Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184065 times)

ladylynx

• Mechanic
Re: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering
« Reply #525 on: October 31, 2009, 04:41:55 am »
Remember,the advice that Charles gave Anna when he asked her to come to Montana? The Marrok would send her any where she wanted to go , but he would make sure he sent her where he needed her? The same thing would apply for Sam if he got married. He would send Sam some place that needed a strong Alpha or a place to start a pack. He wouldn't let Sam intrude on Adam's territory at all.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #526 on: October 31, 2009, 07:34:43 am »
-- Or maybe the three of them would work it out so that Sam could have territory NEXT to the Columbia Basin pack?  Since things are hotting up there, what with more vampire & Fae activity, the Marrok might decide that he needs two strong, kind, trustworthy Alphas in the area.

Or, here's an idea; Anna's old Chicago pack currently has - unless things changed since the time of Moon Called & Alpha and Omega - a not very dominant alpha.  What if he talked Sam & his bride into going there & taking that pack over, healing it?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

deadfrog

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #527 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:04 am »
Judging from the story as it has been told so far I would say that if Samuel find's a mate and they have babies, they are almost certainly not going to be werewolves. Not being wolves, they would not be part of a pack, just part of Sam's family. They might be Sam's pack in the way that David Christiansen considers his family pack but not in a sense that would create problems with the Columbia Basin pack.

I believe Sam is one of those wolves who don't want to be alpha. Didn't Mercy say that he is alpha for his patients, and therefore does not need more responsibility on his hands?

Sam is a healer and not a warrior (as stated by Charles), and I think a werewolf alpha needs to be a warrior first, no matter how dominant he is. An alpha is also expected to stabilize his wolves / pack, and he cannot do that if he is unstable himself. It will take some time before he'll be stable enough to lead his own pack. And before he'll be able to persuade Bran that he is stable enough to do so.

The Chikago pack has been run by its new alpha now for some time. I don't think Bran would interfere with that pack unless new trouble arises. Mind you, I don't think he would interfere if some stronger wolf decided to challenge its current alpha for leadership (as long as the challenger meets Bran's criteria).

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2010, 02:00:07 pm »
Bran wouldn't put Sam and adam so close. They'd get territorial
Howl more, whine less

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2010, 07:10:32 pm »
I'm trying to remember... do Alpha mates go to the yearly gathering in Aspen Creek?  Won't it twist Leah's tail when Mercy shows up, mated to about the next highest alpha after hers?  O)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #530 on: August 17, 2010, 07:18:03 pm »
I'd love to see that, but my guess would be that they wouldn't. Wouldn't want to deal with the protective behavoir of the males.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #531 on: August 17, 2010, 07:22:09 pm »
Oh, Mercy's dealt with the "bad coyote in werewolf territory- as read by the yearly Alpha gathering" thing before, when she lived there.  But she was a little no-rank child then, not part of the gathering... now she's an Alpha's mate, and partly responsible for the discipline of her pack, and ranked just below Leah, not 'no-rank'.

Brittany

• Grease Monkey
  • Omega Wolf
    • blog
« Reply #532 on: August 17, 2010, 07:36:37 pm »
I'm trying to remember... do Alpha mates go to the yearly gathering in Aspen Creek?  Won't it twist Leah's tail when Mercy shows up, mated to about the next highest alpha after hers?  O)

I think they do, yes. It seems like they would, anyway... Even if mates don't usually attend, I can't see anyone, even Adam, stopping Mercy from going to Aspen Creek for one of those yearly Alpha gatherings if that's what she decided to do. And it seems like it would amuse Bran to see Adam's tail in a twist with Mercy there, so I don't think he'd do much to prevent it. :D And I would love to see Leah's reaction to Mercy being there, ranking just a little below her instead of barely registering on her werewolf status radar.
Women are the bloodthirsty sex. We get the reputation, but it is only because the
women stand behind us, and say, Kill it. Squish it. — Ric Postinger (Hunting Ground)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #533 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:28 am »

That's not in Aspen Creek. The conclave is in Bran's corporate headquarters in Colorado so Leah wouldn't be there or Mercy either. It's Alphas and seconds. No mates allowed.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #534 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:09 am »
Ah, I was wondering, thank you.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2010, 12:30:41 pm »
In HG Charles said the men would get too teritorial of their mates :P
Howl more, whine less

dee

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2010, 05:42:54 am »
*off topic*

if only the alphas thirds were allowed to...will be funny to see how the other alphas reacte to warren's presence and his rank...... ;D.....assuming they already know about him

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2010, 03:49:10 pm »
They do let the thirds come. It's the top three in rank that go  bOuNcY
Howl more, whine less

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #538 on: January 30, 2011, 06:28:47 pm »
They do let the thirds come. It's the top three in rank that go  bOuNcY

In what months are the 2 Conclaves held?

October is the Changing month; February is the Execution month.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #539 on: January 30, 2011, 06:32:00 pm »
Patty's never said. The changing/execution may only be for the Aspen Creek pack. Maybe we'll find out in the next A&O book!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:42:54 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.