Author Topic: [A&O #2] Hunting Ground Discussion  (Read 95480 times)

WinterWolf915

• Grease Monkey
Re: Hunting Ground Discussion
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2010, 01:04:06 pm »
Cry Wolf was the First of hers i read as well, but have not had the chance to meet Mercy. Hunting Ground definitely left me wanting more, aka, staring at the last page wondering if it was trully the last page and if not where were the others hiding? I think I went through it a couple times before it was lost in the host(also awesome book) of others books I have, Amazing read, waiting anxiously for more ;)

jdarbs

« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2010, 07:04:20 pm »
Just reread this today. So much love all over again. Such a wonderful book the second time over again. I appreciate Anna and Charles' relationship so much more after reading this book again.

TechWolf

« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:21 am »
I’m still reading my copy (a little more than halfway through), but it’s definitely getting good. One thing I like about Patricia’s books is that they make references to things in real life.

In this book, it mentions that Anna was watching South Park on TV, and it even mentions which episode she was watching. I really love when she does that in her books, making references to things in real life. :D

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2010, 05:56:11 am »
That and the part where they both love each other, but are unsure about themselves.  :( But the insecurities make the book more believable. :P
Howl more, whine less

Ganne

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2010, 09:19:41 am »
So, has this been discussed elsewhere and I've missed it?  (I don't read forums that regularly).... but no one seems to have speculated about whether Charles is now alpha of the British wolves since Charles killed Arthur (the alpha of all packs in Britain).  Somehow I think this issue will need to be dealt with in future books, particularly since I cant see him wanting that role.

Ganne

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2010, 09:24:35 am »
Oh.  My.  Gosh... that's true, isn't it?  LOL
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2010, 09:54:47 am »
It's doutful, Ganne. Since the Mercy books are in the same world, but ahead a few months/years and there has been no mention of Charles taking that role.
Howl more, whine less

Minilie

• Tool Wrangler
Hunting ground thoughts; Charles and the Finns
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2011, 04:34:40 pm »
hey!
its just a thing thats buggs me a little bit. I was reading Hunting ground and in one chapter Charles is talking to some wolfs from Finland but they don't know english (or dont whant to talk it) so they talk to a Norwigan wolf that know finnish and spanish that then talk to a spanish wolf that talk English to Charles. Its just weird in my eyes as a Swed, cuz in the Nordic countries we talk and understand English really good and why go to America and this big meeting and not speak English? and it feels weird that someone that knows two extra languages as Finnish and Spanish don't know english, cuz that the language thats first learned in school as a new language. And in the North we are always in contact with English in some way.

well I can go on about this, haha...so I stopp here. are there more then me that thought about that? or just me?

-Mini

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
Re: Hunting ground thoughts; Charles and the Finns
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2011, 04:39:20 pm »
We're pretty sure that it was a negotiating tactic, Minile.  It gave everyone time to think, look at each other's body language (important to werewolves) and read each others' scents.

MrsPearce84

• Grease Monkey
  • Werewolf Politics
Re: [A&O #2] Hunting Ground Discussion
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2012, 01:41:05 am »
Ok I know this thread has been dormant for a while.....

But having read through the books AGAIN  :P It seems to me that the general belief is that Sunny was killed on Arthur's orders. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I thought it was an act carried out by the vampires alone. It was an "eye for an eye" type scenario.

quote: "My employer failed me - and so I no longer have to follow his so-explicit instructions. My friends are sad, and a little play will make them feel so much better." HG pg 170.

I get this to mean Arthur had specifically said Sunny was "off limits" but the vampires lost one of there own in the fight with Anna, Moira & Tom, thereby Arthur would lose "one of his".
“One more rabbit comment, and you’ll regret it.” :D

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2012, 02:22:27 am »
As I read it, I thought that Arthur had ordered her killed but killed quickly with no pain and because he failed them, they made her suffer before they killed her.  He intended her to die then so that he wouldn't have to live with the pain of watching her die slowly to old age.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2012, 04:42:41 am »
I read it more like you catchmeifyoucan, he had ordered her killed quickly and painlessly to avoid the pain of her growing old, but also in order to replace her with Anna, as he believed she was Guinevere to his Arthur.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2012, 06:51:15 am »
Also my impression was that Arthur had ordered her 'mercy killing' to be a multiple use happening, but quick and painless.  Then when Anna, Moira, and Tom inflicted such losses on them, the vampire 'hit squad' decided to play with Sunny to make up for losing their previous fight and the destruction of whatever number of their group.

MrsPearce84

• Grease Monkey
  • Werewolf Politics
« Reply #238 on: April 08, 2012, 02:56:02 am »
 :o that does make more sense  :P  my husband had the same thoughts as you all  :-LOVE

Maybe it's my not wanting to think of it that way  :-' a man having his love killed just to replace her (even if it does happen)
“One more rabbit comment, and you’ll regret it.” :D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:42 am »
So, has this been discussed elsewhere and I've missed it?  (I don't read forums that regularly).... but no one seems to have speculated about whether Charles is now alpha of the British wolves since Charles killed Arthur (the alpha of all packs in Britain).  Somehow I think this issue will need to be dealt with in future books, particularly since I cant see him wanting that role.

Ganne

Going back to this, and the lack of any indication in "Fair Game" that Charles is the Master of the Isles, the "British Marrok"; I'd say that it was not considered a dominance fight, but a different matter altogether.

We haven't seen, but my impression is that the British didn't really feel the need to have an "uber Alpha" or "Marrok", so they may not have bothered to reinstate the position and fill it.

What do you lot think?