Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 72772 times)

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 03:07:51 pm »
Mercy and Sam have realized they are pack-mates not mates, just like a brother sister thing.  They won't happen Adam is her mate they balance and support each other.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 03:10:09 pm »
I would love to see Mercy with Samuel but the fact that his love isn't as genuine as Adams throws me off.

Wow, I can your yelling all the way over here. Feel passionately about this, do you? :P
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

dee

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 02:11:47 pm »
i will have to say sam.....and bran ofcourse.....they both have this sense of humour i love.....both hve this mystery bout them......well bran anyway....sam is almost the perfect guy.. :-LOVE.....while bran is this powerful msterious guy with an interesting past..(wait they both have that)......plus he is this practical leader with a soft side...... :-LOVE

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 06:44:27 pm »
Adam and Mercy fit each other like gloves. Their part of each others personalities.

Unlike Sam and Mercy, Sam is more like the big brother or favorite cousin you like to spend time with and have around to back you up.

As for Bran, he is like everything rolled in one, Father,leader,mentor, and favorite Uncle.

I think Stefan has some one special among his blood donors that would agree to spend their life with him, but until he leaves Marsilia, he will always stay by her side. 

Josi

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2009, 12:04:05 pm »
I know this topis is a lil old but i'm new to this all and I couldnt resist.

Stefan vs. Wares
I think if stefan wasn't a vampir he and mercy would make a great pair.  He has a since of humor, trusts her, would get into trouble with her to do the right thing, and they both like to work on cars.  He wouldn't hold her back like Adam and Sam would.  He also likes her for her and not for what she can give him (babies). But I don't see Mercy living with Stefan and his "sheep". I also have a hard time seeing her being okay with him feeding on ppl.  Since he can't really un-do the vampire thing, friends it is.   :-whistle

Sam vs. Adam
Sam is sweet and likes to get into trouble with Mercy, which we get from the stories about her living in the Marrok Pack.  But, he just wants babies. :(

So out of the three I think Adam.  Adam loves her, she loves him, and if a relationship was easy it would be boring for everyone.   ;D

cccgq

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 10:00:23 pm »
Here's my two cents.

I think Adam is the right man for Mercy. He challenges her, and we know Mercy loves a challenge, but he also trusts her judgement.  Of all the three suitors, he is the only one who has truly wooed her. Sam basically just moved himself in despite what Mercy actually wanted, and I'll deal with my thoughts on Stefan in abit.

Sam is her big brother by choice end of story. Yes, he was her first love, but that relationship was...unfair.  Sam is a few hundred years older than Mercy and Sam the man wanted her basically as a brood mare.  It is harsh and he would have cared for her, but in the end he would have turned the Mercy we love into a housewife. Luckily for both of them Sam's wolf didn't want Mercy. We have seen with Bran and Leah and Adam and his first wife what happens when an Alpha wolf has a mate that both the man and the wolf do agree on.

I think Stefan is a wonderfully crafted character. As a guy, however, I really don't like the him. By that I mean if I was Mercy's friend I would stake him the first chance I got. In BC Adam and Sam allude to Stefan not being entirely truthful to Mercy about the power the blood bond gives him over her. We also only have his word that Blackwood broke the blood bond. The fact that Mercy still had Marsillia letter was convenient.

Stefan may care for Mercy, but he loves and has dedicated himself to Marsillia. I just get the sense that the vampires are playing a deeper game, and it is not to the benefit of anyone who is not a vampire. Stefan may be the best of what a vamp can be, but let's be honest that doesn't make him any where near good or sweet. Marcillia proved just how Maciavellian her schemes can be in BC and having the mate of the Alpha of the local werewolf pack, who also happens to be the Marroks chosen daughter, bonded to a vampire who has chosen to stay with her is a VERY big bargaining chip.

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:21 am »
I really like the development of the relationship between Mercy and Adam, I think that will be good for both of them for all the reasons that have been already mentioned here.
But I still like Sam, he is a great character and I wish him all the luck in this fictional world.
And Stephan is also very interesting, I would love to read a short story in his point-of-view some day, because I still cannot figure him out.

faeofwind

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 11:25:57 pm »
I'm also an Adam fan. I think he is best for Mercy, she to him amd that's how it should be.  :-LOVE Adam *squishes*

I have nothing against Sam. I like the character a lot and I feel the way it was worked out is perfect for him and Mercy.

Now Stefan. Love Stefan, very intriguing character. I love the interaction between him and Mercy. It has been mentioned multiple times that he loves Marsilia, but the books never define that love as romantic or otherwise, it is left to guessing. After series like Twilight (and even before) when vamps exploded into every genre, it's refreshing to see them in a different light. (I'm a big fan of how the seethe has been portrayed). I think Twilight readers (or readers of any similar series) will have trouble seeing Stefan as he is and will tend to glorify him according to those other books standards.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 10:33:30 am »
I think Twilight readers (or readers of any similar series) will have trouble seeing Stefan as he is and will tend to glorify him according to those other books standards.

I really agree with that statement, faeofwind. I like Stefan, but he still scares me, just a little.

booklover

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 07:58:50 pm »
I am kinda torn because,  I want to see the series end cause I want to know who ercy ends up with permanantly.  Then again I love reading the books and I hate to see it end ever.  All three seem like good canidates,  but her commiting to Adam this early in the series makes me wonder if that is going to last.  I am was kinda hoping for Sam but after reading Bone Crossed I am liking Stefan,  but I like Adam as well so it is a hard choice,  I like them all.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 10:43:19 pm »
I know people are worried about this, or I wouldn't say anything at all.   We've had several letters from people who don't want to read the next book, because they're just sure Patty will do something that ruins whatever "Happily Ever After" they favor.  What follows is a giant "Code Red" spoiler for the romance angle.  I'd only suggest reading if you're one of the people who REALLY worried about this issue.

Authors are usually just in the business of telling a grand whopper, but sometimes their personal beliefs also play a role.  Patty and I have long since decided that love is precious, and delicate, and far more rare than it should be.  Anyone with a lick of sense knows that when you find it, you hold on with both hands.  Mercy and Adam still have a few issues -- many of which get worked out it Silver Borne.  However, her choice is made, and she's not going to play games or second guess her decision.  The remainder of the series will feature Mercy and Adam as an increasingly tight-knit couple. Contrary to popular belief, it's entirely possible to write a fine book without having the heroine torn between conflicting suitors, or constantly picking silly fights.  Besides, in Mercy's world there's plenty of trouble to keep both she and Adam hopping!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:48:23 pm by Elle »
Where's my super-suit?

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 11:46:19 pm »
I wasn't really concerned about the issue, since I trust Patty .... I enjoyed every single book of hers thoroughly so far and I'm sure it will be that way with the books to come... :)
that being said.... I still read what you wrote in the spoiler tags, mike.... (because I'm damn nosy) and I say...

THANK YOU for the info :D

GW  WK  WH

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 05:39:40 am »
I really agree with the content of the spoiler. Thank you for the comment! :D

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2010, 07:14:36 am »
Like CheeseBK said I wasn't really worried cause I too trust Patty but I am nosy too so I read the spoiler. I so agree with everything said there. Thank you Mike for the info.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 07:15:44 am »
Mike, that was wonderfully put! :D