Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184017 times)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2007, 06:05:28 pm »
yeah that sounds better

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Talking_Mouse

• Grease Monkey
  • Never underestimate the power of words.
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2007, 11:23:35 pm »
*****************************SPOILERS FROM IRON KISSED****************************

S

P

O

I

L

I

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

So, according to Samuel his father despises his mate.  However, he (Bran) will not speak a word against her, nor let anyone say anything negative about her in his hearing.  His wolf chose her when Charles' mother died, so he would not be alone.  This is truly the wolf choosing, and the man having to follow along.

Does this show Bran is honorable to stay with her,  or is he cutting off his nose to spite his face staying with her, or since wolves mate for life is he stuck until one of them dies?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2007, 12:02:55 pm »
I think he's pretty much stuck until one or the other dies. However, I'm sure if he was too misrable with Leah, his wolf would find a way to break it off.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2007, 12:27:58 pm »
I agree - I think Patty hinted at that in one of the chats- but there is no divorce when a wolf choose to mate  its more permanent.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Jane

• Tool Wrangler
    • See Jane Score
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2007, 03:03:11 pm »
I was just going to say what Talking_Mouse explained. :)

I think he's stuck with her until one of them dies since his wolf chose her, even though he doesn't like her. I wonder if Leah's wolf chose him as her mate but the person doesn't like him either.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2007, 03:29:45 pm »
I think Leah likes the power she gets from being his mate from the impression she gives me. Its like in Aspen Creek the women follow look up to her - but when she sees people that goes against authority she hates it. Mercy does that on purpose and she gets away with it due to her wits.
Another impression especially from reading that bit in MC  is that I dont think she is particularly dominant as well and she is pretty insecure. Sam was more dominant in that scene where they had a face off- yet in the hierarchy she is suppose to be above him. I think this is partly why she doesn't like Bran's sons and Mercy- this is on top of the love and the affection that he has for them as well. By the way I have a feeling that although Mercy isn't a werewolf I think she is pretty dominant and more so than Leah.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Talking_Mouse

• Grease Monkey
  • Never underestimate the power of words.
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2007, 11:48:44 pm »
I tend to agree with what everyone has said that Bran and Leah are stuck with each other until one of them dies, with one important exception.  We learned in IK that if an Alpha’s mate cheats on him, he is perceived as weak and he can leave her.  I don’t see Leah doing anything to endanger her position as the mate of the Marrok, however we have only seen her for one scene.

Has, I agree with you that Leah doesn’t seem to be that dominant.  This might be part of the problem with Bran, he needs someone who is a bit closer to him in dominance, no one being equal to him there, but he can’t partner with someone who is so radically different in dominance levels than he is.   

life06

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2007, 12:44:16 pm »
I remember reading somewhere in BB that the female werewolves take their dominance from their mates so I don't understand how this could be an issue.

I don't know if anyone hasa brought this up before but why does Leah and all the female werewolves hate Mercy so much? I realize it might be because she can have children and they can't, however there are other options out there today. For instance having someone else a non werewolf ccarry their child instead of the female werewolf?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2007, 12:54:46 pm »
It's not all female werewolves, Mercy gets along just fine with the females in Adam's pack.
It's only the females in the Morrok Pack that have problems with her. Presumably because Leah doesn't like Mercy and to get points with her the other females follow her lead.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2007, 01:10:25 pm »
I'd like to add as well that although the mates who do follow the rank of their mates- There is conflict, look at Honey and her hubby- Shes dominant but she is at the bottom of the pack because he is a submissive thats got be hard on her. I think Patty stated this in a chat. Also another thing you have to factor is that I am pretty sure that Leah is not that Dominant and although Bran doesnt appear that dominant he is the Marrok that has got to be very hard to live with. There is inequality in that relationship and Leah is insecure which is why she reacts that way I think towards Mercy, who isnt a werewolf yet has the ability not to submit to a powerful alpha. Add the fertility no wonder Leah is unhinged.
Well thats my two pence worth - there could be more to it? But I may not like Leah as a person- but as character in the series I like all the conflict she causes its going to be interesting to see what she does in Anna and Charles book ;D

Perkinator

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2007, 06:36:32 pm »
It wouldn't be as interesting story if Bran's mate was actually nice.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »
true, very true  ;D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2007, 07:05:40 pm »
I dont - I mean she doesnt like Sam how can she be nice if she doesnt like him. Nope she not nice at all

jenglows

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2008, 12:24:04 pm »
yeah, I bet she'll have issues with Anna too...  i don't think she likes Charles either.

I dont - I mean she doesnt like Sam how can she be nice if she doesnt like him. Nope she not nice at all

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2008, 12:42:49 pm »
yeah, I bet she'll have issues with Anna too...  i don't think she likes Charles either.

Ooh, really looking forward to seeing that!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)