Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 183625 times)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
Re: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering
« Reply #540 on: January 30, 2011, 06:34:11 pm »
They do let the thirds come. It's the top three in rank that go  bOuNcY

In what months are the 2 Conclaves held?

October is the Changing month; February is the Execution month.

The Conclaves are July and January.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #541 on: January 30, 2011, 06:42:33 pm »
Ack! I've missed that!! Where is it?
Hurog Means Dragon.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
Re: Roses in Winter | Shifting Shadows SPOILERS POSSIBLE
« Reply #542 on: October 26, 2014, 06:55:16 pm »
Mercy has said in Bone Crossed that she has done a lot over the years in being raised in Bran's pack to make him angry, and when she wrecked his Porsche and he thought she was dead that was the worst. I'd love some scenes of a Bran POV of that wreck, and other things Mercy did to make him mad, including all her pranks. I wonder if he really spent time with baby Mercy or if he was mostly too busy.

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
Re: Re: Roses in Winter | Shifting Shadows SPOILERS POSSIBLE
« Reply #543 on: October 28, 2014, 04:33:25 am »
Mercy has said in Bone Crossed that she has done a lot over the years in being raised in Bran's pack to make him angry, and when she wrecked his Porsche and he thought she was dead that was the worst. I'd love some scenes of a Bran POV of that wreck, and other things Mercy did to make him mad, including all her pranks. I wonder if he really spent time with baby Mercy or if he was mostly too busy.

I think he did spend a lot of time with Mercy when she was a child. Not sure about as a baby, but there's lots of references in the books to how Bran thinks/Bran's favourite sayings etc, and stuff that Mercy probably wouldn't have picked up on if she hadn't been spending quite a lot of time around Bran.
E.g.
There's the story about the shoes, where Mercy mentions having spent a lot of legitimate time over at Bran's house; enough that it wasn't seen as unusual for her to have her scent there and be seen coming and going several times in the same day.

There's that part in Silver Bourne where she questions Mary Jo, deliberately using techniques that she says she grew up watching Bran use, so again, she must have spent time around Bran to have been able to watch and learn that stuff.
Don't know about everyone else, but I wondered if maybe she used to sit in Bran's study playing with lego bricks or toy cars or something on one side or the room, while sort of watching and listening to Bran dealing with pack members on the other side of the room or something?

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: Re: Roses in Winter | Shifting Shadows SPOILERS POSSIBLE
« Reply #544 on: October 28, 2014, 10:01:46 am »
We've seen how the pack seems to drift through Adam's house daily. That probably also happens to Bran.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #545 on: October 29, 2014, 05:11:26 pm »
Definitely, if you read Alpha & Omega books, and "Roses in Winter".
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #546 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:52 am »
Asil, Bran's self-appointed gadfly, certainly feels free to drift in when he wants to.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia