Author Topic: Jim Butcher  (Read 190889 times)

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
Re: Jim Butcher
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 04:22:28 am »
No, there isn't a short story. There's one where Harry meets Murph and another where he and Bob make his ad. It's on Jim-Butcher.com  :D
^.^ ~Neko~

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 03:48:51 pm »
About 36 hrs until "Small Favor". I've been all spoiler thread over at jim-butcher. Too damn long.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 02:37:47 pm »
Really? Spoiler thread?
^.^ ~Neko~

Shuglin

• Tool Wrangler
  • Did someone say pie?
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 01:03:25 am »
5 hours until B&N open the doors!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
"No Matter How Subtle The Wizard a Knife Between The Shoulder Blades Will Seriously Cramp His Style"  - Vlad Taltos

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 09:34:01 am »
I've just bought it! I had to go to buying the Dresden series in hardcover, even though I have all the rest in paperback. I just couldn't wait!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 03:00:32 pm »
Almost done with about 50 pages to go. bought at 930am.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 01:14:59 pm »
I bought it yesturday. My twin wants to steal it from me.  ::)
^.^ ~Neko~

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 01:42:59 pm »
OK, I cheated and read the ARC a of months ago, but I have to say I'm a huge Jim Butcher fan boy.  Every time I think he's done something he can't recover from, he not only recovers, he does so brilliantly.  It's not macho, but SQEEE! ;D
Where's my super-suit?

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 03:16:05 pm »
You read a month ago and didn't leak anything, your good. I have read it fully twice now.
life is terminal

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 05:59:11 pm »
Mike you cheater! *rants* I wanna cheat too! ...I still haven't finished it the first time... I'm on chapter nine. I don't have time to read it in one sitting. If I did, I so would, then give it to my friend, so she can read it.
^.^ ~Neko~

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 06:12:15 pm »
LOL!  Actually, I read it a couple of months ago.  Patty's editor is very nice to us, and gets us a few of the best authors early.   I have to say, though, that this was a particularly good book, even for Jim Butcher.  That's saying something because he's absolutely wonderful all the time.  If I had to pick a favorite (fiction) author, it would be a toss up between Jim Butcher and Lois McMaster Bujold.   

Oh yeah, and Patty would be on the list too, but only because I'm married to her.  :o  ;D

Where's my super-suit?

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 06:18:35 pm »
*Grumbles* So not fair.
Oh yeah, and Patty would be on the list too, but only because I'm married to her.  :o  ;D

.....so if you weren't married to her, she wouldn't be on the list?  :o :o  ;D

I kid, I kid.  :D
^.^ ~Neko~

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 06:08:28 am »
Im kinda a late starter, I just started reading the dresden files about 2 weeks ago, right now im on dead beat, so far I love them.  Im still swallowing the information i found out about Thomas.  Every time i finish one, I can hardly wait to start the next.

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 08:58:19 am »
Ah, yeah, Thomas.... He's a fun character. ^.^
^.^ ~Neko~

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 07:58:39 am »
I think I'm on chapter 9, or thereabouts. I've already hit some really funny parts (I *love* Harry's/Jim's sense of humor). I'm trying to stretch this out so I can enjoy it longer. Mike, hearing you say this was great even for Butcher ... I'm *really* looking forward to reading more. Must pace myself!!!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)