Author Topic: WooHoo Hurog News  (Read 8431 times)

bengrenell

• Grease Monkey
WooHoo Hurog News
« on: April 18, 2009, 07:07:36 am »
I am a big Jim Butcher fan (both Dresden Files and Codex Alera) and frankly spend more time on the Butcher board than I do here. Well I was placing my pre-order for Turn Coat and found there are plans afoot for having Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood done in audio. This is the same company that got James Marsters to do the audio books for the Dresden Files. Hope they come up with someone that can really understand and communicate the world of Hurog. Here is the link: http://www.buzzymultimedia.com

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: WooHoo Hurog News
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 04:41:52 pm »
Oh my...that's good news indeed. :D I wonder who the narrator will be. James was so great with the Dresden Files. Thanks for bringing it in bengrenell!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 07:34:04 pm »
Nice blurb as well:

"Patricia Briggs has a lot of fans, and they have been waiting for the audio versions of these books," explains June Williams, vice president and co-founder of Buzzy Multimedia "We are excited to be the ones that will bring it to them. We are thrilled to have obtained these rights and look forward to a long-lasting relationship with Patricia and her fans."

The word Hurog means dragon. In the "Dragon Bones" and "Dragon Blood" titles it is also the name given to the land and its people that have been living under a curse. Briggs, a New York Times bestselling author, is an award-winning fantasy author. Her first published hardback was "Bone Crossed." She is also the author of urban fantasy books, "The Mercy Thompson" series.

Buzzy Multimedia's other audio books include the first four novels of Jim Butcher's, the "The Dresden Files," which is narrated by James Marsters (Spike from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"). Additionally, Buzzy Multimedia has published Alan Dean Foster's "Interlopers." Their catalog includes science fiction and fantasy novels, with the narrators for all the audio books being actors that have appeared on popular television shows, including Michael Shanks from "Stargate," and Ben Browder of "Farscape." 

Hurog Means Dragon.

BlueMtn

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:12:37 pm »
..... there are plans afoot for having Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood done in audio. ..... Here is the link: http://www.buzzymultimedia.com

bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY Oh boy!!  Happy Dance time!!!!

Thanks for the great news!

Vinity

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 08:13:09 am »
Oh wow!! I just saw this. I adore the Buzzy ladies. I hope Ben gets to do it, I really love his voice but the story of Interlopers scared me to death. I LOVE natural things and the whole idea of the interlopers gaining contact like they do really mess with my head.

I'm glad the Buzzy ladies are getting this awesome series. I was sad when Penguin took over Dresdan. I'll have to email them and put in a preorder. I try and support them even with the new Dresdan CDs. Usually I DL now from audible but I still get Dresdans in CDs from them.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 09:40:00 am »
Just looked at some stuff on their site, and these audios do exist, if anyone was wondering at this late date.
Narration is by Joe Manganiello.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.