Author Topic: Asil and Sage  (Read 67635 times)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
Re: Asil and Sage
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 08:40:01 am »
I think that both the human and wolf part  of Asil wanted to die. Since the mate bond still existed yet his wife was dead he had no way to heal after her death. And that many years (?how many again?) of severe emotional pain is definitely not a good thing for either half of him.

I think he will now go through his grieving period, then think aobut courting Sage.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 11:14:53 am »
I wonder a bit, given the way some of the other male and dominant wolves affect the human sides of them, that Asil's wolf wasn't pushier about that before.  Unless it felt that remnant of Sarai as still being mated?

I think your right about that, I think Asil's wolf knew it was still mated or else after 200+ years it would have indeed found another mate by then. I think because Asil's mate bond gift was empathy his wolf felt his mate and knew she was not gone. Remember It was Sarai's human form and spirit that was gone not the wolf's so even though Asil knew his Sarai was gone his wolf knew that her wolf was not. I hope that's making sense.

kas913

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 12:24:57 pm »
This is a really interesting theory.  I never even considered the 2 of them as anything other than friends, but who knows!  What I would like to see though is more of what Sage's role is in the community.  We know that she's single, she dominant, and she has the trust of both Bran and Charles.  But there are so many mysteries about her!  Like when Charles let her call him Charlie and stated that she is the only wolf who can get away with that.  Why?  Also, how does an unmated, dominant werewolf fit into the pack?  Where is she in the pecking order if she is supposed to take her "rank" based off of her mate?  I've wondered that with Mary Joe too. 

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »
For the Charlie vs Charles thing I had thought that was more personality based. You knowhow some people can say anything without offense as long as they smile when they say it? Saomething like that.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien

alan

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 01:00:27 pm »
You knowhow some people can say anything without offense as long as they smile when they say it?

Yeah i've never been able to do that and neither has anyone else i've known, it must be like a werewolf thing.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 08:27:13 am »
You knowhow some people can say anything without offense as long as they smile when they say it?

Yeah i've never been able to do that and neither has anyone else i've known, it must be like a werewolf thing.

;D Some people are just super people persons and few people can dislike them or be mad at them for long.  They have a way with words.It happens.

mimi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 01:26:22 pm »
I got the impression that Asil could be romantically interested in Sage; I think we know that he considers her attractive.  It's been a while since I read CW, but I remember thinking at the time that there might be something there.  Sage obviously cares about Asil, but it remains to be seen whether it's as a favorite Uncle, or something romantic.

As far as Sage's place in the pack, I thought it was very interesting that she seems to be kind of the "go-to" wolf.  Sent to keep an eye on Asil (maybe?), then sent to keep Anna company/take care of her after the funeral.  She's got Bran's and Charles' respect at least.  How did she get it?  What's her background?  I hope we do see more of her in the subsequent books.  Knowing exactly what her place is and how she got there would be interesting indeed.

Too bad we have to wait a while for the next book!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 01:30:28 pm »

As far as Sage's place in the pack, I thought it was very interesting that she seems to be kind of the "go-to" wolf.  Sent to keep an eye on Asil (maybe?), then sent to keep Anna company/take care of her after the funeral.  She's got Bran's and Charles' respect at least.  How did she get it?  What's her background?  I hope we do see more of her in the subsequent books.  Knowing exactly what her place is and how she got there would be interesting indeed.

Too bad we have to wait a while for the next book!

I had noticed that too mimi. I would also love to know more of her backgroudn and how she got their respect. After all, she is an unmated female so therefore low in the pack structure. Though Bran and Charles seem willing to overlook little details like that at times.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 01:31:56 pm »
I'm thinking she has some money/power of her own, from the 'human' world.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 04:12:06 pm »
Money, sure, but what power in the human world woudl also translate into power in the pack?
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 05:16:52 pm »
Child/grandchild of a former president/royalty/dictator?

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 09:30:15 pm »
how can you be former royalty?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 09:32:01 pm »
Abdicated or tossed out.  Or pushed the country over to some form of democracy.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 09:36:23 pm »
but aren't they still royalty, even if they don't have a country?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 09:43:38 pm »
You got me; that's a technical question for someone with more book larnin' than I done got.  Also, if the country ceased to exist; are you still royalty then?  Or if you're the ex-spouse of royalty, like Fergie?