Author Topic: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf  (Read 50503 times)

caerali

• Grease Monkey
Re: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf, Volume 1
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 08:52:31 pm »
I wouldn't sweat it that much. . . I'm probably twice as in debt as that.  :X

guppy

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 09:05:12 am »
New to the boards and too many topics to run through...so I'll just ask what happened to the Alpha and Omega graphic novel to be released in Nov 2009?  Thanks for the answers!!!

Littlewolfe

• Tool Wrangler
  • The party wolf!
    • RedWerewolfe.com
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 11:08:44 am »
I'm new to the boards as well...I'm glad I browsed around in this thread!  I'd been wondering what had happened to the CW graphic novel.  Thanks for updating everyone on what was going on^^
"The best and most beautiful things in the world, cannot be seen or even touched.  They must be felt with the heart." -Helen Keller

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 11:17:12 am »
Thank YOU, Littlewolfe, for taking the time to look before bunging up a random new thread!  If you have questions, check the "navigating the forums" area, and if that doesn't help, check at the bottom of the index page "Who's online" and PM to any moderator who's on, or me, since I'm in here a LOT. ;)
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

ladyj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 05:41:00 pm »
Hey everyone. :) I noticed that Dynamite Comics had a release date for Cry Wolf in May, 2010. It could have always been there and I never noticed it before and/or the date has since been changed. Can it be getting closer to when it will come out? I read Patty's comment on her home page where she said she will let us know as soon as she knows, so maybe I am being pushy and impatient. My apology if this is so.

Also, how many issues do they think it will be? I noticed a "1 in 10" but don't know if that has anything to do with the number of issues. I had assumed 4 issues but you know what they say about assuming. Thanks... :)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 07:00:28 am »
Hi ladyj,

May 2010 is the date that Dynamite has for the release of the first issue. It hasn't always been there but is a new release date they have posted.

Cry Wolf will be 8 issues total, split into 2 volumes each.  Thus, Cry Wolf #5, for example, will officially be Cry Wolf Vol. 2, #1.

Watch the main site for updates, though, as the release date may change. I hope that helps. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

ladyj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 08:54:57 pm »
Thanks Elle, that helps very much. Like everyone, I am anxious for the comic. Here's hoping everything goes well with the release dates.  :)

ladyj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 01:17:55 pm »
I was very happy to see that Dynamite already has the June issues of Cry Wolf, the Dresden Files, and Robert Jordans WOT issues posted for preordering. So maybe May is a definite release date for all of them... bOuNcY

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »
Ummm.   I'm not sure how much I can say. Although we've worked out the contractual issues we were having, we haven't seen any new artwork for Cry Wolf in quite some time.  Given that we'll be traveling though much of April, I'm a little dubious that they can draw the art, get it approved, make any tweaks or changes, and get the comic produced.  It might happen, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.   :-\
Where's my super-suit?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 09:14:12 pm »
:P

Well TFAW has just accepted my preorder for the first issue and says it will be locked into a subscription but it sounds like that will be delayed.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ladyj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2010, 07:33:38 am »
Thank you Mike. Maybe if they will just get the first issues in May like they showed, and once they see the demand, maybe they'll get things out on a more regular schedule. The eternal optomist here!  :)  Many of us have been waiting for all three of these titles for awhile now.

BTW, the girl in the comic store, who took the subscription for me, is a big fan of Patty's writings, and we talked quite some time about her series. She too, is looking forward to the comic and the next Mercy book, at the end of March. All hail Patty!! *salutes*  :D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 07:47:42 am »
TFAW just emailed saying that my subscription for issue one is about to be locked!!! So I think the release date is a cert for issue one :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

lostbird

• Mechanic
  • (sigh....)
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 05:54:23 pm »
I got notice of the same thing from TFAW. I've been getting my graphic novels/comics from them since Buffy back-in-the-day. They're very good about updating their patrons.

ladyj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 08:06:15 am »
Just a reminder that today is National Comic Book Day....free comics....check out your favorite store. I'm off to see what is offered... bOuNcY

Salarika

• Tinker
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 05:32:50 am »
Okay, I'm feeling a little lost here. Where do I order this series from - to buy the issues, I think I'd have to head down into the city. When are the issues due out, etc? Please help (whimpers pathetically).
Beyond the farthest shore
Beyond the land
My people are dancing
On the wind.
-Ursula K. LeGuin