Author Topic: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf  (Read 54283 times)

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf, Volume 1
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2010, 02:05:12 pm »
good art=good book(most times)
Howl more, whine less

lostbird

• Mechanic
  • (sigh....)
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2010, 02:46:12 pm »
Not only have they changed artists,  but they're having the new artist re-draw the whole first issue. :o   Apparently, they won't re-lease the comic, but when they print the hardback graphic novel they want it all to match :D

GRRRREAT!!! Okay, please don't hate me, but I now have to admit that I wasn't crazy about the art for A&O 1. I thought the Mercy series was drawn so much better. Who is the new artist?

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2010, 05:58:37 pm »
Actually, I misspoke.  I couldn't remember if I'd heard who the new artist is, so I called Patty (currently out in her office working on River Marked).  It turns out they're still searching for the right artist, so while there WILL be a new artist, it's still up in the air.

I hate to complain about Jordan -- he tried hard and is very talented, but the wolves and ethnic characters just weren't his forte.  Also, there were some issues with the script and production of Cry Wolf #1 . . . suffice it to say that we're aware that it wasn't the best piece of comic art ever produced, and we're darn well going to do better.

You know, it's a little like baseball.  Nobody ever steps up to bat thinking, "I'm feeling lazy, I think I'll hit a gentle grounder to the shortstop."  But despite the best of intentions, you don't always get a home run.  However, as long as they keep publishing we get another chance!

In other news, Amelia is doing some amazing stuff.  There's a little interview with her on the comics page, and check out this cover she did for an upcoming Mercy:
http://www.hurog.com/images/comics/Mercy/moon/cover2.jpg
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:03:18 pm by Mike Briggs »
Where's my super-suit?

Janilee

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2010, 06:06:32 pm »
Oh! Wow! That is pretty cool!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2010, 06:08:19 pm »
It's gorgeous, if impractical; werewolves weigh too much.  Love the look, though.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2010, 06:10:43 pm »
That is a gorgeous cover!
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

lostbird

• Mechanic
  • (sigh....)
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2010, 04:13:30 am »
Very nice! I love the strength behind it. Of course, I think the werewolf looks awfully small... ;) ...but the rendering is very nice.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2010, 04:10:20 pm »
Ohhhh... pretty :-LOVE
Howl more, whine less

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010, 04:30:11 pm »
Love the cover! Mercy obviously gets more strength in the comics.  ;D

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2010, 10:14:30 am »
The wolf was a tad small though
Howl more, whine less

amyroo145

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2010, 12:32:44 am »
So did they switch artists after all?  Im looking into getting the comics and I just can't deicde if I will like them.  Is it just the same story or do you get some other little details you don't in the books?  Not just for A&O but Mercy too?  Would you guys buy them?  Love to hear everyones opinions! bOuNcY

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 02:38:32 pm »
I'd buy them, definitly.  You do get some new info, but they mainly add on to what we already know
Howl more, whine less

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2010, 03:42:21 pm »
So did they switch artists after all?  Im looking into getting the comics and I just can't deicde if I will like them.  Is it just the same story or do you get some other little details you don't in the books?  Not just for A&O but Mercy too?  Would you guys buy them?  Love to hear everyones opinions! bOuNcY

For Alpha and Omega, parts of the story have been altered a bit for the graphic novel format. Nothing that changes the core of the story though. No new details have been added.

There is a new artist so don't look for the revamped A&O until well into the new year.

I buy them all. ;)
Hurog Means Dragon.

Litwolf

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2011, 12:03:57 pm »
So it's getting redone? That would be sweet; I wasn't too thrilled with the first issue. It was so rushed, especially when compared to the new Moon Called comic series.

But it's still going to be Cry Wolf, not the short story that first introduces Anna? Why is that? When I first heard there was a comic of Alpha and Omega coming, I got all excited because I thought it would start with the story from On The Prowl. I thought it would have been a great prologue for the novels, like Homecoming was for the Mercy series.

*I survived the Great Chat Room Explosion of 01/24/09 AND 01/31/09! Did you?*

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2011, 01:13:57 pm »
It is being redone, consider your first issue a collector's item! :D

It is still going to be just Cry Wolf. There are references to the short story within the run of it though.

If any of you get the Moon Called omnibuses the Mac short story within that is done by Todd, the new CW artist, so you can all get a taste of his style.
Hurog Means Dragon.