Author Topic: Naomi Novik  (Read 32940 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Naomi Novik
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2021, 05:58:45 am »
I red somewhere that it was supposed to be a trilogy. The sales pages are saying 2 of 2. Could go either way.

Oh, well, if it's in the red...  >D
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2021, 03:54:59 am »
It may depend upon sales. However I do expect there will be a third book. She ended the first one with a pretty significant cliffhanger too, and then started this one exactly where that one left off. And you can easily see the some of the ramifications that would have to be dealt with in the next book. This was not an unexpected ending for me, frankly. I would like to see where she takes it from here though.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2021, 09:47:32 am »
Post Graduate: A Novel (The Scholomance Book 3)?

Think about the view from the outside. Parents are hoping their child will graduate, and a bunch of freshman, they are not expecting, tumble out and mals start enmassing to enter. The freshmen are trying to explain, "this is the plan," while other people's parents are fighting off the danger.

Gwen's mother staying outside learning the plan, from the freshman, that her daughter and the boy she has warned her about, Orion Lake, are supposed to be the last two exiting from this almost suicidal, idealistic plan.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2021, 04:39:12 am »
I was thinking more in terms of: El the embryonic dark sorceress tumbles out, with no Orion behind her. What is the NY enclave, not to mention almost everyone else who doesn't personally know El, and no doubt some who do, going to think? The fact that nothing was resolved about the Bangkok enclave says to me that there will likely be a third book. Did you find the title Post Graduate somewhere, or is that speculation?

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2021, 08:35:35 am »
The title was pure speculation.

As for the other, you are right about El being in a position of danger when she emerges. I think that would depend on the stories the students are telling their parents as they emerge. The "war" situation, could defiantly be the thing on which the next plot hinges.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2021, 01:19:12 pm »
Rats. It's a good title. It will also depend on whether the parents believe the stories. Not all parents are inclined to listen to teenagers.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2021, 03:49:19 am »
 LOL Thanks.

There is that. And remember that the first three sets of teenagers to get out didn't have parents there expecting them. They would be talking to strangers or distant relatives. But as each group comes out telling the same story as the mals start heading in (causing another sort of chaos) it might incline even the most skeptical parent to believe.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2021, 04:42:33 am »
Just out of curiosity, have you been paying attention to current events at all in the last five years?

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2021, 06:52:00 am »
Yes, anything specific you are thinking about?

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2021, 09:15:39 am »
Skepticism.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2021, 07:02:32 pm »
Eh, I agree with your call on the thinking power of humanity today.

But, these people have only had twenty minutes to process.They do not know El. They only have the information at hand.

Two hours later when people have been phoned, losses tolled up, etc. Then skepticism and sides could take place.

We also do not know what information last years graduating class has passed on.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2021, 09:21:38 am »
Good point. More seniors getting through would have been an indicator of...something.