Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184041 times)

Linnea

• Grease Monkey
Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2008, 04:55:40 pm »
Bran did think Leah was "so selfish and stupid he was certain he could never really love her." (CW 293)  It would be hard on any woman to know that her mate not only despises her, but that everyone else knows it too.  It would be humiliating every single day.

On the topic of bitterness over infertility, I wonder how many of the females were turned involuntarily.  If they chose to turn, I would think that they would've had their children already or not wanted any.

~Linnea

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2008, 05:09:33 pm »
Or were young and stupid. *shrug* I know many girls my age who swear they'll never have kids, but I susect at least half of them will change their minds by the time they're 30.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2008, 05:41:17 pm »
Probably.  When I was your age, I and all my friends were never going to have kids.  Twenty-some years later, most of them do.  :D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2008, 05:48:44 pm »
Ah, the magic of age. I admit, I want kids, but not for at least 5 years!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2008, 05:49:59 pm »
Getting off-topic people!! Somewhere in chat we have a thread about childen and whether or not to have them. Feel free to continue your discussion in there. :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2008, 05:55:38 pm »
Sorry.  ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2008, 05:56:30 pm »
Yes'm.  Sorry about that.  :D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2008, 05:57:48 pm »
I swear, herding cats is easier than keeping people on-topic. ;D ;D

Now, where were we? :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2008, 05:58:33 pm »
Discussing the reason leah is being bitter about infertility because she was force changed I believe.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2008, 06:01:02 pm »
Ah, but does Patty specifically says that is why Leah is bitter? I believe that she has Mecy assuming that motive for Leah, but it's not as if Leah is going to share that with her. 

rox_squirrel

• Mechanic
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2008, 06:11:15 pm »
i don't think Leah likes sharing anything with anybody, which is part of the reason she hates Omegas.
Omegas encourage people to be share personal stuff with them just by being omegas

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2008, 06:29:51 pm »
True true. I think it is more a combination of many things, not the least of which is her mate doesn't love her. And if she is older than a 100 years or so, having children is probably very important to her.

jenglows

« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2008, 01:48:47 pm »
Bran did think Leah was "so selfish and stupid he was certain he could never really love her." (CW 293)  It would be hard on any woman to know that her mate not only despises her, but that everyone else knows it too.  It would be humiliating every single day.

On the topic of bitterness over infertility, I wonder how many of the females were turned involuntarily.  If they chose to turn, I would think that they would've had their children already or not wanted any.

~Linnea
I'm not sure we should assume that the pack understands Bran's true feelings about Leah.  We were invited into his inner dialog, but I suspect that even his sons don't fully realize why he is with Leah.

Ah, but does Patty specifically says that is why Leah is bitter? I believe that she has Mercy assuming that motive for Leah, but it's not as if Leah is going to share that with her. 

I agree. I think Mercy makes that assumption because it explains Leah's ferocity towards her- even when Mercy was too young to really defend herself socially and physically.
 I think that part of Leah's reaction to Anna as a Omega has a lot of similarity to why she doesn't like Mercy.  Both Anna and Mercy are special in ways Leah can not compete with ( as opposed to being beautiful or popular) and well liked by Bran and his sons which could give them an elevated status in the community.

I don't think Leah wants to compete with anyone in popularity or female status. I suspect she agreed to be with Bran because he provided status and power even though she knew he didn't love her ;)  But that's just my assumptions based on her description as selfish, stupid, manipulative and vindictive.  I don't have a lot of sympathy  ::)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2008, 02:27:29 pm »

~Linnea
I'm not sure we should assume that the pack understands Bran's true feelings about Leah.  We were invited into his inner dialog, but I suspect that even his sons don't fully realize why he is with Leah.

Actually, Bran says in Cry Wolf that his sons never understood his mating or his marriage to Leah, and Sam says, I forget on which book, that he doesn't understand it.

Ah, but does Patty specifically says that is why Leah is bitter? I believe that she has Mercy assuming that motive for Leah, but it's not as if Leah is going to share that with her. 

I agree. I think Mercy makes that assumption because it explains Leah's ferocity towards her- even when Mercy was too young to really defend herself socially and physically.
 I think that part of Leah's reaction to Anna as a Omega has a lot of similarity to why she doesn't like Mercy.  Both Anna and Mercy are special in ways Leah can not compete with ( as opposed to being beautiful or popular) and well liked by Bran and his sons which could give them an elevated status in the community.

I don't think Leah wants to compete with anyone in popularity or female status. I suspect she agreed to be with Bran because he provided status and power even though she knew he didn't love her ;)  But that's just my assumptions based on her description as selfish, stupid, manipulative and vindictive.  I don't have a lot of sympathy  ::)

I'm with you on that Glow :P :D

Winkonce

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2008, 02:41:38 pm »
I think it is simply the old green eyed monster rearing its ugly head. In all honesty wouldn't any woman be jealous if the man that you love shows you no true affection and always turns to someone else to confide in? Wouldnt it hurt you to know and sense that he has true affection for another even though it maybe a child or someone they feel parental towards? She may very well have known going in that he wanted her only for mating purposes and I think that is covered in CW when he says he chose her only because she "stupid and selfish" she was someone he would not worry about losing his heart to like his first wife.
I think you can assume that she does love him - when he came home she was sleeping in his bed on his side wrapped around a pillow. Sounds like someone in love to me. I bet it tears her up every time he confides or shows true affection for someone else.
I don't think that the pack knows his true motives for marrying her .. wouldn't that in some way degrade her and open her up to people not respecting her authority? I dont think Bran would intentionally disrespect her like that .. in CW they mention that Charles is ready for another lecture on showing her respect from his father. (something to that effect).
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

Pee on it and walk away.