Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 69142 times)

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:49:48 pm »
**possible spoilers if you havent read the first 4 books**

sam vs. adam

actually i feel like im going against the grain here but if it was only down to the two werewolves, i'd prolly have picked sam for mercy.  adam has some really good points in his favor, but i think the fact that sam and mercy love eachother, but aren't IN LOVE with eachother, would have made for a better match.  mercy is very independant.  yes, sam is protective over her, but he's more laid back than adam.  (prolly due to the fact that he doesnt have as many ppl that he has to watch over like adam *shrug*) it appears that he allows for mercy to be more independant with less worry on her part.  in my opinion this would lead to less stress on her part.  true they arent actually IN love with eachother, but they do love eachother on a certain lvl.  theyd both get something out of this relationship.  sam would get the girl that he thinks can give him children and mercy would get freedom.  she wouldnt have to worry as much about his image in front of the rest of the pack.  she wouldnt have to worry about living in a house with mulitple unexpected ppl dropping by. (considdering she thought about all the ppl that show up randomly at adams herself when she was thinking about moving in.) she'd have a live in doctor.  true he was making a pass for her when she was a little young, but he wasnt asking her to marry him that young.  just kinda laying the ground work.  also when he was born it wasnt uncommon to marry women quite a bit younger than you, and it's not like he can really help that werewolves tend to live a little longer than normal.  

adam vs. sam

on the other hand.  :P  adam and mercy are IN LOVE with eachother.  it's more likely that they would (for lack of a better expression) give more when it came to helping the other person if there was some kind of trouble.  also with the pack bond they are able to draw upon a resource she wouldnt have with sam.  she doesnt have to worry with him he's using her for anything. (like sam wanting her for the ablility to have kids)  she'd have a nice house, money, and a built in family (and extended family).  plus she probably would not have gotten through the rape, or any other equally tramatic experience, as well without adam. (or anyone that she was in love with / loved as much as they love eachother)

the werewolves vs. the vamp

however...  :D stefan loves her as well.  [we dont exactly know how much so, but we do know that he cared about her enough to extremely upset at marsilia for putting mercy in harms way.  to me this is saying quite a bit considering how much he cares for marsilia.  we also know that when he took mercy with him to visit littleton he was so upset about her getting hurt that he punched her dashboard.  and when she told him to get chad away from blackwood and not her he would only agree to it if he could make sure he was going to get her forgiveness for having the two ppl killed after she had killed andre.  so my brain registers it like this...]  stefan cares about mercy. (if not loves)  He would do everything in his power to keep her from being hurt, including putting himself in harms way multiple times. (for example atempting to rescue her from Blackwood and not telling marsilia about her being a walker)   he's not using her for anything. (like kids)  he would give her all the independance she needs.  he would do everything in his power to make sure she was safe and happy.  he has a good sense of humor.  he makes an effort to help her fix cars.  he has an amazing sense of loyalty and honor.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:52:26 pm by turtlezipp »

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:50:26 pm »
discussion plz, im curious about other peoples opinions.

~zipp

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 02:06:55 pm »
Actually, I see Samual as Passive-Possesive.

He isn't as obvious as Adam, but because you can't put your finger on it he is the one that it is harder to stop.

With Adam Mercy can say "Your controlling me when you..." With Samuel it's more like he takes away the options he doesn't want you to choose.

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »
actually thats a good thought.  i never looked at it quite like that before.  good point.  dunno but especially with that it seems to me that both the wolves want to control her at least some how.  stefan at least has never forbid her from doing anything or forced her to do anything.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:59:08 pm »
I could actually see Stefan being worse than the two wolves if he thought he had a chance with her. Mercy knows how to deal with wolves, she grew up with them, and while the Alpha-ness can get irritating, she understands it and knows how to work it to her advantage.

With vampires? Considering the whole vampire/walker enmity I can see her having to follow many moe rules. She doesn't have an instinctive understanding of how they operate and I can't see Stefan really telling her. Even though he has told her way more than Marsillia likes I seriously doubt she knows even a small percentage of what makes vampires tick. So with Stefan she would be in more danger and he woudl be more protective.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 05:37:07 am »
possibly.  but theres a difference in being protective and possesive.  i still feel that she'd be more free to be "mercy-like".  but you bring a valuable point, she doesnt know as much about how vampires tick.  also theres things that she doenst know about werewolves.  like in bone crossed when she reallized that she didnt know much about the mating ceremony or getting admitted to the pack.  also this would cause more problems for her because im pretty sure this might take her out from having pack protection even if she was raised with the marrok and his pack. 

i keep going back and forth on it.  but i do see stefan telling her everything she'd need to know.  part of what he cant share with her is because vampires dont share secrets well with ppl that arent vamps.  i think it'd be different if she was his "mate" (?).  and as much as he cares about marsilia he does sorta stand up to her for mercy already, and theyre just friends.  he is also the only person that we know of that would have a chance of stopping marsilia if he had to.  (hopefully in that alternate reality he wouldnt have to though  :) )

Fairyland92

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 10:54:20 am »
Well, for the first time I read Moon Called, Blood bound, and Iron Kissed, I was a Mercy and Sam fan.
But Now that I'm re-reading the series for the...third time, I really do think Sam is too possessive and It wouldn't work out. Mercy doesn't like taking orders from people nor is she dependent on people. Shes that kind of girl who does what ever the hell she wants. Sam would try to make her stay home from the Werewolf business and she would disobey on purpose. Haha.  :P

So I really do think Adam would be best for her. Especially since he wouldn't hold back on asking for her help if he knows shes needed.
"You try to move trees when a wiser man would go around them."

I've been love struck by Charles. ♥.♥

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 03:26:09 pm »
you know, saddly, i have to agree with you.  i reallize that for things to work correctly she's gonna have to end up with one of the werewolves but i really do think the mercy stefan couple would be "cute"  :-LOVE

barring that i liked sam, and wished those two wold have worked out.  but i have to accept it wouldnt  :-'

~zipp

P.S. stefan needs to get the hook up too!  :D

BlueMtn

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 04:36:24 pm »
I like Stephen, but only as  a good friend to Mercy.   He has his 'sheep' and his love and loyalty to Marlissa (?) first.  Though he respects Mercy, he really likes her blood even more.  Though I like vampire stories, not sure I like the concept truly in a reality kind of way of being someones snickers bar, and always worried in the back of mind that there could be an overindulgence one wouldn't recover from some day.  Like Sookie once said "McPeople",  hmmmm.   

Sam,  I like but he also makes me a little icky because of the whole I gotta have babies thing.   He is not cruel, but he hurt Mercy at a tender age, that is a hard thing to forget.   I still think he has some more redeeming time to go thru. 

Adam wants Mercy for herself, in spite of herself, so he gets my vote. :P

Carlie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 04:53:19 pm »
So, usually I'm the kind of person who gets annoy when people like the second guy better than the A guy, because lets face it: the A guy is always great, fantastic, romantic and whatever else you might add, and even when the second guy is also great, fantastic and romantic, well... he never rise to the A guy. But for some reason in this series I'm finding myself liking better, not only the B guy, but also the C guy. Adam was marvelous in Iron kissed but for him to be marvelous, he needed the help of Ben (who I love by the way, everytime he gets hurt I get really scare that patricia is going to kill him), so my question is: Am I crazy like those people who use to annoy me for not liking the A guy better than other characters? I so in love with Sam :-LOVE, I didn't approve of his reasons to choose Mercy :o but he's almost the perfect guy: Funny, clever, gentleman, protective, wants kids and a family, etc. he has to many traits to name, but he just melts me everytime I read about him :-[. Then we have the C guy: Stefan melts my heart :-LOVE, but he's just the kind of love that I would like to find, that man that is your friend first and is not looking to bed you the first time he meets you >:(, come on he's a vampire who has a van like the mistery machine and rides with a scooby doo stuff in his passenger sit 9), he would do anything for Mercy without asking for anything and return (those of you who are going to say "what about Blood bound?", well he didn't exactly have a choice, he needed her), he speaks sign languaje for crying out loud, like Mercy said: why would a vampire need to learn sign languaje? he wants her safe, he will stand against his seethe to keep her from harm, he doesn't share his feelings because he knows she loves somebody else :-', the only time he did so, was when he thought he was going to die for betraying his mistress in helping her, he didn't feed from her even when he was dying. Anyway you read the books, he's fantastic and I misssed him a lot in iron kissed. I know that neither Sam nor Stefan are going to get a chance in hell with Mercy :-' :( :-', but I prefer them to Adam, so all of you lovers of Adam, don't hate me, I was you before this series  ;) :P O)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 05:23:38 pm »
Hey, to each their own. My favorite is Adam, but that's just because I think he's what Mercy wants. Not so much what I'd choose for myself. Stefan and Samuel are both sweet characters, and I'd love them to get their HEA, but I wouldn't truely want to end up with either of them myself. :P To each their own.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 05:27:28 pm »
Samuel.  :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE

Mrs. Briggs said she loves him, too.  :P
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 10:06:53 pm »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 12:57:49 am »
I adore Sam and Stefan.....  :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE
Ben makes me want to kick him at times but then he does something like in IK and....  :-' it makes my heart hurt....

ps: Adam in IK was drowning in his own guilt for not protecting Mercy, so I can't hold that against him...
it's more like how he explained it in IK.... he was too troubled after his divorce and Mercy shied away... :-[

I def need to re-read BOne Cossed... I am just waiting for the paperback edition as I do not have the e-book in this laptop....

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 03:31:26 am »
Sam  :-LOVE

But I have to say that Adam is much better for Mercy.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden