Author Topic: [A&O #2] Hunting Ground Discussion  (Read 93164 times)

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
Re: Hunting Ground Discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 01:41:42 am »
I was very glad Patty explain the whole one man two spirits because it really does seem that they have two different soul. i mean they do tend to disagree alot when it comes to Anna Brother Wolf doesn't want Anna to not know them... everything about them but charles on the other hand doesn't want Anna to know to much about what he has done in the past because he's afraid she will be disgusted. And I think Anna still have somethings she need to work out before she is also able to open up completely to Charles. So I feel once they really get past all of that then their mate bond will bring more gifts them then more gifts than we can imagine.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:32:51 pm by Elle »

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 04:51:56 am »
wonder if Anna's wolf is sorts doing the same as brother wolf
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:33:05 pm by Elle »
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

lilliana

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 05:08:32 am »
 I remember reading in the book that Charles's wolf is more present because he was born a wolf, rather than someone who is Changed. But when the Fae was trying to influence Charles with magic to kill the Beast, Anna's wolf helped her notice what Dana was doing. I wonder if Anna's wolf will become more present because of her bond with Brother Wolf since Brother Wolf is an Alpha. Anna's wolf could be pulling power through there bond like Anna pulls power from Charles.

I think I got all of that correct, I dont have my book in front of me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:33:25 pm by Elle »

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 05:11:37 am »
mine theory, started because when she started seducing Charles,because knew the wolf was in charge. Plus a few pages later they had a convertion about it
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:33:40 pm by Elle »
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

lacrima

• Tool Wrangler
  • Sleep is overrated anyway. Where's my coffee ?
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 05:22:34 am »
I loved the book!  :D
I was afraid, that after they mated, their relationship would magically solve itself and everything would be right between them from the start. I liked the fact that they still have to struggle with their feelings etc.

"Give me an opportunity to fail. I promise that my corpse won't interrupt your 'I told you so' speech."

lilliana

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 05:27:01 am »
mine theory, started because when she started seducing Charles,because knew the wolf was in charge. Plus a few pages later they had a convertion about it

Was it mentioned that wolves normally do things like that? Or is it because Brother Wolf pulls Anna's wolf out of her? She wasnt surprised by her wolf's actions.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:34:04 pm by Elle »

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 07:13:13 am »
Finished it last night and I loved it! The only thing I was sad about was that we didn't get much of the other characters from the last book. But that's totally fine because the book was great and really it took place in only a couple days.  I wish we could have seen Anna give Charles the Christmas present she bought him but really, I have no complaints. Another great book!

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 07:48:19 am »
Ric's wolf is the same? Are omegas just different? Or is her bond with Charles what is doing it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:34:36 pm by Elle »

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:29 am »
I think it's more like the conversation she had with Charles about how most people had to learn to live with their wolves.  Anna never needed to push her wolf into submission, but she did need her wolf's help in dealing with her abuse.  I think she developed her own particular relationship with her wolf on her own, and it's different from that of most werewolves.  I'd guess that being Omega is part of it, but not the whole story.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:34:53 pm by Elle »
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

lilliana

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 09:41:24 am »
Well said Ellyll, that's makes sense. The conversation about Anna's wolf is coming back to me now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:40:05 pm by Elle »

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 11:13:17 am »
I think the difference is, Anna doesn't see her wolf as a threat, more of her protector when she needs it. It was the wolf that came up and helped Anna survive when she was still part of the "other" pack. It was the wolf who came up to help her break the Witch's magic so she could help Charles.

Other were's only have the wolf coming up at inopportune times. So the wolf gets suppressed. Anna's more close to what Charles is, but not quite. I hope we get more of Ric, see if his relationship with his wolf develops similarly to Anna's. I just want to know if Anna is a anomaly or not.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:40:18 pm by Elle »

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 01:37:44 pm »
I think the difference is, Anna doesn't see her wolf as a threat, more of her protector when she needs it. It was the wolf that came up and helped Anna survive when she was still part of the "other" pack. It was the wolf who came up to help her break the Witch's magic so she could help Charles.

Other were's only have the wolf coming up at inopportune times. So the wolf gets suppressed. Anna's more close to what Charles is, but not quite. I hope we get more of Ric, see if his relationship with his wolf develops similarly to Anna's. I just want to know if Anna is a anomaly or not.

I think you're exactly right, Talyn.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:40:34 pm by Elle »
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

mdauben

• Tinker
  • Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 01:46:36 pm »
Well, I downloaded my ebook version of HG from Fictionwise yesterday morning, and I just finished it this afternoon.  Wow!  What a great book!  Definetly my favorite of the A&O series so far.  :-LOVE

I liked Anna and Charles from the first in Alpha & Omega, but in each book I find myself liking them more and more.  The development of their two characters in this book was great and added tremendously to my enjoyment of the story.  Of course, the mystery and almost non-stop action didn't hurt either!  Getting to see both Charles and Anna kick some ass was awsome!   :D
Mike

"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful."

primalSCREAM

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009, 02:28:46 pm »
Thank you Patty for another great book! I loved the way you got really into the mate bond relationship, it brought me even closer to these 2 characters! It actually seemed as though I could personally feel it! I got a kick out of the reference to "smiling Bob" in the natural male enhancement adverts...I also was sick of seeing them!  I never expected the culprit to be who it was! Never expected him to do what he did to his mate! the story was superb! The ending was great (in true character to Anna).  Can't wait for the next book!!!!! You really leave us wanting MORE!!!!!!! :)

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009, 04:11:14 pm »
I Loved it!!!!!!!!

Anna saves the day again! Part of it is because she is different and nobody takes her into account, so it makes sense for the first couple of books, but I hope that the books don't always end with Anna saving the day (Isabella, Mariposa, the lady of the lake).

these books do a lot of  guessing of motives. In my experience that is what happens in  mystery books. Almost a genre necessity, the author has to let you know what the characters are thinking in order to explain why they act the way they do. It made sense to put it into what is, essentially, a mystery book.

I like the way everyone knows Asil. It makes him a much more real/ powerful character. His son being his alpha also helps explain why he wouldn't kill Asil. So, was his son born before or after Asil became a were? is it Sarai's or someone else? Did he know mariposa? So many questions!!!!
P.S. I was trying to remember how to make the spoiler tag, looked at the top and guess what news banner was up there?  LOL
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:40:56 pm by Elle »