Author Topic: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf  (Read 54285 times)

Rowan

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf, Volume 1
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2010, 12:57:09 am »
Hi there :) I'd like to ask you for A&O comics - in this lost end of the world is impossible to get some infos about it so I have to search on the internet but I'm confused - did they published the comics or not? And if yes - how many issues? I found at least four covers but some of the issues are not available for order, some of them are available... and every website says something different  :-\  It seems some of you have the comics, but... I'd like to ask you for better informations :)  Thank you for any tips ;)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 06:38:47 am »
You could order them online from TFAW (Things From Another World - Online Comic Store).

They have tentative release dates there:

Issue #1 - May 26
Issue #2 - June 30
Issue #3 - July 28
Issue #4 - August 25

Those dates aren't locked but they give you a good idea of when they may be coming out. Or you could head into your local comic book store and order them there. :) Sometimes online distributors are more convenient.

Rowan, if you follow this link you'll see all of the issues of Cry Wolf together. Issue #1 is available for purchase the other issues aren't available yet but you can pre-order them.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Rowan

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 07:20:15 am »
Thanks :) I saw that but I saw other release date too, many of them said it should be already published and other said nothing has released yet... So I wrote here to hear it's realy released - this is more authoritative source :) Thanks again, hope to see it soon XD

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 07:22:39 am »
The second issue is still be worked on so the release date of all them are pushed back. I could see Issue #2 coming out sometime in August though.
Hurog Means Dragon.

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2010, 07:54:53 am »
That sounds cool. ??? How many page are in each issue?
•Hav•

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2010, 12:26:01 pm »
I didn't even think there was a graph novel for Alpha and Omega, thanks!
Howl more, whine less

andracowolf

• Tool Wrangler
Personal opinion of the Cry wolf issue 1
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2010, 02:19:12 pm »
Hello all.

I wanted to just give my opinion on issue 1 of cry wolf. and it is not that good.

Story.

For a comic series that would focus on Anna and charles, meaning that they might do more than simply cry wolf, they focused too much on the Walter Character, 5 or so pages, in 25 or so pages of story that covered about the first 25-50% of the book.

They skipped over the broad points of what had happened to Anna. the only thing you read is charles telling Anna that Leo and Justin would never hurt her again, then strangely the artist shows Anna sleeping with her arm over Charles' chest, from reading the first bed room scene she was never like that, she was afraid of Charles.

Art
Looking at the art there were only 3 major snafus that I saw, one was that Charles seemed too white, they had Asil too brown/black and finally I know that this artist is different than whom drew homecoming but that guy had Bran drawn well this guy just did not get bran right.

I am still intrested in the series, The story could be fixed in flash backs, especially when Asil sends flower to Anna and she then hides from Charles in the bathroom. and the art is simple as using diffrent colors in the next issue

I am glad to see patty's work branch into other media.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 11:59:25 am »
I have Cry Wolf #1!!!
I preferred the artwork in Homecoming but this one is good too.

I can't wait for the next ones!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Chalger

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 04:28:31 am »
Does anyone know what is happening with the next volume? When it will be out?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 06:28:47 am »
There's been an artist change so the release of Issue #2 has been delayed. When I get the new release date for it I'll post it here.
Hurog Means Dragon.

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2010, 07:13:37 am »
I don't even know how to articulate how happy that makes me feel...

Not that it will take longer to come out, that there was an artist change.
•Hav•

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
Re: Personal opinion of the Cry wolf issue 1
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2010, 01:27:10 pm »
I see where you're coming from and I agree with you. But this is an average problem with comics. Artists not understanding the characters fully and drawing them inaccurately.

I, as a comic book reader, have dealt with tons of problems. One of the most common is having a writer or artist that clearly hasn't done all their homework and if the character isn't totally wrong, then they are at least off.

One problem that you didn't  mention was the lack of a narrator or interior monologue. The issue would have benefited greatly by someone  explaining the more intricate details, like at the funeral. Perhaps it should even alternate perspective like it does in the book. It's details like that can elevate a good comic to a truly, great and satisfying comic book.

Very often you're also dealing with their limitations as artists, so as far as Asil is concerned, I believe you are right. His character design was definitely off.

However, all these problems make me even more excited for future issues. Apparently there's been an artist change and a series can benefit greatly by something like that. :D

So, be encouraged!   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:33:38 pm by shanpark_232 »
•Hav•

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 12:43:30 pm »
Not only have they changed artists,  but they're having the new artist re-draw the whole first issue. :o   Apparently, they won't re-lease the comic, but when they print the hardback graphic novel they want it all to match :D
Where's my super-suit?

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 12:48:08 pm »
Wow... That's exciting!
•Hav•

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2010, 12:48:54 pm »
Yes, it sure is!
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.