Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 70210 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 04:28:49 am »
I'm in Camp Adam.  (Ha!  Did I just sound like a Twilighter?)  I adore Adam because of the way he treats Mercy and trusts her.  He has so much respect for her brains, her competency, her independence.  Even as those things frustrate him because it would be EASIER for him if she just fell in line, I think he also really likes them.  (Like in Bone Crossed...that scene early in the book when Mercy realizes that she's been playing it wrong all these years, because Adam LIKES to have a strong woman stand up to him.)  And certainly those traits of Mercy's have come through and saved his bacon a time or two. 

For me, Patty hit the nail on the head in Iron Kissed when Mercy was explaining that Sam would have wrapped her in padding in order to protect her, and she would have let him because of how much she loved him.  Their relationship would have been unequal.  Adam, on the other hand, likes to give orders, but he also knows and values what Mercy brings to the table, so not only can they be equals, they can be partners.  The woman that I am, given my own personal life experiences, really appreciates that.

I still love Sam, of course.  Great guy!  I wanna cuddle him.  I can't wait to see what Patty has in store for him, and I hope there's some goodness and happiness in there in the end.   And I'm warming up to Stefan, although I NEVER considered him to be any kind of viable candidate for Mercy's heart.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 07:27:24 am »
Nifty you took the words out of my mouth with Adam. I'm totally an Adam fan. Nothing melts my heart more than a strong, tough, dominant man who can also be loving and caring. And as you said, the way he treats Mercy as a partner/equal and values her opinions are perfect to me. Also he got my total respect at the end of IK because when Ben talked to him he listened and took on board what was said. Showing that even though he is the alpha he still knows when to listen to good advice even from someone beneath him in the pack
For me Adam and Mercy are the perfect balance. Mercy can sometimes be chaotic and unpredictable where as Adam is disciplined and orderly. (I believe that sometimes opposites can attract).

That being said I do still love Sam and Stefan and like most people here, I want them to have their HEA.
Stefan is still a mystery to me but he must care for Mercy to have gone through what he did for her. I wish that we had more back story on him though. He's a fascinating character. It can't be easy for him to love and be loyal to his mistress and the seethe and yet still have feelings for Mercy. Even though both women hate each other.

And as for Sam, a sweet character and very lovable but not for Mercy. I think he needs someone who is tolerant and understanding of his extremely protective nature. Someone who would be lenient towards his protectiveness.   

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 01:20:46 pm »
Or some one who wants a big strong man to protect her.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 02:42:30 pm »
Also he got my total respect at the end of IK because when Ben talked to him he listened and took on board what was said. Showing that even though he is the alpha he still knows when to listen to good advice even from someone beneath him in the pack

Not only that, but when it was all over and Ben had said his piece, Adam not only was appreciative, but he also showed that he cared about BEN.  Even though Mercy was probably foremost in his concern at that moment, you could tell that Adam had a genuine interest in Ben's wellbeing as well. 

I like all three guys, honestly.  I love learning about them and seeing their backstories unfold.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Carlie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 04:53:10 pm »
That's what I love about the forum, different perspectives to one thing, Nifty and Midnight catch more than me about Adam, you are right about the equal terms between them and Adam apreciates Ben like me  ;). I guess that I just love so much Sam that I want him to be happy, the scene were Mercy says that Sam wants what Adam has, almost make me cry and Zeilith I do want a strong man to protect me  :P I just can't find him and Stefan is such a sweetheart that I want a happy ending for him too  9). But my heart is still on those two :-LOVE

mrsj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 08:48:03 pm »
I don't know why.. but I really like Stefan.
His feelings for Mercy was something that I can't even bring myself to describe but I thought something is there for the two of them..
I wonder if his feelings for Mercy will be elaborated in Book 5?

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 01:33:12 am »
Carlie thats what I love about this forum too. Its interesting to see different points of view.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 07:54:05 am »
I guess that I just love so much Sam that I want him to be happy, the scene were Mercy says that Sam wants what Adam has,

I thought this was insightful on Mercy's part.  Sam does love Mercy, just as she loves him.  There can be some lust tied up in those feelings of love, because that's just the way it was for the two of them for a long time.  But I don't believe Sam loves Mercy (or she him) the same way ADAM loves Mercy, and I think Mercy realized that.  I tend to think Sam looked at her and saw possibilities...not so much for THEM, but for HIM.  He does want what Adam has -- a family, a home, a place of his own, where he's charged with the protection of those who belong to him, who are part of him.  You're right...it was a sad scene...made me sad for Sam.

adchrist

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 03:35:40 pm »
I really like Adam too, but I want to know more about Stefan. He is cloaked in mystery, while Adam and Samuel aren't any more. They probably wont do anything unexpected at this point in the series, but Stefan is still slightly unknown.

thebeadedchihuahua

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 08:06:50 pm »
Adam is great, but I love Stefan. I could see Mercy with Stefan.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 08:16:17 pm »
I can't. Vampires creep her out. She likes stephan true, but that doesn't mean she knows just how little she knows about vampires.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 08:34:32 pm »
Yes; she is not forgiving him for the deaths, no matter it saved her.  And they just don't think enough alike for her to want him that way.  Friend, yes, lover/mate, no.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Carlie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 09:07:39 pm »
Yes; she is not forgiving him for the deaths, no matter it saved her.  And they just don't think enough alike for her to want him that way.  Friend, yes, lover/mate, no.

Actually she promised to forgive him if he saved Chad instead of her. And that for me was one more reason to love Stefan I woul be selfish in his place and save the one I love, but instead he listened to her and even when it was difficult to leave her behind, he didn't want her to hate him forever 9) He's cute, we need more Stefan.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 02:31:27 pm »
I think Stefan loves Mercy but also realizes that she would never feel that way for him.  I think Mercy has now forgiven him for killing the two innocents as far as she can and I think she loves him like a brother kind of love.  I think that's why she hates Marsilia for what she did to him let alone what she did to her.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Fairyland92

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 03:37:52 pm »
I would love to see Mercy with Samuel but the fact that his love isn't as genuine as Adams throws me off.
"You try to move trees when a wiser man would go around them."

I've been love struck by Charles. ♥.♥