Author Topic: Werewolves and Children (General Theory Discussion)  (Read 121663 times)

dee

• Grease Monkey
Re: Werewolves and Children (General Theory Discussion)
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 03:00:16 am »
i thought that was referring to when a werewolf is losing control and are suicidal....that they eventually turn into a ravenous beast then at some point drop dead....

Lissa

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 03:45:35 am »
Allright lets throw this one out there :) lets say that the women gets pregnant while wolf, doesnt change till she gives birth then changes to human. What would the end result be? And lets throw in there that the female werewolf has some bottled milk she can feed to the baby wolf if it doesnt turn to a baby baby. I remember in the Mercy thompson series that mercys mum found a coyote pup where her 3 month old daughter was suppose to be. Would that be just a skin walker thing and it was instinctual to mercy? Or could it happen to a baby werewolf?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 04:07:47 am »
In Blood Bound - there was worries about Ben who remained in wolf form. He would have died if he didn't change so for a werewolf if they remain in either form for long must weaken them.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

lostbird

• Mechanic
  • (sigh....)
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 04:09:44 am »
@Lissa, changing into a pup in the crib is specific to Mercy as a coyote walker--it has nothing to do with werewolves. Coyote walkers are not were-creatures. Mercy says as much within the first few paragraphs of chapter 1 in Moon Called.

With regard to the pregnancy, hmmm, recall working again, I'm pretty sure that although wolves can mate in wolf form, they do so in human form almost exclusively. More enjoyable is I think how one of the characters explained it. But the point is this: werewolves MUST change at least once a month. So even if a female became pregnant in human form the day after her monthly wolf change, and she stayed in human form for the next 28-31 days, she might actually be able to manage one change without hurting the fetus. But by the 3rd month, a change to wolf would result in a miscarriage.

This is how I interpret the whole thing ...  9)

Victorymon

• Pack Member
  • It wasnt me this time... I swear!
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 04:10:59 am »
good question... but it gaves me another question: when does the changing start? from what I get Sams and Charles mother was human (thanks to magic)... so does the change start after birth?

another thing (I cant stop myself thinking about it) again is a surrogate mother.
A male werewolf can have childs with a human (the child is not a werewolf, like Adams daughter)
a female werewolf can be pregnant but she will loose the child
...a fertilized egg in a human body (thanks to the modern medicine) could be possible...
(sorry for bringing this up again)
and if that "would" work... when will the child change? will it change at all? or is it "just" a human?

such an easy idea, so much to talk about
Hey everyone, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 09:46:17 am »
And here's another complication to throw into the mix for you.
Only some of the babies would be were, some would be completely human, like Jesse, and if a werewolf went to the trouble (assuming she stayed humanly sane) of staying wolf for even 8 months (an 8 month baby is reasonably healthy, and it would cut the stress on the woman) and gave birth, it could turn out that the child was completely human, and would die in under 100 years any way.  It would still allow her to give birth, but it would not guarantee a werewolf child.

Also, while it is not explicitly said that I recall, I presume that Charles changed with the full moon from the day he was born.

Oh, and with regard to a werewolf baby not changing from wolf to human, and what to do about feeding it, even if (like Charles) it's a dominant personality, it's still a BABY, an adult dominant werewolf can force him or her to change, so the mother can feed it comfortably. 

This makes me wonder (and I'll put it in the right thread) if there are submissive - not less dominant, but truly submissive - female werewolves.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

dee

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 09:52:59 am »
good question... but it gaves me another question: when does the changing start? from what I get Sams and Charles mother was human (thanks to magic)... so does the change start after birth?

another thing (I cant stop myself thinking about it) again is a surrogate mother.
A male werewolf can have childs with a human (the child is not a werewolf, like Adams daughter)
...a fertilized egg in a human body (thanks to the modern medicine) could be possible...
and if that "would" work... when will the child change? will it change at all? or is it "just" a human?

sam and charles have different mothers....sam was born from a human mother and later turned into a wolf, chalres's mom was a werewolf when she had him

also in the books both sam's ex's and adam's ex miscarried numerous times and when they both did have children they ended up being human...i think the problem is more than the females change...i think IMO the problem also lies with the baby itself...unless magic is included i think it's near impossible for a werewolf to be born (in this series). other wolves from other countries aren't talked about much but from the looks of things charles is the only born werewolf around and look what it cost for his birth....

but got me thinking fae's have really weird and powerful magic that do stuff unimaginable (bringing someone back from the dead :o)maybe arianna will be able to find a way to carry another werewolf to term since she won't have to worry about changes....or just give birth to a half human half fae baby.....(fingers crossed for half fae/half werewolf , imagina a child that can track with scent and ties...he/she'll be the ultimate tracking wolf)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:58:05 am by dee »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 10:12:17 am »
Here is another thing to throw in here - what if a female werewolf mated with a male Walker like canine shape - would their baby shift in the womb? That idea cropped up in my head the other day - would make things interesting in a lot of ways especially since how possessive male werewolves are towards female ones.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Victorymon

• Pack Member
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2010, 11:04:34 am »

sam and charles have different mothers....sam was born from a human mother and later turned into a wolf, chalres's mom was a werewolf when she had him

also in the books both sam's ex's and adam's ex miscarried numerous times and when they both did have children they ended up being human...i think the problem is more than the females change...i think IMO the problem also lies with the baby itself...unless magic is included i think it's near impossible for a werewolf to be born (in this series). other wolves from other countries aren't talked about much but from the looks of things charles is the only born werewolf around and look what it cost for his birth....

but got me thinking fae's have really weird and powerful magic that do stuff unimaginable (bringing someone back from the dead :o)maybe arianna will be able to find a way to carry another werewolf to term since she won't have to worry about changes....or just give birth to a half human half fae baby.....(fingers crossed for half fae/half werewolf , imagina a child that can track with scent and ties...he/she'll be the ultimate tracking wolf)
wait... Sam and Charles have different mothers? In my (german) book they are called as brothers. Twins...
or maybe thats a bad translation... again  >:(

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 11:18:44 am »
Very bad translation, come on, remember the story line; Bran & Samuel were basically changed at the same time, over 1,000 years ago; Charles was born to Blue Jay Woman roughly 2 centuries (200 years) ago.  They are half brothers.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Victorymon

• Pack Member
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2010, 11:25:29 am »
ok. bad translation. real bad translation.

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »
Here is another thing to throw in here - what if a female werewolf mated with a male Walker like canine shape - would their baby shift in the womb? That idea cropped up in my head the other day - would make things interesting in a lot of ways especially since how possessive male werewolves are towards female ones.

Oh, that would be a fun storyline in so many ways... O) >D
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010, 11:36:07 am »
There arn't that many walkers though...
Howl more, whine less

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2010, 02:34:42 pm »
Ah but we don't know that for sure LGW.  They just aren't publicizing their whereabouts.  I like that female werewolf mating with a walker theory. Could be some hope for baby weres.  ;D

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2010, 04:44:39 pm »
The female werewolf would still probably lose the baby, because they lose all babies, werewolf or human.  With the exception of Charles' mother, who ended up dying as a result.  I'd still like to see a female werewolf mated to a male walker, just to see the chaos that would likely cause in whatever pack she's in.
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone