Author Topic: [A&O #2] Hunting Ground Discussion  (Read 93187 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Hunting Ground Discussion
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2009, 05:58:56 pm »
Gloves, clothes, upholstery, paneling, aluminum, fiberglass.  Or one of the iron handlers.

Remember the SERRAted edge books by Mercedes Lackey.  They worked on lots of aluminum in cars so fae could handle them.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2009, 06:04:20 pm »
One thing she didn't mention, even in downtown where most of the action happens, there are plenty of fallen leaves on the ground, and running in that is slithery.  There could have been more of that in there, with the running here & there, a bit of slither on decaying leaves.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:07:28 pm by Elle »

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2009, 06:27:36 pm »
Didn't the book events occur in December? Shouldn't all the leaves be gone by then? ???

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2009, 06:37:57 pm »
Not while I've lived here.

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2009, 06:39:06 pm »
Huh, you learn something new every day. I had trouble picturing leaves, cause in Calgary in December, everything is brown or white. Either were buried in snow or the grass is dead with no leaves.

Okay, back on topic...

Seattle doesn't get snow in December?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

caerali

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:15 am »
It was a Porshe, which are still made of steel.  He mentioned something about many layers of paint.  I'd have to find the page reference -- but we're derailed from HG :)

Talisman Maker

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2009, 05:06:37 am »
sorry, as one who lives on the other side of the continent, I have no idea what Seattle is like.  I just assumed that she was in a houseboat on the sound, which would be salt water. 

I still stand by my thought that if I was a very powerful water fae, the last place I would live would be next to a salt water ocean.  I would choose one of the great lakes, or a reservour, or some other large body of fresh water.  meh.  It's Patty's character, she can live wherever she wants...it just struck me funny is all.
Negativity is not healthy.  Eat some Phish Food and smile!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2009, 06:35:47 am »
Seattle has a rough - very rough - hourglass shape.  Puget Sound salt water on the right (west), Lake Union through roughly the middle, and Lake Washington bordering the entire eastern side.

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2009, 09:27:37 am »
Well, was he wearing that same jacket he gave them at the end? If he had that, and pants between his bum and the bridge maybe it wouldn't affect him? Is it direct contact with iron that hurts fae or just proximity?

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2009, 09:37:30 am »
Yes they were told someone would pick them up....but they were never told WHEN :-LOVE! lol  looks like another story to me!  lol

Yes - me likes that idea!

I had a thought that - if this were the case - that it would be the perfect time to introduce the two storylines some, since Mercy does know her history :) But then I remembered that Patty said she would keep the two series separate? No Mercy/Anna crossover. Did I make that up?
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Talisman Maker

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:22 am »
I don't think she's planning it.  Since they are actually about 6 months to a year off, it would be really hard to meet up the way she has it right now.  I would love to see Anna through Mercy's eyes tho.  And vice versa. 
Negativity is not healthy.  Eat some Phish Food and smile!

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2009, 11:12:17 am »
I just went through Anna's meeting with the Italian Omega, did anybody else wonder if his backstory is meant to remind of the Ötzi affair?

In case you don' know what I'm talking about (not sure how much of that is known outside of Europe):
Ötzi is a mumified body they found in the Alps in a border region and Austria and Italy had a quarrel over possession rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96tzi_the_Iceman

“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Janilee

« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2009, 11:16:50 am »
I had the same thought when reading that scene at 3 a.m. today. LOL

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2009, 11:46:39 am »
 LOL

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2009, 03:08:36 pm »
So, how rare are Omegas? Are there only two in the entire world at this point? Ric and Anna?