Author Topic: "Alpha and Omega" Limited Edition  (Read 15406 times)

subpress

"Alpha and Omega" Limited Edition
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:50:07 am »
Hi all,

I hope you'll forgive the intrusion, but we're publishing a signed, limited edition (1000 copies) of Patty's novella, "Alpha and Omega".

You can find the cover posted to the main page at our site, and order it on the product page.

All best,

Bill
Main Page: http://www.subterraneanpress.com
And for Alpha and Omega: http://tinyurl.com/nekd2z

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
Re: "Alpha and Omega" Limited Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 06:29:29 am »
Just going to lock this thread for now. :)

Edit: Ok, the thread is now unlocked.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:59:20 pm by Midangel »

hermione

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 03:15:52 pm »
I got my copy already on reserve.

Linnea

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 03:58:04 pm »
Is this legit?  The cover looks a bit...amateur.

~Linnea

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 04:11:17 pm »
It's legit. :)

I've pre-ordered my copy a while back. This publisher does one off special editions.

mtomni

• Mechanic
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:33:10 pm »
Um.......is this a graphic novel like "The Homecoming"?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:48:03 pm »
I think it's more along the lines of an illustrated short story. It's 104 pages so I'm thinking around 20-30 illustrations will be in it.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:01:12 pm »
It's not like a comic book.   They're just trying to do a nice presentation of a novella, which is actually kind of tough.  Too short for a book, too long for a pamphlet.   Novella's are a publisher's nightmare.  So, the text will be exactly the same as what appeared in On the Prowl, but they'll use a larger font and space it out so it takes up a few more pages.  It will have just a handful of interior illustrations -- five or six I think.   I'm not sure if they'll be color or black and white (suspect black and white).  

The idea was that the novella is the beginning of the whole story, and Patty was looking for a way to make a stand-alone version of it.  Given the very explicit nature of Sunny's story in On the Prowl, many conservative people are uncomfortable buying it in that format (or keeping at home where young readers might stumble upon it).

Patty was able to arrange to have Alpha and Omega released as a low-cost ebook.  However, Subterranean Press specializes in very nice special editons,  and we're delighted that they're making this available for folks who like paper books in their collection.

So, there are cheaper ways to read the story, but if you like to have all your books lined up neatly on the bookshelf, and don't want to have fifty pages of explicit erotica hiding in your library,  this should be a very nice solution.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:04:42 pm by Mike Briggs »
Where's my super-suit?

ekl

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 06:49:41 pm »
It also appears to be sold out... bOuNcY

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 04:06:25 am »
My copy arrived today and wow! It's worth the price. The binding and pages inside are damn good quality. The illustrations also add a very lovely touch.

Very nicely done, Subterranean Press!

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 08:46:19 am »
I will have to add them to my list of book buying sources.  I know they have published short works of other authors I like as well.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 01:15:14 pm »
I got my copy too!
And its def worth the price.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 11:07:31 pm »
Subterranean Press has gorgeous books :)  I have bought several myself -- and I was delighted when they asked to republish this story.
Hugs,
Patty

irian

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 10:35:31 pm »
Hi! I'm a newbie here, only started reading the Mercy Thompson books last December. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody here could help me acquire a copy of this book? I was going to buy it from the subterranean press website last February but had to defer my purchase because I found that I was short on funds at the time. And now that I've saved up enough, the book isn't available at the site anymore.  :-' I would really like to get my hands on a copy of this book, but I can't afford the $75+ asking price of the few online stores that still have it. Would anyone here perhaps be able to help me? I'm a new fan who can only afford to spend so much, so I do hope that anyone who might have bought any extra copies might be willing to part with one...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 11:37:52 pm »
You might try the University Bookstore in Seattle, Washington; I saw a couple of copies there when Patty was doing the signing on March 30th.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.