Author Topic: Werewolves and Children (General Theory Discussion)  (Read 121670 times)

katla-frej

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Werewolves and Children (General Theory Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 10:57:03 pm »
maybe we have been going at it wrong and the real problem isn't the child surviving the mothers change but it's own? if the child is a born wereeolf it would have to change in the womb as well reight maybe the what saved Charles was that his mother was able to keep both herself and him from changing it would explain why all werewolf children have to be 100% human

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 08:58:08 pm »
It could be both, which would explain why miscarriages are common among human wives of werewolves.

ironkitten

• Mechanic
  • it all started with chocolate! - Mercy
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 05:14:06 pm »
In A&O, Charles says that women miscarry in the 3rd or 4th month, which is plenty of time to realize that you're pregnant.

In MC, page 97, it's said "Werewolf women miscarry at the first full moon".  So it looks as though there's a bit of a discrepancy between MC and A&O?
Ok, I think that MC is more accurate, because Samuel I think is better versed thatn Charles in the medical. As for Charles his mother used magic to stay human and therefore allowed him to be born. Mercy can stay human and carry to term. I like the idea of fae magic in the fray. But could you see Charles, Anna, Adam and Mercy going to Samuel as the resident medical master for the were's - Hey I'm pregnant, what now??? I think of all the weres that Samuel has researched it to the ends of the earth, is the impression I have. I think since Samuels kids mostly died from the plague and what not that is not the issue anymore. I think it really is the violence of the changes, reaading just the Mercy novels you think well maybe - if they held either shape, but the get more dscriptinve of those changes in A&O with Charles if everything is rearranging then I can't see how the fetus would survive a change. On the flip side Mercy's change involves a magic somewhere of the walkers so I don't think the change applies, thus Sam's interest. Although we have seen stories where Vamps and Weres get together. Alos in everything any of the other authors do for mixed breeds seem to involve magic. Jeez Sam an obgyn that would be funny though.
The other subjects though poses an interesting question attacked in your 8 or 9th month what would happen? That would be interesting.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:40:06 pm by ironkitten »
Qualified hairdresser now - watch out here I come and I have scissors & hair dye!

Victorymon

• Pack Member
  • It wasnt me this time... I swear!
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 06:35:58 am »
I just started to read the "so you are a werewolf now" book (dont know the english name) and even there they say that female werewolves cant have children. they die at the first full moon because of the change

but with modern science its possible. take something from the father and the mother, mix it together and get yourself a woman who will try it for you. and this should work...

I´m not done with the whole book but the idea is interesting
Hey everyone, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 03:45:13 pm »
I can't believe none of us thought of that! :o
Howl more, whine less

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 08:02:17 pm »
Surrogate mother I believe has been addressed before on the thread... hasn't it?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 08:06:52 pm »
If it hasn't in this thread, it has been elsewhere. I remember it too.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »
It has yes, in a couple different threads I believe.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Lissa

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2010, 01:52:45 am »
Is it possible for werewolves to be able to stay in there wolf form for long periods of time. Because i was reading the alpha and omega series when charles tells anna she'll never have kids cause the change is to hard on the fetus. What if the females get pregnant, change and not change back till they have the baby? Could that work or would it make other problems?

lostbird

• Mechanic
  • (sigh....)
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2010, 03:57:26 am »
I seem to remember (maybe in MC?) Bran remarking that at one point when Sam was pining for Mercy, Sam changed to wolf and stayed wolf for at least a year. Maybe someone can verify that I'm not imagining this. Anyway, I think perhaps the only danger would be that the were could "lose himself" in his wolf, you know, like going native or something.

Not enough information to speculate whether doing something like this would help females carry a fetus to term.

bj

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:03 am »
They can stay wolf for as long as they want... But at some point, they lose their human selves to their wolf selves. The longer they're wolf - the more wolfy they become. They can forget how to change back, or lose the desire to ever become human again.

About pregnancy, as soon as the female found out she was pregnant - in human form - if she shifted to wolf, the fetus would probably be lost. So I don't think staying wolf would help. Charles' mom stayed human to avoid even one change to wolf and fighting the natural change weakened and killed her...

So staying in either form for a werewolf is detrimental.
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2010, 06:53:55 am »
They can stay wolf for as long as they want... But at some point, they lose their human selves to their wolf selves. The longer they're wolf - the more wolfy they become. They can forget how to change back, or lose the desire to ever become human again.

Do you have any passages from the book that will back that up? Because that was my impression too, but I don't remember ever actually reading it.

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2010, 09:42:33 am »
It's in Silver Borne... I believe it's something Bran or Adam says to Mercy... I'll see if I can find it.
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:25 pm »
I believe you are referring to Mercy's conversation with Charles..

He'll grow tired and more hungry than usual.  He'll slowly lose the chains that Samuel forged to control him, but all that will be left is a ravenous beast.  A new wolf, a whole wolf in charge, kills easily and often, but usually there is a reason for it, even if that reason is that he doesn't like the way his victim smell. SB-140

There is a bit more to it, but that is the main section.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2010, 02:29:09 pm »
Thank you. I thought that was simply refering to which was in control, not which form they were using.