Author Topic: adam vs. sam vs. stefan  (Read 72550 times)

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: adam vs. sam vs. stefan
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2011, 06:51:03 pm »
luv adam! :-LOVE :-LOVE bOuNcY O)
Howl more, whine less

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2011, 11:02:42 am »
He just mostly comes across, to me, as selfish and as moody as a teenage girl.  Don't get me wrong, at his core I think he's a good guy.....but he let his issues get the better of him (long before the series began) and he hasn't REALLY been considerate of others throughout the books.

You know, my fiancé says the same. He dislikes Sam, because he finds him to be too emotional and self-absorbed.
I can see, why he thinks that. It is mostly true, but I think Sam still has a very good side and moreover, a lot of good reasons to be like that, so I still love him. But yeah, I hope with his changed situation he'll be a little more upbeat and considerate in the next books.

The Stefan in RM surprised me a little, I must admit. I would've never thought him to get so depressed that he even neglects his sheep. But I loved to see that he established friendly bonds not just with Mercy, but also with members of the pack, like Warren or - most astonishing to me - Adam!
I like it that Patty found a way to let Mercy keep her relationships to all of the men in her life, regardless of former rivalry. It is kind of refreshing to not have big relationship drama all the time, like in other series.  :)

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »
Pfeffermintzee, I think I know what caused you to make comment about how nice it is to see an ADULT relationship.  ;D :-whistle

I was actually somewhat intrigued by BEN and Stefan being so friendly. Ben seems so standoffish to others, but he and Warren were the primary Stefan-meals. 

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2011, 12:17:34 pm »
Remember that Ben and Warren worked with Stefan in Blood Bound.  So it makes sense that they would be friends: A lot happened between them.  And Ben, despite his charming personality, seems willing to protect those he likes... like Adam, Mercy, and, apparently, Stefan... even at risk to himself.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:33 pm »
Excellent points, Kyria. I had actually forgotten that.  :-[

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2011, 02:45:29 pm »
I am sure you do, Kate.  LOL

@Kyria
I agree.^^ I also remember seeing hints of this 'friendship' throughout the whole series since BB. 
So, I bet it'll get more interesting with the vampires, Stefan and Mercy, now, that Coyote appeared. :D I am wondering where Stefan's loyalties would be, if the whole Mercy/Mistress situation would escalate...

ppbwashu

• Tinker
  • God, thank you for moving me to wine country!
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2011, 02:51:56 pm »
Pfefferminztee, I'm hoping Stefan's loyalties will be tested in the not so distant future!
Find what you love and do it!

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2011, 03:15:12 pm »
Coyote didn't seem like HE intended to push things in the immediate future.  That isn't to say that he won't eventually do so, nor that Marsilla wouldn't initiate something...
Will be interesting to see Stefan's response.  I can't see him rewarding Mercy's loyalty to him with a betrayal, but we know already that he won't actively work against his Mistress.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2011, 04:54:40 pm »
I see Adam's acceptance of Stefan as a sort of accepting the 'monster' that he is because he lives within at least "some" boundaries.  Also, if Adam condones or calls for destroying another monster race, where does that leave the weres which he also considers a monster race (as do the humans most likely)?  Yes, I know that the Vamps aren't 'out' yet, but really, can it be less than a matter of time?

So, since Stefan is pretty much the lesser of many evils, it's best to encourage his continued existence if only so there is some balance as well as some chance at least of having some sort of, if not an outright ally, at least an inside source of a little info.  Plus, he's a decent sort of person who enjoys movies that are so bad they're good.

Also, I really think that Marsillia has finally pushed his loyalties to the breaking point, or very soon will.  A person's word, perhaps especially an honorable person which Stefan at least once was by his own description, can only endure so much abuse.   Minor RM spoiler>Especially with that little additional vignette we saw in River Marked. 

bit bigger RM spoiler>Also, in response to Pfefferminztee's remark, elderly human people get depressed (which can sometimes lead to violent behavour) when their friends, relatives and acquaintances die while they live on, how much worse would it be when you lose people you care about, and do so because one of the few long term 'friends' betrays you?  It's hard enough after a typical human span of 80 or 90 years, I can't imagine after centuries.
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:52 pm »
I don't know.  I don't think Stefan will ever actively work against Marsillia, because it's HIS honor that's on the line if he betrays her, regardless of HER choice to betray him.  That is not to say that he would necessarily be active on her side of a conflict, but I don't see him working against her. 

But I could be wrong. 

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2011, 06:14:39 pm »
He refused to work against her erlier BC
Howl more, whine less

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2011, 06:42:54 pm »
I'm aware.  I still think something will happen that will force his hand and he'll soon be the Master of the Seethe.  It will cut down on his abilities to deal personally with the Pack... or it would if he runs it like a normal seethe.  The times they are a changing though aren't they?  Perhaps most of the rest of the Seethe will get wiped out somehow?  He'll be left in charge by default?  Then he'll be able to enforce better habits on whoever is left? 
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2011, 03:36:17 am »
I can't see Stefan wanting that much responsibility. Weren't he and Marsilia lovers at one point? She might not love him but he still loves her to some degree, it'd have to be a major incident for Stefan to act against her. And if his torture and the death of his sheep didn't work, what's going to?

Janilee

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2011, 03:37:51 am »
She could get invited back to Milan and Stefan could be left with who stays behind.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2011, 07:50:43 am »
Why would that happen, though?
And - a fair number of the senior members of the seethe aren't Marsilia's choices/making so would they stay?  Would different, possibly more powerful ones be assigned "gifted" to him?  Ones whose powers (like his transporter effect) he doesn't know?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.