Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 70683 times)

Sissy

• Tool Wrangler
  • Simply me
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 07:20:48 pm »
When I read a book, whether actual paper in hand book, or e-book, I always get a picture in my head, as well as the voices that go with it, and can 'hear' the characters. Yes, more than once I've looked over my shoulder for the white jacket men.  LOL

So, here are my thoughts about not only Adam, Stefan and Sam, but also about being a dominant and being an Alpha.

Mercy is with exactly who she should be with, Adam.  My reasoning is simple, Mercy needs a strong male for her (not just physically strong), whether she acknowledges it or not. With that strength and in that strength, Mercy will continue to grow and flourish, just as we have been watching her do.

Although I love him, Stefan, wouldn't be able to fully give Mercy what she needs. Even so, Mercy loves Stefan but she is not IN love with him. I do however think that to some degree Stefan is in love with Mercy, or at least as much as he is able to be. I have no doubt that he would give his life to protect her, as the saying goes.  I do hope that their friendship continues and that he is able to find someone (not Marsillia) to love him back in the way that he needs and deserves.

Sam, okay, remember, these are my thoughts.  LOL   Honestly, he comes off as a whiny, petulant child to me. I don't know why, but that is the picture that I have in my head every time that I see him and hear him. I swear I can see him sticking his lower lip out and pouting when he doesn't get his way.  Even though he is older than dirt, I still want to just shake him and say 'grow up'. 

And that leads me to my supposition on being dominant versus being Alpha.

All Alpha's are dominant, by nature. But not all dominant's are Alpha.

Which is as it should be. An Alpha, to me, not only has physical strength but internal (emotional and mental) strength to go with it. He has to, just the way it is. He does what needs to be done and isn't petty or vindictive, or petulant.  (Won't get into the Leo discussion here.)

I could go on, but think that is enough for now.

Again, just my thoughts...  :D

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:14 pm »
Sam, okay, remember, these are my thoughts.  LOL   Honestly, he comes off as a whiny, petulant child to me. I don't know why, but that is the picture that I have in my head every time that I see him and hear him. I swear I can see him sticking his lower lip out and pouting when he doesn't get his way.  Even though he is older than dirt, I still want to just shake him and say 'grow up'. 

:o SACRILEGE!  BLASPHEMY!  :o
Who could not love Sam? 
OK so maybe he gets a little childish and petulant in SB... I don't support suicide  in any case...
and he isn't perfect (I hate that he took advantage of Mercy's youthful infatuation to try to get her to have his children... but then, he would have taken care of her and I can kind of understand why he is so desperate to have a family - living children)
But, he has many good points. 

I know, I know, you're entitled to your opinion. 

And I do think that Adam is the best choice for Mercy.  Someone above pointed out that what Patty says in the book about Sam is that he would "wrap [Mercy] in cotton" to protect her, while Jesse points out that Adam told her sometimes the best way to protect someone is to basically teach them to stand on their own two feet. 

Sissy

• Tool Wrangler
  • Simply me
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2010, 05:54:38 am »
 LOL Yes, I know, it was blasphemy around here, but I cannot help the way I feel.  And no, that other thought is not an option.

Absolutely he has good points, that's not enough though, to my thinking.  ;)

I dunno, in my head, I see Adam as a full adult male, no question. Not only in physical appearance, but in his actions, etc. But for whatever reason, I somehow see Sam as young adult male. And his actions, to me, indicate no matter how old he actually is, he has a lot of growing up to do.

I know that may not make sense to others, but that is the way I see it. Just is.  8)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2010, 05:08:12 pm »
I dunno, in my head, I see Adam as a full adult male, no question. Not only in physical appearance, but in his actions, etc. But for whatever reason, I somehow see Sam as young adult male. And his actions, to me, indicate no matter how old he actually is, he has a lot of growing up to do.

Hmm, I sort of agree with you. But, instead of a young adult male I see Sam more as an older man who has seen to much and become disillusioned with the world and who he has become, so he is now going thorugh all the "teen angst" of figuring out who he is and what he wants from life. A second teenage stage, so to speak.

Which really makes near immortality a scary option! One teenage stage is bad enough but constantly reinventing yourself every few hundred years or so just wounds exhausting!  :D
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Sissy

• Tool Wrangler
  • Simply me
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2010, 05:12:36 pm »
 LOL  Okay, I'll go with ya on that analogy ArtAngel.  And yes, one teen angst per lifetime is plenty!!!  :X

dee

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 02:24:14 pm »
Hmm, I sort of agree with you. But, instead of a young adult male I see Sam more as an older man who has seen to much and become disillusioned with the world and who he has become, so he is now going thorugh all the "teen angst" of figuring out who he is and what he wants from life. A second teenage stage, so to speak.

Which really makes near immortality a scary option! One teenage stage is bad enough but constantly reinventing yourself every few hundred years or so just wounds exhausting!  :D

that's a really good point, i mean thinking of all the years he spent re-inventing himself and taking care of people and the people he lost, it does take a toll, and i think no matter how strong someone is after centuries you get fed up of things sort of recurring. i think the whole wanting mate with mercy when she was like 14? was weird but then i am looking at it through a modern view. he came from a time where it was normal, now it's pedophile territory, so i guess i can turn the other cheek on that one
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 02:30:07 pm by dee »

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2010, 03:51:54 pm »
It is kind of creepy though :X
Howl more, whine less

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:37 pm »
*strides in*

:-* :-LOVEAdam!! :-LOVE :-*

*strides out*

I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2010, 12:04:39 pm »
Okaaay? ???
Howl more, whine less

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2010, 03:33:38 pm »
That was Nifty's unique way of saying that she is 10,000% in favor of Adam, though I think she meant for herself and not for Mercy :P :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2010, 04:04:50 pm »
Thanks for the explanation. :D Adam is pretty awsome :-LOVE
Howl more, whine less

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 04:19:54 pm »
That was Nifty's unique way of saying that she is 10,000% in favor of Adam, though I think she meant for herself and not for Mercy :P :D

*muses thoughtfully*  10,000% is not enough, I don't think. 

Mine...all mine....   >D
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 04:22:30 pm »
Mercy might disagree with you  :-whistle

I think we need a thread sharing the Adam love, we already have one for Warren and Kyle.  :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2010, 04:33:31 pm »
If I knew how to make one, I would. I  :-LOVE Adam and have been cheering for him from the beginning O)
Howl more, whine less

Jabulani

• Mechanic
  • Life is waaayyy too short to be grumpy...
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2010, 09:59:23 am »
**possible spoilers if you havent read the first 4 books**

sam vs. adam

actually i feel like im going against the grain here but if it was only down to the two werewolves, i'd prolly have picked sam for mercy.  adam has some really good points in his favor, but i think the fact that sam and mercy love eachother, but aren't IN LOVE with eachother, would have made for a better match.  mercy is very independant.  yes, sam is protective over her, but he's more laid back than adam.  (prolly due to the fact that he doesnt have as many ppl that he has to watch over like adam *shrug*) it appears that he allows for mercy to be more independant with less worry on her part.  in my opinion this would lead to less stress on her part.  true they arent actually IN love with eachother, but they do love eachother on a certain lvl. 

Hah, I don't know your gender, but my girlfriends (purely platonic, I'm a men's man) all swear to heaven that they need to be IN LOVE with someone in addition to LOVING him (or her). And they're all rather mature women, mostly in their thirties.

I'd rather enjoy life...besides, it costs nothing to smile!!!