Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184007 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2008, 08:27:32 am »
No, you didn't, I just wasn't clear in how I put it; I apologize to you!
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

berneynator

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2008, 03:53:56 pm »
Didn't Sam's wolf decide to un-mate Mercy? It doesn't even seem to have been a mutual decision, but it opens up the possibility if the wolf side wants to break the mating. I didn't get the impression that the human side gets to control mating much at all, although Sam kind of forced a mating with Mercy by showing her to his wolf. Still, I think it was also said that many werewolves are married for years before the wolf half takes their spouse for a mate- so it's the wolf's choice, not the humans.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2008, 07:19:10 pm »
She never accepted him, so it wasn't a true mating.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2008, 11:55:25 am »
I thought he DID accept her, but then felt sorry for her and backed down?

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2008, 04:01:17 pm »
I think for there to be a true mating, you need to have both parties involved.  Obviously, a wolf can view a person as their mate (ie.  Mercy and Adam; Mercy and Sam; Warren and Kyle) without the other person's knowledge or agreement.  And so, that person then has a choice to accept the mating or not.  But I think once the other person acknowledges and accepts the mating, the relationship becomes more permanent.  (I would assume that with married couples, the wife's previous vows count as acceptance once the wolf decides to take her as a mate).

Hopefully, we'll get more on mating in Cry Wolf.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:39 am »
Perhaps to cement the mating - it would have to involve the ceremony that Patty hints about. With the ceremony both parties have to accept the mating which binds them together. :)
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

jenglows

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2008, 06:21:51 pm »
Yes, I'm sure there is some sort of mutual consent that formalizes it.  Patty has made a few mentions of ways that mating can end, but I wonder if Bran's wolf would un-mate with Leah if the man Bran actually fell in love with someone else?  He seems to be the romantic love-at-first-sight kinda guy, so I guess it's possible in the right scenario for him to get into a major internal conflict.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2008, 05:19:10 am »
Yes, I'm sure there is some sort of mutual consent that formalizes it.  Patty has made a few mentions of ways that mating can end, but I wonder if Bran's wolf would un-mate with Leah if the man Bran actually fell in love with someone else?  He seems to be the romantic love-at-first-sight kinda guy, so I guess it's possible in the right scenario for him to get into a major internal conflict.

Ohhhh interesting - I could see that happening especially since Bran hates Leah. But it would have to depend on his wolf though. The wolf chose Leah to be his mate and that is a harder bond to end.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2008, 05:45:19 am »
does Bran really HATE leah... or does he simply not like her? Cause I think it's kind of hard and does not seem very symbiotic (as I usually see the wolf-human-thing) if the wolf accepts somebody as a mate, but the human half despises that person..... seems rather cruel

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2008, 05:59:28 am »
I think Sam stated in IK that Bran despises Leah but his wolf is mated to her- but he just wont want to hear any criticisms of her when he is around- but he knows what she is like. perhaps his wolf dislikes hearing it and feels that his mate is threatened?
Its got to be hard to live with that kind of mating because Bran's human half isnt happy with her yet the Wolf is in control. I wonder if it depends on how dominant a wolf is? especially how the wold can overpower the human in this respect- and since Bran is very dominant then thats got to be hard.
Its interesting to note that in comparison Adam never mated with his wife and I think from a chat or on the boards - Patty mentioned that his wolf didnt like her so it was a reversal of what Bran is going through. But unlike Bran - Adam got out of his bad relationship pretty easily.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2008, 09:09:21 am »
How did Adams wolf unmate with his X if he didnt kill her?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2008, 11:58:28 am »
Adam's wolf never mated with his ex- there's no mention of a mating between them- I think Patty stated in a chat that his wolf wasnt happy and disliked her but relented.
Perhaps to have a true and probably a happy mating both man and wolf need to accept and love their mate. Because if you have one half who is unhappy it can definitely lead to unhappiness but thats not to say of other successful matings/marriages with one side wanting their partner.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:00:25 pm by Has »

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2008, 09:07:53 pm »
OOO...I thought that they WERE mated so thats were I got confused.

ravenmichelle

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2008, 03:19:58 am »
hi.. not sure if this is off typic. as bran's wolf took leah but as human they dislike each other (to a degree) and adam and his x the wolf did not like her but dealt with it..  how will adams wolf accept mercy's coyote?

Temari

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2008, 03:22:57 am »
I think there was an ask Patty about that and she said that Adam's wolf liked Mercy. I think that Mercy, unlike the wolves, doesn't have a seperate identity for her coyote... maybe that's a new discussion topic?