and Sam is Pack with Mercy, then is Sam connected in some ways -- via pack bonds or whatever -- with Adam and Adam's Pack?
8)  If it has to do with proximity and some sort of metaphysical deliberateness on the part of the wolf, then do others in Bran's pack -- namely Bran, of course -- have the same connection to Mercy?  He has a connection to her now, of course, because she's Adam's, and Adam is Bran's, but before that pack bond was made, did Bran already have a connection with Mercy. (Which is more of a Bran question than a Sam one.  Sorry!)

There are several things about Adam I’d like to know:
1)  His origins.  Where was he born, raised, yada-yada?  What was his family situation?
2)  What was it like for him after he was Changed?  He was obviously wounded badly…but he also healed once he became a werewolf.  And yet he was still a soldier.  How much longer did he stay in the Army?  Was that hard for him?  When Mercy killed the first werewolf in Book One, Mac – who was a new wolf and without the benefit of an alpha – was attracted to the dead and bloody body and wanted to eat it.  And Adam was changed in the middle of a war – lots of bloody and dead bodies!  So what was it like for him?  Plus, assuming he COULD control his instinctive desire to eat the bloody and dead bodies – and create a few of his own! – how did he deal with the monthly changes?  How did he work that out without going AWOL?  And without others finding out?
3)  After the war was over and he made his way back to the US, was he a lone wolf for a while, until his natural dominance and "alpha-ness" started attracting other wolves to him?  Is that how he became Alpha in a professional, official sense?  Did he have to fight dominance battles – which are battles to the death often – in order to establish his position?  (And if he did, how did he clean up the messes he left behind?)  Or did Bran get some psychic vibe when Adam was changed that alerted him to the new addition, and also somehow alerted him to Adam’s dominance level, and so Bran deliberately sought him out and groomed him as an alpha?   Was Adam put in a Pack, and then he worked his way up?  (That doesn’t necessarily seem smart, because if dominance battles ARE to the death, then why would you put someone you immediately know is an Alpha into a position as a 4th or 3rd or 2nd?  Seems like if they’ve got that Alpha vibe – which seems to be some kind of mojo that the wolves immediately sense and identify – you’d pull them aside and immediately put them in the apex position, and then build the pack around them.  So if that’s how it happened for Adam, how long did it take for all that to happen?)
4)  Were there other serious relationships before Christy?
5)  When did he meet Christy?  Adam is about 65, and he met Christy at least 16 years ago, given the fact that Jesse is 15.  So he was 49 (and still looking like he was 25!).  That means he’d been a wolf for at most about 25 years before he met Christy.  Who came before?  And how old was she?  What were the circumstances of their meeting?  Did she know he was a werewolf?  How did that happen?  Christy seems like a spiteful type, so how was it that she kept the secret when she’s mated to a werewolf?  And not just any werewolf, but an Alpha, ‘cause I would imagine that if Adam had been a sub or some low-ranking wolf, it MIGHT have been easy to keep it a secret.  Not so much, though, when you’re the leader and your pack are constantly at your house, and calling you at all hours, and basically living in your pocket.
6)  What was their marriage like?  We really don’t know much about the emotional side of their relationship.  WHY did he marry her?  She was never his mate, so why did he marry her?  (Knowing Adam and his values, etc., I’m guessing that Christy got pregnant and that’s when and why he married her.  But knowing how few werewolf-sired pregnancies make it to full-term, did he wait until Jesse was born?  Did they have miscarriages BEFORE they got lucky with Jesse?)
7)  In Moon Called, Mercy tells us that when she was little, her foster father told her that the 4th Alpha in rank in the Americas was Adam of the Los Alamos pack.  (Doing the math, Adam achieved this rank within 14 years of being Changed.)  In Moon Called, of course, Adam is the Alpha of the Columbia Basin pack.  Why did Adam move?  Did Bran ask him to move?  What happens to the pack when the alpha decides to move hundreds of miles away.  Does his old number 2 ascend to the rank of new alpha of the old pack, and the wolves can decide if they want to move with the alpha or stay with their old pack in the old location?  So when Adam came to the Tri-Cities, did he have anyone with him?  Or was it rather that there was a badly disorganized pack and assorted lone-wolves in the Tri-Cities, and Bran just plunked him there to be in charge?
8)  How did Adam rationalize his house to his contractor?  (“I need a 2-story house with a huge basement, and in the basement I need several dorm-like rooms and a cell with bars.”)
9)  When did Adam really begin to start noticing Mercy and noticing that he was attracted to her and had feelings for her? 
10)  Where is Christy now?

Sam is very interesting, no question, but I think I'm more invested emotionally in Adam.    Plus, of course, I *heart* him.  :-LOVE
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2011, 05:40:15 pm »
I enjoy Samuel's character but I love Adam. All of the characters have layers but there's so much to Adam that I want to know I can't wait to find out history. Nifty! Love your post. You have some great questions there. I was really glad that Mercy chose Adam, they just strikes sparks off each other. Love it.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2011, 05:44:43 pm »
Yeah, maybe some of that Adam specific stuff can be copied into an Adam specific thread for us to guess at in addition to here?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2011, 06:04:47 pm »
I agree with those questions Nifty! I hope we learn more about Sam and Adam's past especially the latter - I don't think we have learned that much. I also hope we get some info about Stefan and his past - especially when he was in Italy and how he was turned.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:54 am »
I'm on board with any kind of Adam thread.  ;D
Hurog Means Dragon.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »
Nifty, those are great questions.  I love that post, you got me really thinking.  :)

I enjoy Samuel's character but I love Adam.

I laugh.  For me, it's exactly the opposite.  I completely  :-LOVE Sam, although I like Adam as a character very much.  ;D

I also hope we get some info about Stefan and his past - especially when he was in Italy and how he was turned.

I second that!  bOuNcY
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Rob

• lovebird
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2011, 05:24:24 pm »
funny...I actually dislike Sam (maybe even hate him).....like Stefan, but don't think he's right for Mercy....definitely like Adam for Mercy....
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2011, 05:35:49 pm »
They're all pretty neat, in their own ways.  But as you talk about it, I realize that I have reservations about both the older ones that I don't have about Adam.  The depths on them are just too deep and murky.  Potentially deadly in many unpleasant ways, however pleasant the surfaces.  Adam is (still; for now...) much more straightforward.

Mind you, if any one of them walked up to me with a marriage license application and a ring, I'd run like hell!

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2011, 05:40:38 pm »
Rob actively DISLIKES Sam?  Sacrilege!  *dies of shock*
Just because he's not right for Mercy doesn't mean we should have Sam love.  Just like we have Ben love. 

(OK Rob, you're entitled to your opinion, I guess...)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2011, 05:50:32 pm »
They're all pretty neat, in their own ways.  But as you talk about it, I realize that I have reservations about both the older ones that I don't have about Adam.  The depths on them are just too deep and murky.  Potentially deadly in many unpleasant ways, however pleasant the surfaces.  Adam is (still; for now...) much more straightforward.

Mind you, if any one of them walked up to me with a marriage license application and a ring, I'd run like hell!

;D - I wouldn't with the marriage and ring thing - not too sure about Stefan :D But ahem I am definitely will be up for Adam or Sam LOL
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D