Author Topic: [A&O #2] Hunting Ground Discussion  (Read 93158 times)

Linnea

• Grease Monkey
Re: Hunting Ground Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 12:40:22 am »
Oops!   :-[  And here I thought the stores were just being horribly negligent (sp?) in failing to stock the book!  Oh well, if anyone is in the area of Elyria, OH, they're on the shelf in Borders at the mall.  I hope the saleslady doesn't get in trouble now for putting them out early.   :(  I didn't know the exact release date, just that forum members reported receiving their copies, so I thought it had been released. 

~Linnea

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 03:36:46 am »
Don't worry too much about it Linnea, that store wouldn't be the first that did it. I think I bought mine on the 12th for example!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 04:24:43 am »
So, for those who have read the book What did you think of the revelation that Bran was alive when King Arthur was about, and it was hinted he actually knew him?? I thought that was so cool, but wow, how far does Bran  go back  :o ?

ETA: Spoiler tags removed. Elle
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:29:22 pm by Elle »

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 08:40:54 am »
I really loved the book and can't wait for the next one to come out. I wonder though will Anna's wolf open up to charles the way Charles wolf opened up to her. Did anyone get why Auther killed his wife instead of just changing her I know he liked Anna but why not just change Sunny? She wold have been an Omega also.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:29:41 pm by Elle »

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 12:47:22 pm »
It's probably go something to do with the fact that she most likely didn't want to be a were. That and it's hard to find a wolf that can attack a omega, even a human one. Remember how Anna got changed? How many others before her died because Justin got a little over eager? This way, Arthur, being cold blooded and logical... no, he was just crazy on that, if he thought he could get Anna to stay with him. Still, setting up vampires to kill your own mate, how did he get his wolf to go along with that?

Bran, no wonder he is such a bad ass. Been alive that long, actually had to use a sword to keep himself alive as he put it. Yeah, you definitely get really good or really dead by that point.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:30:03 pm by Elle »

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

aussiegoober

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 01:07:17 pm »
Don't ask me how (I was shocked myself) but my local Walmart had "Hunting Ground" on the shelves last Friday and I managed to grab the last book. I won't give away anything other than to say ..... IT IS AWESOME. So worth the wait and I couldn't put it down (had it read in just over 3 hours) The only sad thing is that now there's the long wait for the next one.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:09:06 pm by aussiegoober »

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 01:48:17 pm »
It's probably go something to do with the fact that she most likely didn't want to be a were. That and it's hard to find a wolf that can attack a omega, even a human one. Remember how Anna got changed? How many others before her died because Justin got a little over eager? This way, Arthur, being cold blooded and logical... no, he was just crazy on that, if he thought he could get Anna to stay with him. Still, setting up vampires to kill your own mate, how did he get his wolf to go along with that?

Plus, don't forget that Arthur believed that Anna was his Guenevere. So, even if he was wavering about killing Sunny, once he got it in his head that Anna was Guenevere, he believed he had no choice.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:30:48 pm by Elle »
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

lilliana

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 05:27:41 pm »
loved, loved, loved Hunting Ground... still absorbing since I just finished it 10 minutes ago. But here are a few thoughts...
I'm very curious about Moira. I hope we learn more about her in the future. I want more of Ric too. I like his spunky personality. Angus needs a mate.  LOL  I would like to know more about him as well.

I really enjoyed seeing how Anna and Charle's relationship has blossomed. Anna has come out of her shell and has learned to embrace her Omega abilities - Zen wolf.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:31:06 pm by Elle »

aussiegoober

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 06:26:06 pm »
Ok I figured it out. Someone said they'd like to know more about Moira. Well it doesn't give a full background but if you read the anthology "Strange Brew" the first story is about Moira and Tom meeting and a little about her relationship with her father. Interesting story for a little background. The anthology was just released in the last 2 months :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:31:24 pm by Elle »

lilliana

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 04:21:34 am »
Ok I figured it out. Someone said they'd like to know more about Moira. Well it doesn't give a full background but if you read the anthology "Strange Brew" the first story is about Moira and Tom meeting and a little about her relationship with her father. Interesting story for a little background. The anthology was just released in the last 2 months :)

That would be me. I have not read Strange Brew yet. Its on my wishlist.
Thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:31:41 pm by Elle »

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 07:53:23 am »
I loved it. I mean really, how can we not love Patty's books?  :-LOVE

After dwellin' on it for a day or two, I feel a couple of things.

I'm happy Anna is making some progress with her healing and getting control of her fear. I like that she's trying to overcome her fear instead of sinking into Charles and hiding. I think it's also very realistic that she's afraid of him too. Lots of books have this "knight in shining armour" moment and suddenly, the heroine isn't afraid.

I get the whole "brother wolf" thing but I wanted him to look around a bit more at the other wolves, like Talyn (I think) said. 

I agree with Linnesea when she said, "The only thing I don't care for is the characters' over-reasoning of other characters' motives.  I don't get how they could assume they know the bad guys every motive and assume that everyone is so predictable, so having characters speculate so deeply bugs me I guess.  I'd rather events just unfolded more naturally with people slipping up and giving themselves away. "

Introspection bugs me too. I don't know why but I want less head waffling and more action!!!!!!!  :D

I kind of get why the other wolves are scared of Charles but because we know him to be a good man and haven't seen him REALLY have to be brutal with someone who walked the line between deserving to die and not deserving to die, I'm only taking Patty's word for it that he's scary. He doesn't really scare me. I ramble a little............. :-[

I thought the fae was done beautifully. Scary and horrible in that "fae way".  ;D And the troll!!! What a creepy dude! Fantastic!

All in all, it was another great book that I'll enjoy reading again and again. I love this world and it's one of my favorite places to get lost.  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:32:08 pm by Elle »
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 04:58:05 pm »
What surprised me when I picked it up today...the cover! I don't know, for some reason I was expecting it to be bluish so the purple completely threw me when I was looking for it. :) Totally gorgeous. Yay! Hunting Ground Day.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2009, 07:09:30 pm »
Same for me, Elle.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

wantabadamlover

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »
I loved it and now we have a year to wait for it all to continue.... :-' 
" I meant to get the blanket between us"

Demi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 11:25:24 pm »
I could read it yesterday because https://www.cyberread.com/
has it for download and my books from Amazon will come most likley today.

I loved it!!! I loved the character development, i loved them lovey dovey
all of their interaction, i closed the book with the impression they REALLY
care deeply for each other. I loved the action.

Their development together is something i would like to see with mercy and adam too.

Some say they donĀ“t need the reasons of why some bad guy does what he does
( maybe i misunderstood it so please correct me if i do) But for me it worked just fine.
I like it when everything makes sense, and is not out of the blue.

Yaaaii for Hunting Ground, another terrific job Mrs. Briggs :-LOVE!!!!!! Thank you :)))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:32:32 pm by Elle »
Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog