Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 70666 times)

jackie

• Mechanic
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 10:17:18 am »
Diana Gabaldone (Outlander series - possibly over 1 million words of story, most of it after the HEAs ) has said that the good part of the romance starts with what most romance writers call the end of the book.  I think she's right, and it appears the Briggs are on the same page. :D

dee

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 11:52:42 am »
the good part of the romance starts with what most romance writers call the end of the book.  I think she's right, and it appears the Briggs are on the same page. :D

i totally agree with that comment....most books end right when the the two people you wanted together finally do end up together and it leaves you wanting more which is annoying because you know that"s it..... >:(

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 12:41:45 pm »
Yep! I totally agree - I think its more interesting to see a couple together and working things out- and many popular series like the In Death books have a HEA and it still is fresh and exciting as the first book and thats over 30 books!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 12:42:50 pm »
Thanks, Mike. I agree 110% with the content in the spoiler. And I was pretty sure that's where things were going.  :-LOVE

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 09:22:52 am »
Diana Gabaldone (Outlander series - possibly over 1 million words of story, most of it after the HEAs ) has said that the good part of the romance starts with what most romance writers call the end of the book.  I think she's right, and it appears the Briggs are on the same page. :D

I agree, and I am looking forward to seeing Mercy and Adam's HEA.

Thanks, Mike. I agree 110% with the content in the spoiler. And I was pretty sure that's where things were going.  :-LOVE

It seems to me that in one of our dearly deaprted author chats, Patty had said that Mercy woudl make a choice and stick with it, that she wouldn't bounce around or change her mind.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 04:35:33 pm »
It seems to me that in one of our dearly deaprted author chats, Patty had said that Mercy woudl make a choice and stick with it, that she wouldn't bounce around or change her mind.

I remember it being said somewhere as well.  I've added this thread to the FAQ so that Mike's recent answer is there.

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 08:42:42 am »
I agree with and like what Mike said...

I think now that Mercy's made the choice, it will be nice to see her stick to it and watch her and Adam's relationship evolve. And I do believe that between Adam and Samuel, Adam is the man for Mercy. It was a tough choice but I agreed with all of Mercy's epiphanies in IK about the kind of men the two would be for her.

As for Stefan, for me personally, he breaks my heart even more than Samuel... And with each rereading, the feeling only grows. There is something to be said for unrequited feelings. I hope we find out more about what he feels for Mercy, how deep it runs. I think Mercy and Stefan would be star-crossed lovers. No matter what they felt, the relationship would be doomed.
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 11:09:02 am »
What I find sad about Stefan is that he has loved Marsilia for centuries and she new it and used it.  And now that he is finally thinking in terms of loving someone else, it is someone who can only love him as a friend.

I don't think Stefan was ever a serious contender as a life partner for Mercy. 

I also notice that Patty hasn't defined yet what a loving couple would look like in vampires.  There are ties between seethe mates and between masters and their followers, but life partners as we look for in romances, no.  Remember that all the vampires see Stefan's relationships and feelings for humans as abberrant.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2010, 02:40:22 pm »
You know how I see Stefan with Mercy and definitely Marsillia - its old fashioned courtly love. He did come from that era and I think he's more comfortable showing and expressing his love that way.
He definitely has unrequited love for Mercy but I think in a funny way is comfortable about it - if that makes sense?
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 08:54:41 am »
You know how I see Stefan with Mercy and definitely Marsillia - its old fashioned courtly love. He did come from that era and I think he's more comfortable showing and expressing his love that way.
He definitely has unrequited love for Mercy but I think in a funny way is comfortable about it - if that makes sense?

Aw, it is pretty courtly... And I hope he is comfortable with it, but it also comes across as he doesn't believe he is worthy of being loved back. Especially by Mercy.
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 11:13:08 am »
I think that is an element of that- makes me think he regrets becoming a vampire in a way but I think he knows deep down he doesn't stand a chance with getting Mercy's affections in this way too. But I think he has a similar relationship with Marsillia too although I suspect and sense it was more sexual in the past.

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 11:29:19 am »
Perhaps Mercy reminds him about a younger and not that corrupted version of Marsilia? Or the woman he would've wished her to become? I cannot believe that Stefan would've fallen in love with such a person. Marsilia must've been different in her younger days.

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2010, 11:05:44 am »
I agree, I think Stefan knows he doesn't have a chance with Mercy. I think he wouldn't allow it even if he thought he did.

And it would be interesting to learn more about Marsillia, past and present.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 12:01:48 pm »
Yes, Stefan's more likely to love Mercy from afar. But that being said, why did he kiss her in BB? Especially if her knows he doesn't have a chance.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 12:04:50 pm »
Please; that happens all the time, both in fiction and fact; a taste of the forbidden that the kisser can't resist.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.