Author Topic: Eileen Wilks  (Read 63322 times)

Kmarie

• Tool Wrangler
Eileen Wilks
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:23:48 pm »
I came across Eileen Wilks through Amazon.  I was looking for other authors to read and her name came up in someones list of favorite books.

All I can say is I started the book yesterday and stayed up until 7am this morning to finish it!

The first full length book in the Lily Yu and Rule Turner series is Tempting Danger. Plot: Take one dedicated homicide cop, add a brutal killing, mix in a werewolf prince, stir with a powerful magical artifact, and bake at high heat. The results are explosive. ( From her website)

Be prepared for a wonderful ride through Werewolf life and criminal intrigue.  For me, the read was flawless, I enjoyed every word and am looking forward to the next book in the series Mortal Danger.

Eileen Wilks is also one of the authors in On The Prowl.

"A happy life is one which is in accordance with its own nature." -
  --  Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Eileen Wilks
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 04:47:48 pm »
I was at the bookstore today and saw this book so I snagged it. I probably won't get to it until the next few days or so but it did look good. :) Thanks for the rec, Kmarie.
Hurog Means Dragon.

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:37:41 pm »
Oh I like that series.  The next book, Dream Chaser, comes out in Feb  ;D
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

deva

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 02:39:21 pm »
I saw this book yesterday while out at the bookstore.  I wasn't going to buy it, but I figured "eh, what's one more book?"  So I have it, though probably won't get a chance to read it for another week or so (it is around number 6 on the TBR list right now).  I am glad somebody likes it, now I know I will have to make time to read it.

Kmarie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 08:34:31 am »
I'm glad others are finding Eileen, I love the way she writes.  I just finished Mortal Danger the other day, another all day read!  This one was just as good as the 1st one and there are even Dragons in it!  Heart be still  :o   I'll be reading the next book in the series Blood Lines as soon as I can get it from the Library.
"A happy life is one which is in accordance with its own nature." -
  --  Lucius Annaeus Seneca

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 09:00:09 pm »
Here's the books of her series:

World of the Lupi
Lupi Books
1: Tempting Danger - October 5th, 2004
2: Mortal Danger - November 1st, 2005
3: Blood Lines - January 2007
4: Night Season - March 2008
Lupi Novellas
1: Lover Beware "Only Human" - July 2003
2: Cravings "Originally Human" - July 2004
3: On the Prowl "Inhuman" - August 2007

That's from her site, however I have Night Season (book 4) on Pre-Order dated to ship in Jan 2008

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 01:19:58 pm »
I have Night Season- I cant wait to get stuck in, but I have to finish the book that I am reading at the moment.  I should also start reading Kitty Takes a Holiday so I can read the latest one. My TBR pile is scaring me at the moment. :P
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 03:31:23 pm »
Ooooooo, Has you'll have to let me know how it is! This couple is by far my favorite in the series.  ;)
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 08:02:28 am »
Ooooooo, Has you'll have to let me know how it is! This couple is by far my favorite in the series.  ;)

Really? I had put off buying this book b/c I bought so many recently ... I may have to break down and get it if they're your favorite couple. I really loved Lily and Rule ...
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:08:09 am »

Really? I had put off buying this book b/c I bought so many recently ... I may have to break down and get it if they're your favorite couple. I really loved Lily and Rule ...

Yes, I really like Cynna. She's very cool and Cullen is a babia majora. Can't wait to see how it turns out. She's to be the new medicine woman thingie for Rule's pack. Very cool.  ;D
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 12:07:36 pm »
I am a Lily and Rule fan although I like Cynna and Cullen- But I thought I would let everyone know that the next book is going to feature Lilly and Rule as the main couple - so YAY
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 11:31:52 am »
I'm enjoying Night Season :)  I'm almost finished - almost

mtomni

• Mechanic
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:05 am »
I got both Night Season and Iron Kissed the same day.  I have to admit that I read Night Season first.  I really like Eileen Wilks' series a lot!  I thoroughly enjoyed Cynna and Cullen's story.

As much as I enjoyed Iron Kissed, I have to admit I'm looking forward to reading Anna and Charles story.  Sounds like fun.

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 04:54:31 am »
I have had both the lupi series and the zodiac series on my wish list for a while but couldn't figure out with to get first, after reading this, I think I go ahead and order the lupi. u guys make it sound really good.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 11:42:59 am »
I have had both the lupi series and the zodiac series on my wish list for a while but couldn't figure out with to get first, after reading this, I think I go ahead and order the lupi. u guys make it sound really good.

Good choice. I like the lupi books much more than the zodiac series. Both are good, but I think the lupi books have fewer flaws. I like how Wilks takes characters you're not sure you'll like ... and makes you like them. I really wanted more Lily and Rule books, but the Cullen and Cynna books are also very good - much more so than I anticipated. Plus, Wilks does a really good job at world-building.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)