Author Topic: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf  (Read 54447 times)

SouthernSupe

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf, Volume 1
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 11:02:42 am »
I bought/ read my first Patricia Briggs book in September '09, "On The Prowl", and I Loved It- I am instantly became a HUGE Fan! Just as soon as I finished it I ran out & bought "Cry Wolf" and it was fantastic! The characters and their back stories are so cool- Charles & Anna are definitely my favorites, but Bran is awesome and Asil is so very interesting. Not to mention, Patricia Briggs is so good a painting a picture by description, I practically could feel the cold & the landscape.

I am going out to get "Hunting Ground" today- so that's exciting. However, waiting for Aug/2010 for book 3 to be released is going to be a little bit excrutiating- it's a good thing that I haven't read the Mercy Thompson series yet  ;)

Salarika

• Tinker
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 03:01:04 pm »
I had pre-ordered it through Amazon, and just got notified that my order had been cancelled :(  ! I'm assuming the problem is on the publishers' end (I used to work at a Major Chain Bookstore), and I've noticed that other publishers are doing the same thing. Major bummer.
Beyond the farthest shore
Beyond the land
My people are dancing
On the wind.
-Ursula K. LeGuin

Sigwolf

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 10:23:44 am »
I, too, had my pre-orders for issues #1-3 cancelled by Westfield Comics last week...   :(

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 01:11:38 pm »
I just received an email from my friend. She was at her comic store today, and the owner told her that they have cancelled the Cry Wolf series. :(

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 01:20:49 pm »
I've e-mailed Ernst and I'll get back to you all as soon I hear. No worries everyone. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 01:26:52 pm »
Thanks, Elle.  :-*

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 01:43:59 pm »
Okay, I heard back from Ernst Dabel regarding the CW graphic novel.

They have cancelled this release date because it's being pushed back. The first issue is still being worked on so a November release date this time is unrealistic. I know it's frustrating but I don't think we'll be seeing it until the first part of 2010. I hope that helps everyone!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Dante

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 03:38:04 pm »
Why is it getting pushed back? That really sucks....i've been looking forward to it for months.

I went looking on Amazon and Borders and they've taken it off their sites...really not cool  :-'

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 03:42:06 pm »
It's getting pushed back because the first issue isn't finished yet, Dante. Ernst took time off for his honeymoon and I think that, we can, despite our disappointment appreciate that sometimes deadlines don't get met and release dates must be re-evaluated.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:49:42 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Dante

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 03:44:49 pm »
Where do you find that info? (For future use incase it gets pushed back again)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 03:48:33 pm »
Dante, it's a couple of posts upthread. I e-mailed Dabel Brothers for the information. If there's further development regarding the release dates I'll keep the board updated with the information as soon as I receive it.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Dante

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 03:53:37 pm »
Ah, cool. I'll keep checking up then.

christophermicheal

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 03:59:44 pm »
New here and this is my first post so forgive me if I'm breaking any rules.

We may never see any "Cry Wolf" comics from the Dabel Brothers.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/09/25/dabel-brothers-productions-%E2%80%93-over-11000-in-debt-to-another-studio/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/08/16/dabel-brothers-productions-over-27000-in-debt-to-just-one-studio/

Sorry not real up on forum tech so if those links don't work just do a search fror dabel brothers and look for the in dept links.

Anyway the reason I'm here is to ask if anyone knows someone else may pick up the comics and produce them. Marvel took over the Anita Blake stuff maybe they or someone else could do the same. Anyone know what's going on I'd love to see them come out.

Thanks,
Christopher
P.S. please for give the miss spelled words if any.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 11:53:37 pm »
You're certainly not breaking any rules Christopher.   I'm in a very awkward position, much of the information I'm privy to is confidential.  However,  I don't want our readers to be left in the dark.   Here's what I can say:

1) I can't discuss the Dabels financial status.  There's a lot of balls in the air right now which will determine the future direction of the company and those who have contracts with them.
2) Our status, with the Dabels  is also currently uncertain, but we're hopeful.  Patty's agent is working very hard to iron out a deal.

Given the success of homecoming (9 weeks on the NYT bestsellers list), it is probable that there will be more comics coming eventually.  Besides, it was fun!
Where's my super-suit?

christophermicheal

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 02:05:55 pm »
I'm really glad things are hopeful. The only reason I started the Mercy series was the homecoming comics. Same thing with Anita Blake. I saw the comics read them and wanted more so now I have all the Anita, Mercy, and Alpha Omega novels. I also plan to start the other series Patricia has written, can’t wait to see what they are about.
If things don't work out with Dable please , please go to another comic publisher. I absolutely loved homecoming and that panel with Mercy tearing up the shirt had me on the floor. Maybe if this current cycle of comic adaptations of books continues to do well other authors will join in.
Thanks,
Christopher
P.S. Are there any plans for some more Mercy adaptations, not that I won't be satisfied with alpha and omega but I want MORE , MORE , MORE. lol