Author Topic: Errors or discrepancies in the books  (Read 70673 times)

Melanie

• Tinker
Re: Errors or discrepancies in the books
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2019, 08:23:14 am »
Error at the end of Silence Fallen, Cast of Characters, Friends and Foe, last entry:
”Ariane, silver-borne fae who…”
Ariane isn`t silver borne but made the fae artifact the Silver Borne.

SB chapter 12 paperback page 232:
Ariane… “forged it of silver and magic and her blood”
FB chapter 2 paperback page 26:
“The Silver Borne was an artifact that she`d created…”

Elder Grimm

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2019, 02:56:28 am »
I am unsure if I am posting this is the correct place or at all. In defense I am old and on my phone at work.

I had issues with the last Alpha Omega book. Where we are suddenly introduced to a pack of crazy wolves that flies in the face of everything Bran has ever stood for. Especially with the new laws. Also having him want Mercy in a more sexual way instead of the fatherly way he always adopted before. These two things made it impossible for me to read the book. It came off as more of a fanfiction than a true part in the series. Can someone please help me to wrap my head around the severe character alteration of Bran.

Melanie

• Tinker
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2019, 01:13:22 pm »
I am unsure if I am posting this is the correct place or at all. In defense I am old and on my phone at work.

This thread is for spelling mistakes, continuity errors and general technical, logical errors.
I think your post would fit better in the book discussion part of the forum.

Strangely, there isn't already a thread for Burn Bright, so I opened a topic about Burn Bright, in which we can discuss.

You can find it here:

The Hurog Family » Patricia Briggs' Books » The Weres » Mercy Thompson | A&O Books Board
» Published Books (Moderators: Elle, Has, Zealith, Patti L., Midangel)
» [A&O #5] Burn Bright Discussion **Spoilers** NO black spoiler bars!

Melanie

• Tinker
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2020, 08:30:06 am »
Error in Burn Bright, chapter 7:
BuBr, ch. 7: Samuel left long (correct would be: short) before Anna came.
Contradiction to:
CW, ch. 4: Samuel back 2 years ago. Samuel left again in MC. Just a few days before Anna came.
Here are the passages:
BuBr, ch. 7: Anna knew Samuel, of course, but he had left the pack long before she’d joined. She’d met him now and again, but she didn’t know him well enough to say anything about him. But she trusted Asil’s judgment.
CW, ch. 4: The Marrok's face was carefully neutral-and Charles knew what was bothering him. There had been nights that Samuel had to lean pretty hard on pack for stability the past two years, since he'd gotten back from Texas, and a lone wolf had no pack to lean on.

Error in Silence Fallen, Cast of Characters, Joel Arocha:
SF, Cast of Characters, Joel Arocha: Aiden is helping him decrease the number of fire department visits.
Wrong, right: Aiden is helping Joel control his tibicena, but it is Aiden, who is often setting something on fire.
See here is the passage:
FT, ch 10: Even Aiden’s setting something on fire when he slept felt normal—one of Adam’s techie guys was working on rewiring some smoke alarms so that instead of shrieking, they just buzzed a little.

Typing error in Storm Cursed, chapter 8:
SC, ch 8: It would not have destroyed the pack, unless they got lucky and it killed you, Adam. But if you had lost more pack members . . . I think that the meeting between you (correct would be: the fae) and the government would not be so important to you.

Iceonovich

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2021, 02:38:04 pm »
Discrepancy

From Iron Kissed:
"The concertina wire was to shiny to be anything but aluminum," Refereing to the wire on top of the wall around the fay reservation.

From Fire Touched:
The Road might go different paths, but the walls aournd the reservation had been left, block cement topped by stainless steel razor wire."

I suspect it is an oversight, although it is possible it is not, but I doubt it.  The Goverment agency in charge kept having its budget cut.  When the Fay who took over I could not see them wanting to change it to that and very few of them could have done it.