Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184035 times)

The Deposed King

Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2008, 05:16:15 pm »
I think it is simply the old green eyed monster rearing its ugly head. In all honesty wouldn't any woman be jealous if the man that you love shows you no true affection and always turns to someone else to confide in? Wouldnt it hurt you to know and sense that he has true affection for another even though it maybe a child or someone they feel parental towards? She may very well have known going in that he wanted her only for mating purposes and I think that is covered in CW when he says he chose her only because she "stupid and selfish" she was someone he would not worry about losing his heart to like his first wife.
I think you can assume that she does love him - when he came home she was sleeping in his bed on his side wrapped around a pillow. Sounds like someone in love to me. I bet it tears her up every time he confides or shows true affection for someone else.
I don't think that the pack knows his true motives for marrying her .. wouldn't that in some way degrade her and open her up to people not respecting her authority? I dont think Bran would intentionally disrespect her like that .. in CW they mention that Charles is ready for another lecture on showing her respect from his father. (something to that effect).

Bran walks a fine line with Charles.  Its okay to knock Charles down for disrespecting his wife.  As a matter of principle Bran CANNOT allow that and Charles understands and even respects the absolute need for the Marrock's mate to be respected.  But if the day comes that Leah attacks Charles mate in an unacceptable manner, even if its in a non-physical manner, Charles might no longer be willing to hold his tongue.  And then Bran and Charles could be put in an impossible situation.  And even if neither were killed, likely after the confruntation Charles would leave the pack.  And that would weaken the Marrock of America and his pack of misfits.

The Deposed king

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2008, 05:20:14 pm »
That's an interesting point, but it leaves out Anna.  I don't think you should underestimate her ability to handle Leah herself, or Charles's awareness of that ability. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

rox_squirrel

• Mechanic
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2008, 06:19:56 pm »
for some reason i think Bran would take Charles side against Leah though if push came to shove.  i think Bran might also side with Anna depending on the circumstances.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2008, 08:12:34 am »
Also another thing to remember is that Anna is an Omega so that will effect Leah. I very much doubt can attack Anna if she wants to - she was afraid of the power an Omega has because its confronting her own weaknesses and fears, and unlike Asil who calmed down in Anna's presence Leah ran away. This suggests to me she wants to feel that bitterness and resentment and doesnt want to let go perhaps this isnt a true mating she has with Bran.

I know Bran said that acceptence and trust is the important factors in a mating and it looks like Leah has some feelings for him but Bran wont allow himself to love her and I dont think he can. He may feel tenderness but I dont think he can fall in love with someone who is resentful and bitter- and she was also stupid and selfish to begin with as well- Leah doesnt see that as a weakeness. Another thing I dont think Leah knows the full truth about the Berserker in Bran - if she knew about that I dont think she can fully accept Bran and perhaps that might create more tensions between them.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2008, 12:42:59 pm »
Leah is the cage for the bresker, god help us if she ever figures that out. She  will screw everybody over 'cause that petty.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2008, 12:46:07 pm »
And that would be a very scary thing wouldnt it? This would be the one thing that she would be able to control Bran with- so I definitely think she doesnt know nothing about it.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2008, 12:58:35 pm »
And that would be a very scary thing wouldnt it? This would be the one thing that she would be able to control Bran with- so I definitely think she doesnt know nothing about it.

Has, I KNOW you're college educated; I'm going to whack your bum for that double negative!

Yes, that would be a good secret to keep from Leah.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2008, 12:59:50 pm »
patti she might enjoy the bum whacking ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:04:31 pm by gryphon340 »
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2008, 01:00:23 pm »
Patti, despite education we still have to keep our street cred!!!  ::)LOL Bet the nothing was 'nuffink' too, eh Has??? ;) :D Keep it real, Yo!
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2008, 01:01:53 pm »
Innit Nottled  ;D

Patti- But in my defence  I had something else on my mind when I posted that lol I just read a funny article about towns named after a certain appendage :D

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2008, 01:04:08 pm »
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2008, 01:08:23 pm »
Yes, I saw that, child.
Let's get back on subject.  Selfish or not, how much do you think Leah really loves Bran? 
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2008, 01:10:40 pm »
loves the sex and the power, don't if she love than man. The no doudt about it the wolves are mated/ in love.
life is terminal

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2008, 01:22:02 pm »
I think she does in her own way But I agree about the wolves being mated- the human halves certainly are not. But if she knew the full truth about the berserker in him I dont think its enough. Also her bitterness towards his sons, Mercy and I bet his wife because she feels she cant live up to her memory makes me think she cant ever fully except someone either.
She resents them because they have Bran's love and trust something she hasnt fully got but its stupid and selfish in all that time to hold them responsible for something that its not their fault Bran has withheld himself from her.

She likes the perks and the stature of being his mate but I dont think she knows his real self and even though she may want to get close to him. I think if she knew the truth I doubt she would be able to accept him. I seriously think that Bran and Leah arent fully mated- despite what Bran says about trust and acceptance he doesnt fully trust Leah or even accept her for what she is and so does she.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2008, 02:48:16 pm »
I think if she knew the truth I doubt she would be able to accept him. I

Hmmm. I don't know. If she knew I could see her going on a power trip about "taming the beast". Which would be why she doesn't know. To brag about it she would have to tell people and Bran cannot let that happen.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden