Author Topic: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf  (Read 53058 times)

K.Love

• Tool Wrangler
Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf
« on: May 07, 2009, 12:59:38 am »
Are they making a comic book for A&O now?
  asked by davesmsperfect in Ask Patty

As far as I know, There's only Mercy's graphic novel (thats coming out in July I believe. see it on the main site here under Homecoming: http://hurog.com/books/books.shtml and here at Barnes and Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Mercy-Thompson-Homecoming/Patricia-Briggs/e/9780345509888/?itm=4

) But thats why this is a question for the author. lol

ETA: Title modified. Elle
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:39:27 am by Elle »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf, Volume 1
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:32:56 pm »
Well they are producing one now! :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:41:23 pm »
* sneaks in and tacks up link that Elle provided *

Cry Wolf Graphic Novel
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:57:50 pm »
Thank you!
I just realised I forgotten the blasted link :P
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Lamb

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 09:08:38 am »
After finishing Mercy Thompson Homecoming I decided to go on amazon and see what kind of reviews the book had gotten.  When I saw that 21 people had given it a single star I thought: WHAT?! and read the reviews.  I am a huge fan of Patty's werewolf world.  As I read the reviews I became infuriated, they were based upon the reviewers failure to read the product description before impulse buying rather than the content of the book.  I absolutely enjoyed seeing people state that no where did it say Graphic Novel on the page.  Meanwhile, for any of you have read it, you probably noticed right on the very cover it says: "An original graphic novel..."

Anyway, I noticed that Alpha and Omega is being released in a graphic novel hardcover collection as well, which I'm looking forward to. =D  And I just wanted to to suggest that somewhere on the amazon page Graphic Novel should be added in big letters, so reviewers won't drag down the rating due to their mistake and not the content.  Homecoming really does deserve higher.

And this is a link to to news about Cry Wolf in graphic Novel form:
http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=16&p2_articleid=59&s=7a340be97d7ae9e23575296ced43f393

judidiane

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:52:46 pm »
Can anyone give me some help....I just finished Cry Wolf and am a little confused about Anna's life before she met Charles.  Also, the whole story of Charles rescuing Anna.  Is there a chronological ordre to all of Patty's books?

Thanks so much!  I LOVED "Cry Wolf"!!!

Judidiane  :-*

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 09:04:54 pm »
The chronology in Mercy's world is (as of today):
Homecoming Graphic Novel
Moon Called
Alpha & Omega
Cry Wolf
Blood Bound
Hunting Ground
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

judidiane

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 10:33:03 pm »
Thanks but I haven't even read anything about Mercy yet.  Do these books come before the A&O book?  Should I read the Mercy books in order before reading the 2nd A&O book?

sorry, just a little confused.

Judidiane   :(

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 10:45:07 pm »
Okay, it works like this.
The first things written were Moon Called & Blood Bound.  Then, in the same "ficton", she wrote "Alpha & Omega" about peripheral characters from MC & BB.
These were so well received that she was asked to write more novels based around those characters.
Moon Called, Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, and Bone Crossed take place over the course of about a year, following Mercy Thompson & the Columbia Basin Werewolf Pack.
Alpha & Omega, Cry Wolf, and Hunting Ground take place in about 6 weeks during the same time frame as Moon Called, approximately.

You do not by any means have to read the Mercy based books before you can enjoy what comes next with the A&O series.  You might consider, as a purist for time issues, in fact, that reading all the listed A&O stuff, and then moving to the Mercy stuff is more correct.
Or you might pause where you are, read Moon Called, & then go back to the A&O.  Then immerse yourself in Mercy.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 07:31:41 am »
In the A&O series, there was a novella called "Alpha and Omega" about how Charles and Anna met.  It was in an anthology called On the Prowl.  It gives some background about Anna's situation with her pack, and it shows how it gets resolved. 

Then there were the books: Cry Wolf, then Hunting Ground

There is some overlap with the Mercy books.  Bran and Samuel appear in both series.  Charles has a few appearances, although not Anna.  You don't need to have read one to read the other, though. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

judidiane

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 07:47:40 am »
My sincere thanks for all your info!!  I think I will read the anthology which has the short story about Anna & Charles in it, then go to the 2nd A & O book, THEN read the Mercy series.....whew, I've got some reading to do....can't wait!!!

Again, I appreciate both of you clearing up my confusion.

Have a great week! 

judidiane   ;)

BlackCat13

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »
I was not exactly sure where to post this, so my apologies in advance if this is incorrectly attached to this thread.

I just received a cancelation notice from TFAW, the company I order the Dabel comics from stating that the publisher has cancelled them. Now they only cancelled my orders for the first three comics in the series not the fourth.

So... basically I have no idea what is going on; even with all the delay for the Mercy and Dresden comics they never have cancelled an order for these comics before, and most of those took nearly four months (or more) past the release date to be available. Just curious but has this happened to anyone else too? Is Dabel having problems? Or have the comics for Alpha and Omega been truly cancelled (which would also mean no hardcover book from Amazon)? :(

noriegr

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 08:36:01 pm »
BlackCat13- You're not the only one having problems ordering the Cry Wolf series. I've been going through HeavyInk.com to order my Patricia Briggs comics. The release date for Cry Wolf #1 (according to their site) is 8/19/09. I'm also wondering what's going on. When I e-mailed the guys at heavy ink they told me that the hold-up was at Dabel comic's end. So I guess we just wait indefinitely?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 08:41:02 pm »
To my knowledge the first issue of Cry Wolf is still being worked on. I'll send an email to Dabel and see if I can get a tentative release date and get back to you guys with what I find out.
Hurog Means Dragon.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 08:18:54 am »
Thanks Elle :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.