Author Topic: Cassandra Clare  (Read 21047 times)

lilliana

Re: Cassandra Clare
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 07:39:07 am »
Thank you!  :D  I've decided to read the books...actually...I'm pretty excited to get started on them.

Note to self: Stay away from spoilers... haha, yeah right.  LOL

lilliana

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 09:23:44 am »
I just finished The Mortal Instruments series... Whew! what a ride. I'm soooo glad I read these books. They were wonderful! Glad to know there will be a spin off series - Simon's story - coming out. There were a lot of questions unanswered. Simon is definitely my favorite character.  :D

thebeadedchihuahua

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 12:14:40 pm »
I just finished The Mortal Instruments series... Whew! what a ride. I'm soooo glad I read these books. They were wonderful! Glad to know there will be a spin off series - Simon's story - coming out. There were a lot of questions unanswered. Simon is definitely my favorite character.  :D

And there will be a prequel to the mortal instrument series.   http://www.theinfernaldevices.com/ . It has a lot of the adult characters in it that were in the Mortal instruments.

Who was your favorite Character? I really like Magnus Bane.

lilliana

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 02:40:49 pm »
Oh sweet a prequel!  :D  Thanks for the link.

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 03:31:13 pm »
Listened to all first 3 books in audio after they were pushed on me by my sister.  Really enjoyed them but I googled Jace / Clary relationship before continuing after book 1.  Looking forward to Simon's book as well.

WinterWolf915

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 03:00:59 pm »
One of my faces!!! I love the idea that we are missing something in the worldwide around us, that there is a whole world we can't see. I just finished reading this series again and it never gets old

Dusk

• Tinker
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 02:13:43 am »
The Mortal Instruments is going to be adapted into comic books, and the Prequel is due out in March yay!!!  :-LOVE :D
I'm 90% Angel & 10% Devil  O) ....... or is that the other way around ;) :P

SisterWolf8807

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:03 am »
I'm really excited about the new book! I hope its as good as the one's before it! bOuNcY

simplyme

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 11:46:46 am »
Hi! Does anyone happen to have know a book/series that is similar to this series that they'd recommend? I loved the Mortal Instrument Series, but now that I've finished it, it's left me wanting more! I, of course, love Patricia Briggs, but I'm also quite a fan of Kelley Armstrong and Karen Chance.

Any suggestions?

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 01:03:07 pm »
Try Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep and the second book, Kiss of Frost is coming next month.

City of Bones and City of Ashes were sitting on my bookshelf for over 12 months and I wish I'd read them sooner, they're good and easy to read. I bought City of Glass quickly after and I'm 100 pages from the end. :D But I do wonder what's going to get between Jace and Clary in book four.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »
Looks like many of the people who read this series are no longer active on here.  Anybody read the whole series?  (and I'm talking Infernal Devices AND Mortal Instruments, you have to read them all if you want the whole story. 

With the ends of both series, I see a similar theme:

Mortal Instruments
(MAJOR SPOILER.  DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS.)
(NO REALLY.  YOU'RE GOING TO WANT TO BE SURPRISED)
Simon - no longer a vampire but also can't remember Clary, the Shadowhunters, or the Downworlders.  Total heartbreak... and then redemption: Magnus gets him to start training to join the Shadowhunters, and he starts to regain a few memories.  And everything will be okay with the world.

Infernal Devices
(SAME DEAL.  DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES READ THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ENDING OF THIS SERIES ALREADY.  IT'S A BIG SPOILER.)
Jem - almost dies and then gets saved by the Silent Brothers, where he won't be able to be a part of his friend's lives anymore... but he still manages to be there when he's needed.  Eventually is saved and able to rejoin Tessa and live a relatively normal life.  Total heartbreak, followed immediately by redemption. 
It's the same kind of thing in both cases: someone almost dies and then is saved by being taken away from the ones who love him... and then handed back at the last minute, just enough for the reader to see that things are going to be okay.

Part of me thinks that letting Tessa have both Will and Jem this way is kind of a cop-out by the author.  At the same time, I couldn't decide which of the pair I thought she should end up with, and I'd have been both happy and ticked off no matter which way it turned out otherwise.  So I'm also totally thrilled that this is how it ends.